Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
[Image: spongebob-panic.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Like you ignoring the fact that Au165 brought up about it was a week into FA before we signed Vonn Bell the last time around?

FA doesn't officially start until tomorrow for heck sake. These are all deals in principal.

What are the chances of any of those "in principle" deals fall through? How often does that actually happen? 

If they weren't willing to match Carolina for Bell, then what Safeties are going to want to come in for what we're willing to offer?
Reply/Quote
Option 583383…..hope Tycen Anderson doesn’t suck?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 12:24 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I’d hate to be your wife after gaining a pound.

Your mother and I have gotten by just fine.
Reply/Quote
THE WORST.

Bar none.

EDIT* And I'm not talking about FA, either.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:45 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: What are the chances of any of those "in principle" deals fall through? How often does that actually happen? 

If they weren't willing to match Carolina for Bell, then what Safeties are going to want to come in for what we're willing to offer?

All these guys still have to pass physicals. Remember Ogunjobi's monster deal he had last year with the Bears falling through?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:51 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Your mother and I have gotten by just fine.

You humor is about as mature as your passion 
Reply/Quote
Well... I guess just give up on next season guys.

I say we trade burrow for picks and start the rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: All these guys still have to pass physicals. Remember Ogunjobi's monster deal he had last year with the Bears falling through?

That's one deal out of hundreds of "in principle" deals we've seen over the last few seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:59 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: That's one deal out of hundreds of "in principle" deals we've seen over the last few seasons. 

There were many more last year that fell through, I just named one of them. It happens.

It is also really early and we might still end up with a much better team than you think by the time both FA and the Draft end.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: THE WORST.

Bar none.

Also the wurst.  This is now the wurst free agency thread of the not even really free agency until tomorrow thread of this season.

[Image: QAU0Lcv.jpg]

Sorry I'm bored and slow day.  Tongue

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: There were many more last year that fell through, I just named one of them. It happens.

It is also really early and we might still end up with a much better team than you think by the time both FA and the Draft end.

I've already outlined what would need to happen for the team to not regress. The offense can't have it's buttcheek episodes because we won't have the defense to pick up the slack., which means the line MUST improve. 

Bengals aren't spending big $ on McGary and appear fine with Jonah next year. That leaves the draft, and we're horrible at evaluating O line talent in the draft.

It's not even in the draft picks we have used. It's the one we refused to use too. Creed Humphrey and Orlando Brown come to mind.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:04 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It's not even in the draft picks we have used. It's the one we refused to use too. Creed Humphrey and Orlando Brown come to mind.

Hindsight tells me which lottery numbers to pick too but I still never seem to get them right when it counts.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The way Lou was talking makes it seem like the Bengals don't even have a plan.

Im going from optomistic to like...what the **** is going on?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 04:45 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: What are the chances of any of those "in principle" deals fall through? How often does that actually happen? 

They matched Carolina offer for the most part.... all but the guarantee. That's why this notion that players can decide to stay if they loved the place seems legit, but the Agent runs the show. They offered Bates 17M a year average but not the payout of 23m in the first year, or the guarantees.

Bates swore up and down he wanted to remain a Bengal. "It's the team that drafted me. I became a man here. Unfinished business etc"... Yet you see he left.

Same with Bell. We all know the Bengals don't do guarantees but make up for it by keeping players long after they should (Boyd for the most recent example, although Mixon is legitimately in jeopardy of breaking that little philosophy of theirs). Bell would have gotten his full contract, even if it wasn't officially "guaranteed". 

Both left.

The players can tell their agent to take a lesser deal is a fallacy just like the notion that players will take less to win a Championship. ATL nor Panthers are winning a Championship any time soon. We hear it all the time and the ideal seems legit, but it isn't. Agents have to worry about not only making their money, but attracting future clients. They need the big deals.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:04 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I've already outlined what would need to happen for the team to not regress. The offense can't have it's buttcheek episodes because we won't have the defense to pick up the slack., which means the line MUST improve. 

Bengals aren't spending big $ on McGary and appear fine with Jonah next year. That leaves the draft, and we're horrible at evaluating O line talent in the draft.

It's not even in the draft picks we have used. It's the one we refused to use too. Creed Humphrey and Orlando Brown come to mind.

Dax Hill could be a stud for us at Safety and we could add a vet like Gardner-Johnson, Poyer, Rapp, Love, Thornhill etc.

We don't know if this Defense will be better or worse. We will have to see on that one if they can continue to pick up the slack.

McGary isn't even a really good pass protector. I would rather have Eluemunor who is still out there and is a possibility at RT.

We draft Darnell Wright for RT who can play both Tackle spots and bring in Eluemunor and one of those vet Safeties... SWEET. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Hearing about deals during the tampering period I think actually makes things worse for most fanbases.
If we didn't hear about deals until the league officially started tomorrow at 4 pm, we'd see a bunch of signings all at once.
Now, we see Day 1 go by and it's a net loss, so it's stressful/frustrating.
Day 2 is now a good amount of the way through and still no news of more signings.
So now they got fans thinking - How many more vets will come off the board without the Bengals making a move?

Bottom line - Fans get impatient because they get amped for this time of the offseason and want to see (the big) changes immediately.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
[Image: homer-simpson-end.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Bottom line - Fans get impatient because they get amped for this time of the offseason and want to see (the big) changes immediately.

It's time to set up shop at CVG and Kenwood Mall! 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:09 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The way Lou was talking makes it seem like the Bengals don't even have a plan.

Im going from optomistic to like...what the **** is going on?

Not how I took that at all. It sounded more like they have a group of guys they are still confident can do well and now they just need to sort through the details (negotiations).
Reply/Quote