Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the Playoffs
While the 49'ers and Ravens games aren't exactly playoff type games, the Steelers and Broncos games most deffinately are.

The Steelers will treat the game this Sunday as a Playoff game and the Bengals have to match or exceed their intensity and want if the Bengals want to win. The Bengals are going to have to go out there Sunday and totally annihilate the Steelers, no ifs, ands or buts about it. This game this Sunday means everything and it is a must win, especially against the Steelers. The same goes for the Broncos game as well. It is a must win for the Bengals and needs to be treated as such as do the games against the 49'ers and Ravens.

The past four playoff games, it looked as if the Bengals treated those games as just another game...that can't happen again and if it does, it will be another early exit and the fans of this team will be pissed off to no end.

We fans want perfection, we deserve a Super Bowl victory as well.

Get it done

WHO-DEY!!!
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Yes. it is definitely a playoff game. Pittsburgh needs it to survive, and since our goal is to win The Super Bowl, having home field advantage is the best way to get there. And that makes it a playoff game for us.

Finish the job, boys. Take no prisoners while you're at it.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
To be absolutely honest, anything less than Super Bowl Champions at this point will be quite a letdown for me. This is our door of opportunity to walk through NOW.
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:45 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: To be absolutely honest, anything less than Super Bowl Champions at this point will be quite a letdown for me.  This is our door of opportunity to walk through NOW.

Regardless of the final outcome this year, I'm going to be happy with what this year's team has given us. Only one stinker game so far, with the other 11 showing us just how good they can be. Clearly this is the "Dalton Era's" best shot at winning it all, and it would be disappointing to not see them do it. But this team will be this good for some time to come imho. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
It's not the playoffs. It's a way to an easier playoff run.

Our playoffs started in 2012 against the Steelers, but we saw how that turned out.
Our playoffs started in 2013 against the Ravens for the division, but we saw how that turned out.
Our playoffs started in 2014 against the Broncos for a playoff spot, but we saw how that turned out.

These are not playoff games. These are regular season games that are tough. There is a different feel to this team, but just because it's a critical game does not make it a playoff game. There's still plenty more football to go before the playoffs happen.
Reply/Quote
This weekend to me at least, will say all I need to know about this team. Facing a very potent offense on a division foe in our house. Will we lay down or smack them in the mouth? Penalties, turnovers, and mistakes like dropped passes will make this anyone's game. The team that executes and plays with the most discipline will win this game. Let's see if this is our year. Marvin, make us believers and wrap this division up.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:41 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yes. it is definitely a playoff game. Pittsburgh needs it to survive, and since our goal is to win The Super Bowl, having home field advantage is the best way to get there. And that makes it a playoff game for us.

Finish the job, boys. Take no prisoners while you're at it.

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!!!
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not the playoffs. It's a way to an easier playoff run.

Our playoffs started in 2012 against the Steelers, but we saw how that turned out.
Our playoffs started in 2013 against the Ravens for the division, but we saw how that turned out.
Our playoffs started in 2014 against the Broncos for a playoff spot, but we saw how that turned out.

These are not playoff games. These are regular season games that are tough. There is a different feel to this team, but just because it's a critical game does not make it a playoff game. There's still plenty more football to go before the playoffs happen.

4 very important games if we want the road to the Super Bowl to roll through The Jungle.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 02:49 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's not the playoffs. It's a way to an easier playoff run.

I think you are missing the point.  This will be a desperate, tough opponent in a situation that can help put an end to their season.  This is the Bengals biggest game of the season, and not just because it is the next one.  It is an opportunity to sweep their hated division rivals.  Do it convincingly, and your confidence heading in to the playoffs will soar.  So many talking heads have been saying "No one wants the steelers in the playoffs".  It is time to answer that with a big win. 
Reply/Quote
this would be a perfect opportunity to stop their playoff hopes. I think the Broncos defense can slow Ben down, these stooges need to catch a couple l's next two weeks. Then Ravens and Browns to end their season. Can Ravens pull off another win against steelers? I hope so, like to see them drop 3 out last 4.
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you are missing the point.  This will be a desperate, tough opponent in a situation that can help put an end to their season.  This is the Bengals biggest game of the season, and not just because it is the next one.  It is an opportunity to sweep their hated division rivals.  Do it convincingly, and your confidence heading in to the playoffs will soar.  So many talking heads have been saying "No one wants the steelers in the playoffs".  It is time to answer that with a big win. 

Agreed.  It may not be a playoff game, but it could - and should - be played like one.  And will be by the Steelers.  The Steelers are a playoff team with enough talent and mental toughness that they have put themselves in a wild card position despite devastating personnel losses and injuries.

The game against Seattle was impressive and they destroyed Indy - who are not what they have been but are still a better team than when they started the season.  It was a total beat down.

The Steelers have a very tough and talented team.   An elite offense and an underrated defense.

If we're going to play post season ball, now is the time to gear up.   The best way to do that is convincingly beat playoff caliber teams.
Reply/Quote
Every one thats not a Steelers or Patriots fan wants us to beat the Steelers.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:35 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: While the 49'ers and Ravens games aren't exactly playoff type games, the Steelers and Broncos games most deffinately are.

The Steelers will treat the game this Sunday as a Playoff game and the Bengals have to match or exceed their intensity and want if the Bengals want to win. The Bengals are going to have to go out there Sunday and totally annihilate the Steelers, no ifs, ands or buts about it. This game this Sunday means everything and it is a must win, especially against the Steelers. The same goes for the Broncos game as well. It is a must win for the Bengals and needs to be treated as such as do the games against the 49'ers and Ravens.

The past four playoff games, it looked as if the Bengals treated those games as just another game...that can't happen again and if it does, it will be another early exit and the fans of this team will be pissed off to no end.

We fans want perfection, we deserve a Super Bowl victory as well.

Get it done

WHO-DEY!!!

I agree with you you need to treat each game as crucial but a season is measured as a whole.. for example we go 3-1 and lose to either Pitts or Denver... to say that means a early exit for a 13-3 team does makes no sense
Reply/Quote
Very valid points listed here. I would call them dress rehearsal for the playoffs because this week and more importantly Broncos week will have a great factor in the post season. If we can stay healthy and get some guys healed up, I think this team has a great shot to win it this year!

WHO DEY!!! Tiger
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:45 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: To be absolutely honest, anything less than Super Bowl Champions at this point will be quite a letdown for me. This is our door of opportunity to walk through NOW.

Ehhh... that's a bit extreme. Let's consider our history. 0-6 in the playoffs since 1990. So you're telling me that if the Bengals get the number 1 seed, win the AFC Championship (which means that they won two games in the postseason), go to Santa Clara and play a hell of a game but fall just short to the Cardinals or the Panthers or whoever, you'll consider that a bad season?

To be honest, given the postseason history of this team, I would like to see them play in the AFC Championship. I don't care if they get there as 1, 2, or 3 seed. Anyway that you slice, it means that they had some amount of success in the playoffs. As guy who has been watching this team falter for 30 years, I'd be content with that. Of course I would be disappointed initially, but I would still see it as a successful season.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 04:55 PM)SCole025 Wrote: Ehhh... that's a bit extreme.  Let's consider our history.  0-6 in the playoffs since 1990.  So you're telling me that if the Bengals get the number 1 seed, win the AFC Championship (which means that they won two games in the postseason), go to Santa Clara and play a hell of a game but fall just short to the Cardinals or the Panthers or whoever, you'll consider that a bad season?

To be honest, given the postseason history of this team, I would like to see them play in the AFC Championship.  I don't care if they get there as 1, 2, or 3 seed.  Anyway that you slice, it means that they had some amount of success in the playoffs.  As  guy who has been watching this team falter for 30 years, I'd be content with that.  Of course I would be disappointed initially, but I would still see it as a successful season.

This^^^^ I think for a week or so I would be bummed out lose in AFCCG or Super Bowl, but after cooler heads prevail I would consider it a great success for this organization. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 09:56 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I think you are missing the point.  This will be a desperate, tough opponent in a situation that can help put an end to their season.  This is the Bengals biggest game of the season, and not just because it is the next one.  It is an opportunity to sweep their hated division rivals.  Do it convincingly, and your confidence heading in to the playoffs will soar.  So many talking heads have been saying "No one wants the steelers in the playoffs".  It is time to answer that with a big win. 

But that's exactly how it was in 2012. Had a chance to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs in their own home. And they did just that. But went on to lose in the playoffs.

It's still the regular season and an important game. Is it more important than most other wins? Yes. But it's not a make-or-break game for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
I ain't gonna lie ... Beating the Steelers and effectively eradicating their chances at the post season will feel almost as good as getting to the playoffs, yes, even if we lose lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 08:01 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: But that's exactly how it was in 2012. Had a chance to knock the Steelers out of the playoffs in their own home. And they did just that. But went on to lose in the playoffs.

It's still the regular season and an important game. Is it more important than most other wins? Yes. But it's not a make-or-break game for the Bengals.

The past is the past.  I understand your argument, but this team is going to be more confident and more battle tested if they view the game Sunday as a playoff game.  I have no doubts they will. 

Even if Eifert and Jones sit, I am confident that this team will come out and lay the wood Sunday.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2015, 01:45 AM)West Union KennyG Wrote: To be absolutely honest, anything less than Super Bowl Champions at this point will be quite a letdown for me.  This is our door of opportunity to walk through NOW.

Agree. I think I read a thread where someone said the team already exceeded his expectations. As far as I'm concerned the rest of the season in must win, in order to maintain home field and a bye.
Reply/Quote