Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
This is a new team.
The components to the machine we have seen thusfar hasn't changed, but this is indeed an completely new and way improved model. Everything about this team right now I am in love with.

Watching the Bengals play always would make me nervous. I felt like even though the week before we done well, we could come out and scrub it up. During games i was always waiting for the momentum swing and us falling on our faces. Things have changed. During all the games this year, i just havent had that feeling. I expect us to go out there and put together a good performance and take home the win.

A lot of that has to do with our weapons and our defense but mostly its Dalton. He looks different in the pocket and his throws, for the most part, are on point.

I've always been one to be critical of Dalton but I also always wished he would put it together. I have also always said "he can never put this team on his back and carry it to a big win."

He has done that this season. All of our guys have stepped up so far. Im finally drinking the kool-aid without wondering if it will make me a little sick.

We have a confident team and for good reason, and I believe their confidence is starting to rub off on me and others like me.

Rock On Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
I'm seeing more fire and passion this season and it's great. Hope they keep it up.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Andy and aj seem to be playing with a fire I haven't seen in them before. All around the passion looks great, can't wait for Burfict to be back.
Reply/Quote
They are a very talented group of players that are meshing well. I am very happy that in recent years the Bengals are retaining great players.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm seeing more fire and passion this season and it's great. Hope they keep it up.

What I appreciated most was the sight of them not wilting under the Ravens comeback, having to (seemingly) battle bad calls, and the way they bounced back from Andy's devastating unforced error, without missing a beat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:08 PM)zygrot24 Wrote: Andy and aj seem to be playing with a fire I haven't seen in them before. All around the passion looks great, can't wait for Burfict to be back.

I wish they'd give Hill the ball 20 to 25 times a game (and not from the shotgun) because it would have destroyed the Ravens morale knowing that there's nothing they could do to stop him.

Especially late or even once we went up 14 because, while the fumbling issue would have been crippling, it seems like it's behind him and it would have been so demoralizing having him run down their throats with them powerless to stop him.
Reply/Quote
This team is more explosive, but yesterday's resiliency wasn't something new. They basically did the same thing against the Ravens last year.
Reply/Quote
They need help at LB.

Too often, it's almost as if they may as well be playing with no LBs on the field.

There's a huge gap in the defense especially on passing plays where teams can just dump the ball of to backs and TEs and let them run for days. Good teams will exploit that all day long.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:04 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: They need help at LB.

Too often, it's almost as if they may as well be playing with no LBs on the field.

There's a huge gap in the defense especially on passing plays where teams can just dump the ball of to backs and TEs and let them run for days. Good teams will exploit that all day long.

This teams defense is 100 times different with Burfict on the team. I hope he's back against the Steelers. If he is I see this team as elite on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:08 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: This teams defense is 100 times different with Burfict on the team. I hope he's back against the Steelers. If he is I see this team as elite on both sides of the ball.

That would be nice. Burfict back, Roethlisberger still down, and our nex two opponents with short weeks to prepare... Things are looking up!
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:04 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: They need help at LB.

Agree, the middle of the field is free-gratis with the current LB situation. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I am also loving the agression we've been showing by trying to put teams away early although it hasn't always panned out (like the Eifert td yesterday that would of put us up 21-7). It is truly refreshing to see and this could finally be our year
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:43 PM)Trademark Wrote: I am also loving the agression we've been showing by trying to put teams away early although it hasn't always panned out (like the Eifert td yesterday that would of put us up 21-7). It is truly refreshing to see and this could finally be our year

Would have been 21-0...  I'd rather have 17-0, and the ball back in the 2nd half.  I thought that was a horrible play call.  Had they lost yesterday, people would have been griping about  that  choice, and the subsequent incompletion all week.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wish they'd give Hill the ball 20 to 25 times a game (and not from the shotgun) because it would have destroyed the Ravens morale knowing that there's nothing they could do to stop him.

Especially late or even once we went up 14 because, while the fumbling issue would have been crippling, it seems like it's behind him and it would have been so demoralizing having him run down their throats with them powerless to stop him.

Ravens sold out to stop the run and waited for Andy to make mistakes. Ultimately meant their defeat, but we were not going to be able to run the ball effectively against them.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 09:54 PM)jason Wrote: Would have been 21-0...  I'd rather have 17-0, and the ball back in the 2nd half.  I thought that was a horrible play call.  Had they lost yesterday, people would have been griping about  that  choice, and the subsequent incompletion all week.

honestly i loved the aggressiveness of the play call and normally Eifert makes that play, being up 21-0 would have demoralized the ravens and it was obvious we were moving the ball at will, so it wasn't a huge risk, and on our next possession we drove right back down the field but unfortunately andy threw that pick( which I think hurt more). Huber only punted 3 times, to put that in perspective he punted 5 times in the oakland game and we dismantled that team.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 08:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I wish they'd give Hill the ball 20 to 25 times a game (and not from the shotgun) because it would have destroyed the Ravens morale knowing that there's nothing they could do to stop him.

He just had two fumbles last week against SD. What do you mean behind him? Plus, Gio has been running much better so far this year. I love Hill, but I'm all for riding the hot hand and holding either of them accountable for turnovers since they are both so good.
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They look to be a mature team on a mission. However, I think the next 3-weeks will tell us a lot about just how good they are. Are they lose a wildcard game good, or something more? They could very easily be 1-2 right now, very very easily. Yes, I know - they aren't. I'm just saying a little luck (or lack thereof), and we could be having a very different conversation here.

Get to the BYE at 5-1, you can probably make a case for them being one of the top 4 teams in the league - perhaps even 4-2 given the competition they have in that stretch. We'll know soon enough.
Reply/Quote
I was paticularly impressed the way they came back to beat baltimore. Not too long ago they would have folded like a lawn chair. But they didn't give up.

Kudos to Dalton for having some swag/pocket presence. He looks confident in there. Like many have said before, I would cringe when he released the ball in the past. Not now.

WHO DEY
Reply/Quote
I have my reservations. I'd loved to get all pumped up with the rest of you but I'm still pretty far from calling this team the "real deal". Let's see if the LBers continue to be less than average, if Dre can clean his game up, and if our running game can become dominant.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 02:54 PM)Bengal Jells Wrote: The components to the machine we have seen thusfar hasn't changed, but this is indeed an completely new and way improved model. Everything about this team right now I am in love with.

Watching the Bengals play always would make me nervous. I felt like even though the week before we done well, we could come out and scrub it up. During games i was always waiting for the momentum swing and us falling on our faces. Things have changed. During all the games this year, i just havent had that feeling. I expect us to go out there and put together a good performance and take home the win.

A lot of that has to do with our weapons and our defense but mostly its Dalton. He looks different in the pocket and his throws, for the most part, are on point.

I've always been one to be critical of Dalton but I also always wished he would put it together. I have also always said "he can never put this team on his back and carry it to a big win."

He has done that this season. All of our guys have stepped up so far. Im finally drinking the kool-aid without wondering if it will make me a little sick.

We have a confident team and for good reason, and I believe their confidence is starting to rub off on me and others like me.

Rock On Who Dey!

Nice post man, this makes me happy because i completely agree.

I have been waiting awhile to see that fire in Dalton's eyes, it was there last Sunday. Our best players willed
us to a big Divisional road win in our desperate rivals house. Not easy to do and i agree that i am not nervous
like i have been in years past. I believe this team can beat anybody when healthy and with Dalton finding the
fire i am much more confident about this than i have ever been.
Reply/Quote