Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 2.25 Average
This is the Worst Free Agency I've Ever Seen since Burrow was Drafted.
(03-14-2023, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would hand out  ton of chill pills if I had them.

The reality is the Bengals are letting FA come to them. There are still a ton of free agents out there looking for a job. The best OT is still available (not that I think we will make a play for Orlando Brown), good TE's, CB's, safeties, DL, OL and we also need a back up QB possibly.

I say we relax, trust the off season process and watch the Bengals FO let it play out. There are teams that will need to cut good players to get under the cap. Those cut players don't count against the free agents signed by other teams that will help us get an extra pick or 2 in 2024.

I believe the FO has a plan, I believe they anticipated the B&B losses at safety. We knew Perrine was going to get paid. But, was he a success due to our offense, he sure was not great prior to arrival.

It is like watching us go down 10 points in the first half, with Burrow and our offense, we seem to always get back into or win the game.

Yep. We wait until like the end of the 1st week when most of the money is spent...and roll in with our cap space and sign some value guys.
Reply/Quote
McKinnon is 30. I don’t know if that’s young enough for Cincy.

And I am almost sure he’s more expensive than Perine.

We’ve now lost Bell, Bates and Perine; resigned Pratt and Thomas.

Again, early, but doesn’t seem like we have a lot going on right now.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Man some of you on here don’t realize that the “good old days” are happening right now.
This is by far the most successful 2 year run in Bengals history and they have not lost any players that will cause them to be a non-contender.

Someday we will look back on this time as the golden years of Bengals football…
Reply/Quote
It's day one and not going to jump off any bridges as of yet.

Hate losing Bell and Perine but sometimes it's impossible to make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

Not the eggs I wanted broken but still going to wait and see the Bengals reaction before passing judgement.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 01:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably correct.

Yep Pistons, you are correct lol

Probably.  Mellow

For sure, don't want that around here. If anything, this all could make us press a bit. I don't want to see us act desperate like the OP is...

We will see in about a week where we stand. There are tons of quality players still out there to fill our needs and we have a stud Safety 
in the wings in Daxton Hill, I know he didn't play the best last year as a rookie but he needs snaps to grow in the NFL. I seriously think he
can be better than Jessie Bates who I wanted us to draft before we drafted him.

We traded up for Tycen Anderson who is extremely fast for a dude 6'4" with great range. So we have range with both Dax and Tycen and
can add a vet to mentor and be a rock for us. Smarts is what we lost and that is my only concern. Bell namely is really smart.

Yes....and the smarts part is what sucks the most about losing Bell, 
(03-14-2023, 01:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Jordan Poyer is 31. Might be a nice 1-2 year stopgap if he'd come here.

and yes.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:09 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I would hand out ton of chill pills if I had them.

The reality is the Bengals are letting FA come to them. There are still a ton of free agents out there looking for a job. The best OT is still available (not that I think we will make a play for Orlando Brown), good TE's, CB's, safeties, DL, OL and we also need a back up QB possibly.

I say we relax, trust the off season process and watch the Bengals FO let it play out. There are teams that will need to cut good players to get under the cap. Those cut players don't count against the free agents signed by other teams that will help us get an extra pick or 2 in 2024.

I believe the FO has a plan, I believe they anticipated the B&B losses at safety. We knew Perrine was going to get paid. But, was he a success due to our offense, he sure was not great prior to arrival.

It is like watching us go down 10 points in the first half, with Burrow and our offense, we seem to always get back into or win the game.

The FO has to realize that trust in them has to be earned or they won’t sniff keeping Burrow et al. If they fail to keep this team competitive they are screwed.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 09:38 PM)WhoDeyK Wrote: Thanks! Yeah I just double checked and McKinnon still appears to be available. I agree that he would be a great fit and PFF projects his contract to be cheaper than what Perine just got. So to me it would be a win win.

I'd be all for a Miles Sanders / Jamaal Williams combo Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:08 PM)BengalBob Wrote: The panic on here is laughable.

We lost exactly one player we didn't expect(Bell)

We resigned a good young linebacker we thought was gone.  

It's day two of free agency but now our window is closed even though we have Burrow, Chase, Tee, and all the rest with virtually our entire coaching staff back, 35 million or more in cap space.

REBUILD

Burn it all down! Trade Joe Burrow for eight Safeties!

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 08:57 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Stuff like this is why when people talk about the Bengals being a football non-factor for the first 28 years of Mike Brown's tenure applying to our current franchise, they ain't just dishing out the Haterade.  Though in all fairness, I think Al Davis' dingleberry son is the poorest owner.  

*Dan Snyder has entered the chat*

Reply/Quote
The panic is laughable. I don't necessarily think the disappointment is. That's where I fall. Now of course that could get better by the end of free agency. We are in no way not a playoff caliber team, but I do feel right this second we are very possibly a worse team.

The one hope is that a lot of our young players we are not counting on make the improvements many young players do and it could make up for the losses thusfar. We have a lot of young guys at S and RB that are talented and if given the chance could lessen the losses or potentially be even better. With that all said I really hope we don't lose anyone else unless we are planning to replace them.

And generally the veterans that come in on a playoff team usually come later in the FA period don't they? Only thing that sucks is a lot of them are gunning for Kansas City instead of us.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:28 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: The FO has to realize that trust in them has to be earned or they won’t sniff keeping Burrow et al. If they fail to keep this team competitive they are screwed.

This is uncharted waters for them. They're used to having average rosters and trying to just make playoffs. Now, they're fighting to be a top 4 team.

That requires a different mindset than they had for 30 years+.
Reply/Quote
And, it just got worse for us!!

See ya Bell, Bates, and Perine.  
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The panic is laughable. I don't necessarily think the disappointment is. That's where I fall. Now of course that could get better by the end of free agency. We are in no way not a playoff caliber team, but I do feel right this second we are very possibly a worse team.

The one hope is that a lot of our young players we are not counting on make the improvements many young players do and it could make up for the losses thusfar. We have a lot of young guys at S and RB that are talented and if given the chance could lessen the losses or potentially be even better. With that all said I really hope we don't lose anyone else unless we are planning to replace them.

And generally the veterans that come in on a playoff team usually come later in the FA period don't they? Only thing that sucks is a lot of them are gunning for Kansas City instead of us.

2 AFCCG in a row with 1 SB appearance  might have changed that a little.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 11:57 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: The panic is laughable. I don't necessarily think the disappointment is. That's where I fall. Now of course that could get better by the end of free agency. We are in no way not a playoff caliber team, but I do feel right this second we are very possibly a worse team.

If people are disappointed we didn't go out and sign a bunch of high dollar day one players, they are not living in reality. No one should have been expecting a Free Agency like we had last year or the year before, you simply can't do that year after year when you have to pay Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins, then Chase. Those disappointed fans get a big fat "Duh" from me.
Reply/Quote
[Image: 8bf324b9-8074-4817-8db8-30b0a0c5fb30_text.gif]

FA officially begins today!
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 05:09 PM)jj22 Wrote: They matched Carolina offer for the most part.... all but the guarantee. That's why this notion that players can decide to stay if they loved the place seems legit, but the Agent runs the show. They offered Bates 17M a year average but not the payout of 23m in the first year, or the guarantees.

Bates swore up and down he wanted to remain a Bengal. "It's the team that drafted me. I became a man here. Unfinished business etc"... Yet you see he left.

Same with Bell. We all know the Bengals don't do guarantees but make up for it by keeping players long after they should (Boyd for the most recent example, although Mixon is legitimately in jeopardy of breaking that little philosophy of theirs). Bell would have gotten his full contract, even if it wasn't officially "guaranteed". 

Both left.

The players can tell their agent to take a lesser deal is a fallacy just like the notion that players will take less to win a Championship. ATL nor Panthers are winning a Championship any time soon. We hear it all the time and the ideal seems legit, but it isn't. Agents have to worry about not only making their money, but attracting future clients. They need the big deals.

I have had this same exact thought in the past. But if it's costing us players than its just extra stupid on the Bengals front. They are gonna get that money any which way you shake it in all likelihood. So if a player wants the security than just give it to them. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:00 AM)Sled21 Wrote: If people are disappointed we didn't go out and sign a bunch of high dollar day one players, they are not living in reality. No one should have been expecting a Free Agency like we had last year or the year before, you simply can't do that year after year when you have to pay Joe Burrow and Tee Higgins, then Chase. Those disappointed fans get a big fat "Duh" from me.

If you want to know why people are disappointed. Look no further than the Chiefs. They are continuously making moves to get better. The Bengals are just not creative or willing to push the cap to maximize the our chances for a championship. 

Again I like Tee. But if your asking me if it's put money towards defense and oline or Tee than I have to go defense and Oline. 
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:13 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: If you want to know why people are disappointed. Look no further than the Chiefs. They are continuously making moves to get better. The Bengals are just not creative or willing to push the cap to maximize the our chances for a championship. 

Again I like Tee. But if your asking me if it's put money towards defense and oline or Tee than I have to go defense and Oline. 

KC just lost their RT to FA and swapped Taylor for Orlando Brown in essence. So help me out? Ju Ju is gone.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2023, 07:58 PM)Synric Wrote: Yea, Tee and Chase chartered a yacht without him.

Sad days indeed...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2023, 09:24 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: KC just lost their RT to FA and swapped Taylor for Orlando Brown in essence. So help me out? Ju Ju is gone.

That was a crazy deal for Jawaan Taylor especially a career RT (even going back to college he only has a couple starts are LT) moving to LT. The difference between Jawaan Taylor and Trey Pipkins last season was very minimal... Pipkins might have been better.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote