Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This coaching staff is terrible from top to bottom
(11-19-2018, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To describe the Bengals’ coaching situation let’s use a music analogy.  There’s going to be a blockbuster movie released and the producer wants the best musical soundtrack ever.  The best musicians from all over the country come together to make the recording in the best studio money can buy.  

Now would you hire the best musical director, the best arranger, and the best sound professional — or would you drag out the musical staff from Hee Haw?

R.I.P. Roy Clark
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: R.I.P. Roy Clark

Roy Clark was among the best guitar players EVER. He could play anything including trumpet.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To describe the Bengals’ coaching situation let’s use a music analogy.  There’s going to be a blockbuster movie released and the producer wants the best musical soundtrack ever.  The best musicians from all over the country come together to make the recording in the best studio money can buy.  

Now would you hire the best musical director, the best arranger, and the best sound professional — or would you drag out the musical staff from Hee Haw?

Hee Haw had some damn fine musicians.  RIP Roy Clark!   :andy:
Reply/Quote
They would be smart to bring in a young offensive coach and let him hire his own staff. Get rid of all of the current coaches if that’s what the new coach wants.
Same thing with the players - trade whoever you can that’s older and do a complete rebuild so that none of the vets are left from the Marvin regime. Get something for Green, Dunlap, Dalton etc. Change the uniforms and everything else.
There would be a couple of lean years but so what? We are just treading water now.Rip this mother apart and start a winning tradition/franchise. Time for a total overhaul to happen.

Chance of any of this actually happening - 0%
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:31 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: Hee Haw had some damn fine musicians.  RIP Roy Clark!   :andy:

Yes RIP Roy....
On a side note, watching Hee Haw as an 8 yr old, was almost as good as my older brother's girly mags...
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.

Yes!! 

Look at the Bears this year. They moved on from John Fox, a good coach who is past his prime, and hired Matt Nagy. Then they did the unthinkable. They realized that they had a good D and they TRADED for Khalil Mack and made it dominant. Why Mike Brown has to do the same shit over and over is maddening. 

This organization is making me hate football.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yes!! 

Look at the Bears this year. They moved on from John Fox, a good coach who is past his prime, and hired Matt Nagy. Then they did the unthinkable. They realized that they had a good D and they TRADED for Khalil Mack and made it dominant. Why Mike Brown has to do the same shit over and over is maddening. 

I hear ya. The Bengals have slowly turned me off the NFL.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think this is finally the breaking point for me. I've held out judgement on Lazor, Hasselet, Teryl Austin...hell, even Marv.

Im ready to clean house after the season. I want all the guys mentioned above gone. Marvin needs to go, Lazor needs to go, Hue Jackson's stale ass needs to go. Im done, im over it. From the schemes to the personnel to the attitude of the coaching staff, lets move the hell on. It's just not working here anymore with these guys.

The Bengals are stuck in 2005 while other teams around the league are progressing. Better do it now before this team is completely rebuilding.

Brown had the perfect opportunity this past offseason. Perfect chance to officially turn the team over to his daughter (and she'd be starting with some pretty good players, too). Let her hire her own coaching staff (the entire coaching staff was no longer under contract), maybe even a GM ...

And I admit, I overlooked Brown's laziness in keeping Merv when we started off 4-1 but it became clear to me after the KC game, that we are still the same team under Merv we've always been. 

At this point, I want Merv fired and an entire new coaching staff brought in (maybe keep Van Pelt). I know it won't happen until Merv quits or Brown dies (and you know he's going to live to be 120), but I still think it needs to happen if we want to win a Super Bowl.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If all it takes to win in the NFL is some "young offensive minded head coach" then why isn't every team winning?

Completely blowing up an entire team with a ton of experienced successful vets is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 04:38 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: Yes!! 

Ah yes, the Chicago Bears.  They are so much smarter than the Bengals.  I guess that is why they have won a total of 19 games over the last 4 years.

Funny how everyone here always praises the "flavor of the month" an fact like those teams are so much smarter than the Bengals when in fact they often do not accomplish what the Bengals have in recent years.

Remember when the Eagles front office was so smart that they knew exactly how to build a team that would contend for the Lombardi every year?  Or Jacksonville?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If all it takes to win in the NFL is some "young offensive minded head coach" then why isn't every team winning?

At the beginning of WW2 the bulk of Admirals from navies from all countries still thought the battleship was supreme. It took awhile for everybody to realize and admit it wasn't.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If all it takes to win in the NFL is some "young offensive minded head coach" then why isn't every team winning?

Completely blowing up an entire team with a ton of experienced successful vets is crazy.

These successful veterans have maxed out.   Marvin is playing checkers.  Whatever edge he ever had is long gone.  It is time to blow it up, blow it all up.   Turn all those successful veterans into draft picks, send these minor league coaches down the road and start all over.   No more redo's with a guy who proven beyond all doubt that he's not the guy and is now setting out to prove how clueless he really is.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah yes, the Chicago Bears.  They are so much smarter than the Bengals.  I guess that is why they have won a total of 19 games over the last 4 years.

Funny how everyone here always praises the "flavor of the month" an fact like those teams are so much smarter than the Bengals when in fact they often do not accomplish what the Bengals have in recent years.

Remember when the Eagles front office was so smart that they knew exactly how to build a team that would contend for the Lombardi every year?  Or Jacksonville?

At least the Bears have tried different approaches instead of keeping the same stale flavored head coach for 16 years. Your Eagles point is irrelevant they won the Super Bowl last year the Bengals haven’t won a playoff game in 30 years. So the Bengals are smarter then the Eagles ? And what have the Bengals accomplished the last few years besides missing the playoffs the last two seasons and having a historically bad defense this year ?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 05:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ah yes, the Chicago Bears.  They are so much smarter than the Bengals.  I guess that is why they have won a total of 19 games over the last 4 years.

Are you seriously content that we never win nothing? Youre on here today defending the bengals like your mike brown himself.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:14 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Are you seriously content that we never win nothing? Youre on here today defending the bengals like your mike brown himself.

No I am not content.  And if you think I talk like Mike Brown then you have missed about half of my posts around here where I point out that Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL.

I just think it is silly that so many people here think making the playoffs is simple and every team does it every year.  They act like all we need to do is make a couple of simple changes and we will be Super bowl contenders every year just like every other team in the league.

The Bengals are not as good as I want them to be, but they are not as bad as many of you here claim.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 06:34 PM)lone bengal Wrote: At least the Bears have tried different approaches instead of keeping the same stale flavored head coach for 16 years. 

And so have the Browns.

That is my point.  firing the coach every year and drafting a new QB every couple of years is not a sure fire recipe for success.  Everyone acts like they would be smiling and happy with 4-12 seasons as long as we were firing the coach every couple of years but that is 100% horseshit.  The squealers and crier would be squealing and crying just as loud, if not louder, than they are now.  

If you don't believe me then look at all the members here who claim "Regular season does not matter.  Only playoffs matter."  Those are the same guys who lose their mind over regular season losses.

Also look at the thread about watching the games on TV.  Most of the guys who said things like "I don't let it bother me.  I just consider the Bengals to be a joke so I don't get upset" are the same ones who come on here and don't just complain about Mike and Marvin, they actually make it personal.  They accuse Mike and Marvin of "not even trying" or "not caring about winning" or "laughing at the fans".  They don't just accuse them of being bad coaches/owners.  Instead they accuse them of being bad people.

It is insane to believe these people when they claim "I'd be happier going 4-12 with a new coach than making the playoffs with Marvin"
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And so have the Browns.

That is my point.  firing the coach every year and drafting a new QB every couple of years is not a sure fire recipe for success.  Everyone acts like they would be smiling and happy with 4-12 seasons as long as we were firing the coach every couple of years but that is 100% horseshit.  The squealers and crier would be squealing and crying just as loud, if not louder, than they are now.  

If you don't believe me then look at all the members here who claim "Regular season does not matter.  Only playoffs matter."  Those are the same guys who lose their mind over regular season losses.

Also look at the thread about watching the games on TV.  Most of the guys who said things like "I don't let it bother me.  I just consider the Bengals to be a joke so I don't get upset" are the same ones who come on here and don't just complain about Mike and Marvin, they actually make it personal.  They accuse Mike and Marvin of "not even trying" or "not caring about winning" or "laughing at the fans".  They don't just accuse them of being bad coaches/owners.  Instead they accuse them of being bad people.

It is insane to believe these people when they claim "I'd be happier going 4-12 with a new coach than making the playoffs with Marvin"
How about, we fire a coach every 16 years?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 07:43 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How about, we fire a coach every 16 years?

Seems reasonable. Unless said coach is Bill Belichick.

Reply/Quote
fredtoast Wrote:And so have the Browns.

I'm not a fire a coach after one season guy i think it actually takes a couple seasons for a coach to install his system and get the right players. For example Arizona is terrible this year but they have a rookie head coach with a rookie QB , you obviously wound't fire him after this year. The only way you fire him is if the team dosen't show improvement or grow in the the next few years. I'm not asking for a new coach every year but Marvin has had 16 years to get the job done. 
Reply/Quote

Remember when the Eagles front office was so smart that they knew exactly how to build a team that would contend for the Lombardi every year? 
Or Jacksonville?

Here's the thing.  They may have handicapped their future success for a year or two, BUT they actually won that Lombardi Trophy.  Frankly, I'm jealous as hell about it.  The Eagles fans got to scratch their team's name off of the list of teams that had never won a Super Bowl.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote