Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This defense is the real deal
Defense played well.

The Steelers oline may be one of the worst in the NFL. And Trubisky sucks as a qb.

I would have liked to see more sacks. And Hubbard jumped offside and missed Trubisky and gave them a free play on game winning drive.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:38 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: Did Marv ever cost us a game because the punted the ball 15 seconds too early... at a time in the game when we were basically waving the white flag and saying we're playing for the tie?

Honestly, I cannot state just how bad that call is. I assume it's on ZT, but jesus if the team can't get that right then they've no hope.

On topic... I think that Steelers offence is pretty poor when you look at other AFC teams, so I'd have been pretty disappointed (even more than I am!) if they'd have let Trubisky have a day. But they did great in keeping the run contained, and they did largely look like the playoff defence.

Easy to keep the run contained if the running plays don't run outside the tackles. 
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I wouldnt say they are the real deal. They played well but very few pressures and zero sacks against a very bad O line, Im gonna need to see more evidence before I crown them
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:58 PM)Browns Town Bengal Wrote: I wouldnt say they are the real deal.  They played well but very few pressures and zero sacks against a very bad O line, Im gonna need to see more evidence before I crown them

Yep. And they let the Steelers drive for winning fg.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:00 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yep. And they let the Steelers drive for winning fg.

A blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: People blaming Zac after the QB is fresh horseshit the entire game, lol. Four picks, one a pick six, a lost fumble, and at least two other piss poor throws that should've been picks.....and people are blaming ZT. Ell oh effing ell.

Zac did not play the o line together in any preseason game and it showed.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:33 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Zac wasn't the only problem or the main reason we lost this game, but he still made several mistakes in this game that contributed to the lost. If they run those 15 seconds off the clock before punting in OT, we're likely walking away with a tie rather than a loss.

Isn’t that on Simmons too?
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
The D is good except for forcing turnovers. That is what makes a defense great and great they are not.
Reply/Quote
Zac is like 1-26 when trailing going into the 4th quarter. At a certain point, that's not bad luck.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:25 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Isn’t that on Simmons too?

No, it can only be on Taylor....lol. A lot of these schmucks are the same people that blamed Dalton for every loss, but are tripping over themselves to absolve Joe Burrow of being the guy that lost the game today....lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:06 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: Zac did not play the o line together in any preseason game and it showed.

Looks like he should have had Burrow play every snap then.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
Defense did their job. Needed a timely turnover or sack, but other than that for no preseason the starters played well enough to win....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:57 PM)Wyche Wrote: No, it can only be on Taylor....lol. A lot of these schmucks are the same people that blamed Dalton for every loss, but are tripping over themselves to absolve Joe Burrow of being the guy that lost the game today....lol. 

There were Zac issues. Not going on 3rd and 8. Not challenging the Chase play. Some others too.

Idk. It was a pretty thorough loss. A bunch went wrong.

On the blocked xp, Sample or someone let Minkah run free.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:58 PM)Wyche Wrote: Looks like he should have had Burrow play every snap then.  Mellow

At bare minimum all the offensive starters should have played at least a full half in Preseason Game 3. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:31 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Yep, bout the only thing I'mma put a little on Zac is Volson. Jeez, if Carman is worse than that, he REALLY sucks.

Maybe some preseason snaps for the starters? McVey doesn't walk on water. He's a good coach, but not every idea he has is great. The Rams also got donkey punched, and Stafford was awful as well... Just a thought.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 11:57 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: No, it can only be on Taylor....lol. A lot of these schmucks are the same people that blamed Dalton for every loss, but are tripping over themselves to absolve Joe Burrow of being the guy that lost the game today....lol. 

I was on another blog and it appears it was Simmons call.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There were Zac issues. Not going on 3rd and 8. Not challenging the Chase play. Some others too.

Idk. It was a pretty thorough loss. A bunch went wrong.

On the blocked xp, Sample or someone let Minkah run free.

You talking the 3rd and 8 we kicked on? I put that squarely on Huber. We kick in that situation so we can get another crack if the snap goes awry. The snap did go bad, and Huber placed the ball anyway with the laces in. He should've just ate it there and lined up again. I mean, how long has he been in this league?

Definitely looks like we should have challenged that Chase TD. I also think he should've played the starting oline a bit in preseason game three. I agree that he had some issues, as did a few others. My point is, there are like two or three threads about what everyone else did wrong, and people are downright pinning the loss on them, but there's not one thread about the elephant in the room, and people are saying this loss aint on him. Crazy talk!

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 08:59 AM)jason Wrote: Maybe some preseason snaps for the starters? McVey doesn't walk on water. He's a good coach, but not every idea he has is great. The Rams also got donkey punched, and Stafford was awful as well... Just a thought.

Fair take. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 12:08 AM)Joelist Wrote: At bare minimum all the offensive starters should have played at least a full half in Preseason Game 3. 

At least the oline for sure. WRs and Hurst looked pretty good I thought.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:09 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I was on another blog and it appears it was Simmons call.

As it should be, he's the ST coordinator. A lot of people don't understand the workings of the hierarchy of a coaching staff and how things operate on game days. You can tell a lot of them have never been on the field playing the sport.

Reply/Quote