Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This Sunday Is The First Test For This Defense
(10-07-2021, 08:53 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I think when Perine starts getting in rhythm, he will be better than people expect him to be. It's hard for a RB to get going on only a few plays. Plus, with them not substituting him for pass protection, it doesn't tip the hand as much. Mixon was supposed to have improved in that area, but after the first few missed blocks I noticed they were substituting Perine for passing plays. 

The Bengals certainly are missing Giovani Bernard in pass protection! Joe Mixon is far better catching check down passes than pass blocking but Samaje Perine is good at both. You make an excellent point about establishing a rhythm with a running back and neither Perine nor Evans have had that opportunity this year. This Sunday looks like a great time for them to start.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 08:58 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: The Bengals certainly are missing Giovani Bernard in pass protection!  Joe Mixon is far better catching check down passes than pass blocking but Samaje Perine is good at both.  You make an excellent point about establishing a rhythm with a running back and neither Perine nor Evans have had that opportunity this year. This Sunday looks like a great time for them to start.

Perine is best going straight forward. I'd like to see Spain, Hopkins and Caramel just blast open some holes right down the middle and run it down their throats.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Perine is best going straight forward. I'd like to see Spain, Hopkins and Caramel just blast open some holes right down the middle and run it down their throats.

Ok this is the funniest spelling yet… LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ok this is the funniest spelling yet… LOL

While we're at it butchering names, we ought to go ahead and just make it 'Splain
Reply/Quote
Yes, it will be a test because Aaron Rodgers is still capable of making some sick throws.

It may be on local Fox here because the Bears do not play until the 4pm games. Bengals-Packers games are always really interesting.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2021, 02:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: The defense has been playing great up to this point in 4 games, ranking in the top ten in almost every category, but is this just a product of schedule magic? (of the 4 teams we played so far they all have 4 combined wins between them all)

Well with Aaron Rodgers coming to town there will be no excuses this Sunday on where this defense stands against the NFL top teams.

What are your expectations? The defense to continue to play top 10 "D" or will the ball drop and see the Lou "D" we've been accustomed to watching the past two years?

I expect it to go back and forth between the Packers O and our D, we will be wanting to prove that we can handle a top Offense
and we have Homefield advantage. It really depends on how healthy our Corners are and Bates IMO. If they are full go and 100%
we could give Rodgers some problems, if not, he eats and we lose this one. The Offense will have to keep up if the Secondary is 
banged up still.
Reply/Quote
Just heard they lost another Linebacker to IR.....
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 01:32 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just heard they lost another Linebacker to IR.....

The Packers or us?
Reply/Quote