Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This defense is the real deal
(09-11-2022, 06:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Punt to the Stoolers with 17 seconds on the play clock with the game clock running in OT...

ZT has the same game management as marvin lewis...

17 seconds and take the 5 yard penalty.  How hard is that to figure out.  99% chance of a tie -- at least it would have been something.  Unbelievably stupid coaching decision.

I know we went to the SB, but ZT needs to be replaced.  There I said it.  I've thought this for three years.  I'm not convinced he's 'the guy'.  We have the talent, but the coaching is awful.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:15 AM)Wyche Wrote: As it should be, he's the ST coordinator. A lot of people don't understand the workings of the hierarchy of a coaching staff and how things operate on game days. You can tell a lot of them have never been on the field playing the sport.

Yes. Honestly, the HC gets a lot of the blame, but having good coordinators is huge. Now here, Zac calls the plays so the offense is a lot more on him. But, also...it sounds like Burrow may be changing a lot of plays at the line based on the defense.

Baseball is the funniest sport. I'm a Dodgers fan and they are winning almost 70% of their games. But, they put in a pitcher and he gives up a HR and fans want the manager fired. Like the manager knew that would happen! Or had any control over it.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:19 PM)Rattler Wrote: Punt to the Stoolers with 17 seconds on the play clock with the game clock running in OT...

ZT has the same game management as marvin lewis...

Nah ZT isnt close to being able to manage a game yet...
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:37 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nah ZT isnt close to being able to manage a game yet...

But, he installed a clock at the practice field!  Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:34 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes. Honestly, the HC gets a lot of the blame, but having good coordinators is huge. Now here, Zac calls the plays so the offense is a lot more on him. But, also...it sounds like Burrow may be changing a lot of plays at the line based on the defense.

Baseball is the funniest sport. I'm a Dodgers fan and they are winning almost 70% of their games. But, they put in a pitcher and he gives up a HR and fans want the manager fired. Like the manager knew that would happen! Or had any control over it.

Truth. I'm certainly not saying Zac is infallible, far from it. He's a young coach up and coming. But it absolutely boggles the mind to watch people trip all over themselves to blame anyone but QB9. You know as well as I do, if that was Palmer or Dalton, there'd be multiple threads about them costing us the game and how we should be getting rid of them. It's downright fascinating to watch, honestly. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: Truth. I'm certainly not saying Zac is infallible, far from it. He's a young coach up and coming. But it absolutely boggles the mind to watch people trip all over themselves to blame anyone but QB9. You know as well as I do, if that was Palmer or Dalton, there'd be multiple threads about them costing us the game and how we should be getting rid of them. It's downright fascinating to watch, honestly. 

Burrow is still in the honeymoon phase. Zac took his honeymoon phase and went 2-14.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:11 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Burrow is still in the honeymoon phase. Zac took his honeymoon phase and went 2-14.

Lmao, fair point!!!!!! LOL

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:09 AM)Wyche Wrote: if that was Palmer or Dalton, there'd be multiple threads about them costing us the game and how we should be getting rid of them. It's downright fascinating to watch, honestly. 

Right, and if this had happened with Marvin as HC NO ONE would blame his "clock management". Hilarious

If nothing else Zac should be criticized for not using his magic "winning mentality" that won all those games for us last year.  I wnder why he didn't break it out today?
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:24 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, and if this had happened with Marvin as HC NO ONE would blame his "clock management". Hilarious

If nothing else Zac should be criticized for not using his magic "winning mentality" that won all those games for us last year.  I wnder why he didn't break it out today?

I don't see clock management as a problem. I wouldn't have blamed Marvin yesterday either. Did Marvin get blamed for Andy's 2.0 game? No. Did Marvin get blamed when Palmer threw pick sixes? No. Yet somehow, here in 2022, it's somehow the HCs fault when a guy throws a pick six and has five turnovers. You can't make this shit up. Mellow

I will say it seems like Zac and McVay made the wrong call about the preseason. Both offenses were flat. I could put some of yesterday on that aspect of things. But no sane person without an agenda is looking anywhere besides -5 in the turnover battle. It's been over twenty years since a team won a game with that stat. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't see clock management as a problem. I wouldn't have blamed Marvin yesterday either. Did Marvin get blamed for Andy's 2.0 game? No. Did Marvin get blamed when Palmer threw pick sixes? No. Yet somehow, here in 2022, it's somehow the HCs fault when a guy throws a pick six and has five turnovers. You can't make this shit up. Mellow

Here is the big point you are missing.  Pretty much everyone who complains about Zac's poor decision also criticizes Burrow's bad game.

What you can't "make up" is people ignoring Zac's horrible decision that led to our loss.

If Burrows poor play in regulation was the only reason we lost then why was Zac on the sidelines during overtime? Based on your logic it was impossible for us to win at that point.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:33 AM)Wyche Wrote: I don't see clock management as a problem. I wouldn't have blamed Marvin yesterday either. Did Marvin get blamed for Andy's 2.0 game? No. Did Marvin get blamed when Palmer threw pick sixes? No. Yet somehow, here in 2022, it's somehow the HCs fault when a guy throws a pick six and has five turnovers. You can't make this shit up. Mellow

I will say it seems like Zac and McVay made the wrong call about the preseason. Both offenses were flat. I could put some of yesterday on that aspect of things. But no sane person without an agenda is looking anywhere besides -5 in the turnover battle. It's been over twenty years since a team won a game with that stat. 

Putting blame on Taylor doesn't mean people aren't also putting blame on Burrow (I'm sure some people aren't but they're the minority)

They both performed awfully and both were a big part of the loss. 

The only thing that didn't cost us a loss was the defense. Which has been the trend for 5 games now and concerning. The defense continues to play great but like Fred said, we had very poor pass rush against an Oline as bad as ours. 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:40 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is the big point you are missing.  Pretty much everyone who complains about Zac's poor decision also criticizes Burrow's bad game.

What you can't "make up" is people ignoring Zac's horrible decision that led to our loss.

If Burrows poor play in regulation was the only reason we lost then why was Zac on the sidelines during overtime? Based on your logic it was impossible for us to win at that point.

You really need to catch up your reading some. There are several claiming exactly that. That's why I bombarded them over it.

One or two mistakes versus five. It's simple math. Yes, he could've handled OT better, yes, he should've challenged the TD after seeing the angle Nico posted. Yes, he should've played some starters in the preseason after watching that yesterday. Yes he wouldn't have had the opportunity to screw up if the QB played better. 

The biggest reason we lost yesterday is -5 in the turnover game. There's really no reason around that. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:47 AM)Wyche Wrote: You really need to catch up your reading some. There are several claiming exactly that. That's why I bombarded them over it.

One or two mistakes versus five. It's simple math. Yes, he could've handled OT better, yes, he should've challenged the TD after seeing the angle Nico posted. Yes, he should've played some starters in the preseason after watching that yesterday. Yes he wouldn't have had the opportunity to screw up if the QB played better. 

The biggest reason we lost yesterday is -5 in the turnover game. There's really no reason around that. 

Need an Offensive Coordinator....   But yeah Burrow cant be doing that shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:44 AM)TheFan Wrote: Putting blame on Taylor doesn't mean people aren't also putting blame on Burrow (I'm sure some people aren't but they're the minority)

They both performed awfully and both were a big part of the loss. 

The only thing that didn't cost us a loss was the defense. Which has been the trend for 5 games now and concerning. The defense continues to play great but like Fred said, we had very poor pass rush against an Oline as bad as ours. 

Agree with all of this. Those people that are the minority you're discussing? Those are the people I am talking to. A lot of them were the same ones always blaming the QB in seasons past. It's quite fascinating to watch. 

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:49 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Need an Offensive Coordinator....   But yeah Burrow cant be doing that shit.

Maybe Callahan should get more responsibility.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 09:15 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: As it should be, he's the ST coordinator. A lot of people don't understand the workings of the hierarchy of a coaching staff and how things operate on game days. You can tell a lot of them have never been on the field playing the sport.

Certainly there’s blame to go all around but Zac bears no more than a few players and other coaches
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 10:47 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You really need to catch up your reading some. There are several claiming exactly that. That's why I bombarded them over it.

Excellent post
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-12-2022, 11:05 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Certainly there’s blame to go all around but Zac bears no more than a few players and other coaches

Absolutely my point. He had a hand in it for sure.

Reply/Quote
On the last drive, Hubbard jumps offside and has a clear run at the QB and misses him. Trubisky throws one to Johnson for a decent gain on a free play.

Stuff like that hurt us.

Hubbard was also behind Trubisky on another play. Mitch holding the ball in one hand. Hubbard went for the strip and didn't get it.
Reply/Quote
I was disappointed in Our DEs being unable
To really generate a pass rush yesterday
To me the Steelers DEs were a huge difference
In the game. TJ Watt alone was responsible for
A indirect Hand in the Steelers 16 pts on offense.
Hubbard and Hendrickson were stout vs the runs
But you have to get a QB off his platform
I didn't see Ossai make any plays either
Reply/Quote