Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sums Up This Season
If they were losing because of one or two fixable things I would have more optimism. Fact of the matter is there are a lot of holes in this team. The OL has been well addressed so I won't beat that dead horse. Special teams have been awful. No return game to speak of and always setting the Bengals up with bad field position. The defensive schemes have been mind boggling. Michael Johnson has been non-existent and there is no reliable depth behind him. The DL is getting no consistent pressure and getting cleared out in run blocking. Shawn Williams has been a serious step down from Reggie Nelson. I could add more but I feel my depression deepening the more I type.
Reply/Quote
I'm checking out on this season. I'll root from the back row, but I'm not going to get too emotionally invested in this 2016 team. This team needs some huge changes in its coaching starting with Marvin. The dude seems like he's checked out.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We all know how bad the O-line has been so far this season but I am a little surprised how bad our D-line has looked too.
Peko is so useless, it's not funny. He gets pushed back on every snap and applies zero pressure on the QB. I don't know why this fat tub of goo is still on this team.
Geno was below average last season and has been invisible this year yet everyone still makes excuses for him(double-teamed, coaching scheme) but the bottom line is he is paid to be the big man on defense and he's been nothing but awful.
Funny how the DL is weak against mediocre OL's but when we play against a team with a good Offensive line ie. Dallas, the Defensive line looks absolutely over matched !!
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:02 PM)GodFather Wrote: Ill say one positive thing. I was very hard on Dalton in his early years but he is a pro. That guy has heart and really has been playing great since last year. I was getting so angry that the offensive line is so bad the defense was waiting for Dalton when he dropped back to pass. 

Dalton is a huge bright spot on this completely disappointing 2016 team we have.

No doubt. Believe it or not, Dalton has a 96.2 passer rating as of now, with only 2 INTs (0 fumbles), despite 17 sacks and dozens of pressures already. We're on pace to allow 54 sacks, which would be more than 2008. Maybe the most in Bengals history.

(10-09-2016, 09:14 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Honestly, no negativity in this post at all, but the probability is a loss next week to go 2-4. Then the hope has to be that the Bengals (with Eifert back and hopefully Burfict 15lbs lighter) can make some hay in the next 7 games. 

Next week is almost certainly an L. I guess the most positive thing I can say is that we started 3-5 in 2012 and wound up 10-6. We have more time to turn it around than that, but something needs to change fast.

(10-09-2016, 09:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The oline looks bad, but I think Bodine has improved. The issue is Ced and Z. I don't  know what the hell happened to Z. 

We knew the (basically) rookie OT would struggle, but Z is surprising. 

Get Jake Long and Jonathan Cooper in her pronto. 

Cincy.com put 2 sacks on Bodine today. I totally agree on bringing someone in though. Maybe 2 players.

Anyone on the street can play as good or better than what we're getting right now. Hell, get Winston in there. He can't possibly be worse. Bench Zeitler too if need be, although that's a tough one to figure out.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Next week is almost certainly an L. I guess the most positive thing I can say is that we started 3-5 in 2012 and wound up 10-6. We have more time to turn it around than that, but something needs to change fast.
Coincidentally, 2012 was the same set of divisions we play this year. Seems to be the same slow start with the same opportunity to win some games in the second half of the season and get back into the playoff picture. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Coincidentally, 2012 was the same set of divisions we play this year. Seems to be the same slow start with the same opportunity to win some games in the second half of the season and get back into the playoff picture. 

I hope they can get some things fixed and turn it around.  Right now they look more like a 6-10 team than a a 10-6 team.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:55 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Coincidentally, 2012 was the same set of divisions we play this year. Seems to be the same slow start with the same opportunity to win some games in the second half of the season and get back into the playoff picture. 

True, and that 1 loss in the 2nd half of the 2012 season was to...the Cowboys.

We swept the rest of that division.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:05 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: I'm checking out on this season. I'll root from the back row, but I'm not going to get too emotionally invested in this 2016 team. This team needs some huge changes in its coaching starting with Marvin. The dude seems like he's checked out.

Perhaps the team has checked out on Marvin. Hmm

Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:04 AM)Roland Wrote: I hope they can get some things fixed and turn it around.  Right now they look more like a 6-10 team than a a 10-6 team.

They pretty much looked that way after 8 games in '12 also.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
More like..

[Image: 9hk5zj]
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 11:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: No doubt. Believe it or not, Dalton has a 96.2 passer rating as of now, with only 2 INTs (0 fumbles), despite 17 sacks and dozens of pressures already. We're on pace to allow 54 sacks, which would be more than 2008. Maybe the most in Bengals history.

Its absolutely incredible how he's able to produce what he has this season with this god awful offensive line. There were many plays from snap that I started counting 1 one thousand 2 one....and the defense was already grabbing at his jersey.

Andy has one of the quickest releases in the league and even that isn't enough with lack of protection he's getting. Can you imagine how deadly he would be if he had a line that protected him to allow the play to develop? 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:51 AM)GodFather Wrote: Its absolutely incredible how he's able to produce what he has this season with this god awful offensive line. There were many plays from snap that I started counting 1 one thousand 2 one....and the defense was already grabbing at his jersey.

Andy has one of the quickest releases in the league and even that isn't enough with lack of protection he's getting. Can you imagine how deadly he would be if he had a line that protected him to allow the play to develop? 

I legit believe that if Dalton played for Sean Payton, he'd put up Drew Brees numbers. I think our coordinators (Jay and Zampese, not so much Hue) have been 2nd rate and the pass blocking - while awful now - has never been very good if he really needed time.

It'll really be a shame if his career goes to waste. Not to mention Green, Dunlap, Atkins, etc. 
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I legit believe that if Dalton played for Sean Payton, he'd put up Drew Brees numbers. I think our coordinators (Jay and Zampese, not so much Hue) have been 2nd rate and the pass blocking - while awful now - has never been very good if he really needed time.

It'll really be a shame if his career goes to waste. Not to mention Green, Dunlap, Atkins, etc. 

I think you have GMs around the league watching this fiasco unfold and hoping that Andy starts becoming discontented and they can trade for him. Imagine him with even a competent OL so plays could actually develop....
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:33 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I legit believe that if Dalton played for Sean Payton, he'd put up Drew Brees numbers. I think our coordinators (Jay and Zampese, not so much Hue) have been 2nd rate and the pass blocking - while awful now - has never been very good if he really needed time.

Thats the problem with the front office resigning Marvin to an extension year after year, we have some great players and with each passing year players leave/retire leaving an opportunity behind because we have Marvin wasting the talent we've accrued over the years.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2016, 09:12 PM)GodFather Wrote: Let me ask you this, what did you see new this week against Dallas that we haven't seen in the first four games? So why hasn't the coaching addressed these issues already? I dont think another game with the same mistakes is going to make these coaches suddenly wake up and make the adjustments to win.....like they should've against the Jets game!(offensive line for example)

I personally have absolutely zero faith any of the coaching has what it takes to make adjustments to turn things around.

So what drives you craziest about Marvin? LOL
AT first I completely blamed the coaches and preparation, By the end of the third quarter I said our players are getting punked all over the field, I have never seen such a spirit crushing game. So your right, Marvin, Guenther and Zampese just don't have the answer!
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 01:37 AM)Joelist Wrote: I think you have GMs around the league watching this fiasco unfold and hoping that Andy starts becoming discontented and they can trade for him. Imagine him with even a competent OL so plays could actually develop....

Probably. We obviously have a history with players asking out, so...

(10-10-2016, 01:41 AM)GodFather Wrote: Thats the problem with the front office resigning Marvin to an extension year after year, we have some great players and with each passing year players leave/retire leaving an opportunity behind because we have Marvin wasting the talent we've accrued over the years.

This would be the 2nd wasted core of talented players. At this rate, that could be Marv's ultimate legacy.
Reply/Quote
I will say this. The NE game is the make or break game of this season. After today I have about -1% faith in this team coming away with a win next week BUT If they do, and look decent it could be the boost this team needs. What better way to get a teams confidence back than a win against NE. On the other hand, a horrible performance worse than what we saw today ( if thats even possible) will pretty much sink this team for the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 12:51 AM)GodFather Wrote: Its absolutely incredible how he's able to produce what he has this season with this god awful offensive line. There were many plays from snap that I started counting 1 one thousand 2 one....and the defense was already grabbing at his jersey.

I heard something last week about Dalton actually being more accurate when under pressure. Crazy I know.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:18 AM)TKUHL Wrote: I will say this. The NE game is the make or break game of this season. After today I have about -1% faith in this team coming away with a win next week BUT If they do, and look decent it could be the boost this team needs. What better way to get a teams confidence back than a win against NE. On the other hand, a horrible performance worse than what we saw today ( if thats even possible) will pretty much sink this team for the season.

I feel the same.  I think the Bengals will get annihilated.  In the event that they wake the hell up and manage to come out of Foxboro with a win, then then we have a season on our hands.
Reply/Quote
(10-10-2016, 02:25 AM)samhain Wrote: I feel the same.  I think the Bengals will get annihilated.  In the event that they wake the hell up and manage to come out of Foxboro with a win, then then we have a season on our hands.

Yup. This game should be Marvins last stand. Show us what you are made of Marvin. Beat a freakin winning team when we need it.
Reply/Quote