Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sums Up This Season
(10-09-2016, 08:55 PM)GodFather Wrote: Cmon, you know the season is over. If you think for a second we are going to go into New England and win, is completely insane. It won't happen. I would bet the farm on it. So basically we would have to win out the rest of the year to get into the playoffs. Just isn't going to happen.

I would bet this team finishes closer to 8-8 after watching the first five games. The offensive line has made EVERY defense we've played thus far look like superstars. And the defense hasn't exactly dominated this year.

Its what it has always been...the coaching. Marvin Lewis and company don't have what it takes to compete with the big boys. Lewis never has...

I said 9-7 before preseason.  I said before tonight, if they win tonight, I stand by 9-7, if not, it's 7-9. 

Unless there are some serious fixes and adjustments, it will be a challenge to squeeze out 5 more wins.

How are the most recent Bengals ex-coordinators doing?

Zimmer 5-0 without 3 key starters.

Gruden 3-2, winning the last 3 games in a row with not near the talent the Bengals have.

Jackson .... well .... 0-5 ......  his biggest mistake was taking on the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:57 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: There are definitely reasons for concern, but I agree...too early to throw in the towel.

A win in NE would be amazing, but I'll admit that my confidence in happening is almost nonexistent right now.  Sad

Honestly, no negativity in this post at all, but the probability is a loss next week to go 2-4. Then the hope has to be that the Bengals (with Eifert back and hopefully Burfict 15lbs lighter) can make some hay in the next 7 games. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:10 PM)Brimey Wrote: First time in 4 years I have little hope of going anywhere on the year
- offensive line has been awful. 3 spots are totally subpar
- We are being out physicaled in nearly every game. Jets, Steelers, Broncos and now Cowboys have beat us up.
- Can't stay on the field on 3rd down, and can't get it off it on 3rd either
- Flat out lack of spark. Team seems listless. Maybe they never recovered from last year's WC. Maybe the coach isn't pushing them enough. Major changes are needed. Everyone should be fighting to keep their job every week now

The bad O-line was pretty apparent and much discussed by fellow fans.

It's the poor front line D play and lack of pressure that is unsettling.

The D line today was reminiscent of playing the Texans O-line in the playoffs of past. 

They were neutralized for the most part.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 08:47 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: With 11 games left, I still think it's far too early to say the season is over or that they won't make the playoffs, but I do think there are some glaring problems that need to be fixed...and fixed quickly.

So far this season, they've played 3 teams that currently have winning records. They are 0-3 against those teams, losing all 3 games by 8 or more points and scoring 17 or less in each. 

The 2 wins thus far are against teams that are a combined 2-8, and even in those games, the offense only managed 3 total TD's. 

If they lose to NE next week and go 2-4...things do get more difficult.

I agree mostly. I predicted a 2-4 start and that we would develop new role players and new coaches to turn it into a 10-6 record. Never thought a team with so much talent (some of it young) would get dominated in every phase. Not so sure about my 10-6 prediction, now. This team has good talent. The coaches are not getting them prepared. We have 5 new coaches. It appears a couple are not faring too well.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Let me ask you this, what did you see new this week against Dallas that we haven't seen in the first four games? So why hasn't the coaching addressed these issues already? I dont think another game with the same mistakes is going to make these coaches suddenly wake up and make the adjustments to win.....like they should've against the Jets game!(offensive line for example)

I personally have absolutely zero faith any of the coaching has what it takes to make adjustments to turn things around.

So what drives you craziest about Marvin? LOL

Unfortunately, not much has changed or been fixed between NY and Dallas. Maybe things won't get fixed, but I'm hopeful that they will figure it out very soon. First and foremost is the O-line. 

As for Marvin, the answer: He's still here.
Reply/Quote
Nothing like getting dominated on both lines.

Our vaunted DL was absent for most of the game and the OL was laughable. As already happened multiple times this season they got completely punked by a 4 man front. Og and Bodine were pathetic and Zeitler was also very bad.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:09 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It sure would be nice for once that Marvin take accountability for not having his team prepared to play Dallas.

Not the whole "we need to do some things better".

They were schooled in about every aspect of the game today.  That's more than just "some things".

No doubt,

It would be nice to hear we've got to coach better and changes are coming. If this was a real team a couple of heads would roll after this embarrassment. Bodine benched, Ced benched, O-line shook totally up ! Paul Alexander fired ! Zampese fired and on and on.

But instead we'll hear the "we need to play better" and nothing will change.

I applaud you guys saying the season isn't over because there's no way we have the accountability here to make the necessary changes. We're way to bad in way to many places for a little tweaking to have any impact.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nothing like getting dominated on both lines.

Our vaunted DL was absent for most of the game and the OL was laughable. As already happened multiple times this season they got completely punked by a 4 man front. Og and Bodine were pathetic and Zeitler was also very bad.
The oline looks bad, but I think Bodine has improved. The issue is Ced and Z. I don't  know what the hell happened to Z. 

We knew the (basically) rookie OT would struggle, but Z is surprising. 

Get Jake Long and Jonathan Cooper in her pronto. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:19 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Unfortunately, not much has changed or been fixed between NY and Dallas. Maybe things won't get fixed, but I'm hopeful that they will figure it out very soon. First and foremost is the O-line. 

As for Marvin, the answer: He's still here.
Hell these lame assed coaches even had extra time (mini-bye) to prepare and still can't get the job done! Mike Brown and his %&%^%$#@#$&*promoting coaches from within.  Eff Mike brown.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, no negativity in this post at all, but the probability is a loss next week to go 2-4. Then the hope has to be that the Bengals (with Eifert back and hopefully Burfict 15lbs lighter) can make some hay in the next 7 games. 

Agreed. 

Look, they will lose to New England. They'll be 2-4. The 5 games after that are all winnable. They probably won't win them all but at the very least be back in the wildcard hunt.

Right now, I think they win maybe 2 or 3 more games. That said, I think about the 2012 season when they struggled early and finished strong.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The oline looks bad, but I think Bodine has improved. The issue is Ced and Z. I don't  know what the hell happened to Z. 

We knew the (basically) rookie OT would struggle, but Z is surprising. 

Get Jake Long and Jonathan Cooper in her pronto. 

You can still see very obvious issues with Bodine, but I agree...Z is having a pretty rough year so far, and Cedric looks completely lost at times.
Reply/Quote
Bodine was horrific today. Once again (it has happened at least once in every game) he let a rusher in unblocked.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:20 PM)Joelist Wrote: Nothing like getting dominated on both lines.

The linebackers weren't great either. 
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:12 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I said 9-7 before preseason.  I said before tonight, if they win tonight, I stand by 9-7, if not, it's 7-9. 

Unless there are some serious fixes and adjustments, it will be a challenge to squeeze out 5 more wins.

How are the most recent Bengals ex-coordinators doing?

Zimmer 5-0 without 3 key starters.

Gruden 3-2, winning the last 3 games in a row with not near the talent the Bengals have.

Jackson .... well .... 0-5 ......  his biggest mistake was taking on the Browns.

Tell you what: the Browns may have found their QB in Kessler. 
Reply/Quote
i'm changing my prediction in NE. bellichick will overthink the upcoming game. i knew dallas would roll cincinnati. i think bellichick looks past this game. bengals win in NE. something in my soul tells me they beat NE in NE. it's just a bengals fan thing. it just feels like that. im serious. almost bet money it happens.
Reply/Quote
So the locker room discussion reported was "people to worry about themselves and not what other players were doing".

Why do they even pick team captains or say players are great from leadership roles?

To expect players on a team to not be concerned of what other players are doing(or in this case not doing)is totally unrealistic.

In a perfect world people keep focus and do what they need to do and step up by themselves.

Some people need pressure and motivation from others.  

Sometimes it's just as effective from peers than those of higher authority(ie coaches).
Reply/Quote
Too early to throw in the towel, but if the Bengals don't play a lot better than they did today then they'll be lucky to win five games this season.

Everywhere the Bengals have back-filled a position this year has been a failure so far. Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, Wallace Gilberry, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu have all been replaced by lesser players at this point. Some of these guys hopefully have more upside but right now it's a failure on all fronts. Heck, we might be better off with Leon Hall creaking around out there at safety than what we've seen from Shawn Williams so far this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 10:32 PM)Roland Wrote: Too early to throw in the towel, but if the Bengals don't play a lot better than they did today then they'll be lucky to win five games this season.

Everywhere the Bengals have back-filled a position this year has been a failure so far.  Andre Smith, Reggie Nelson, Wallace Gilberry, Marvin Jones and Mohamed Sanu have all been replaced by lesser players at this point. Some of these guys hopefully have more upside but right now it's a failure on all fronts. Heck, we might be better off with Leon Hall creaking around out there at safety than what we've seen from Shawn Williams so far this year.

[Image: th?id=OIP.M09580d4d93783c893d556d4a0f23f...=264&h=177]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:54 PM)WildCat Wrote: i'm changing my prediction in NE. bellichick will overthink the upcoming game. i knew dallas would roll cincinnati. i think bellichick looks past this game. bengals win in NE. something in my soul tells me they beat NE in NE. it's just a bengals fan thing. it just feels like that. im serious. almost bet money it happens.

If you think Bellichick looks past any game, you don't know Bill Bellichick.
Reply/Quote
This season:

[Image: titanic-sinking.jpg]
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote