Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is the best coaching staff in the NFL
ZT, Lou, Callahan, etc.

They are all damn fine coaches. Watching the Bengals offense today vs. the Bills was just a mster class.

This offense has grown so much in two years. What they are doing is sustainable. I looked across the field and saw what the Bills were running and it was like going back in time to what we were doing last year and the start of this season.

Huge props to all the coaches. I seriously think this staff is arguably the best in the entire NFL.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Perfect time to have their most complete game. Kudos. Do it again.
Reply/Quote
Whaaaaaaa?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:25 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: ZT, Lou, Callahan, etc.

They are all damn fine coaches. Watching the Bengals offense today vs. the Bills was just a mster class.

This offense has grown so much in two years. What they are doing is sustainable. I looked across the field and saw what the Bills were running and it was like going back in time to what we were doing last year and the start of this season.

Huge props to all the coaches. I seriously think this staff is arguably the best in the entire NFL.

Does the coaching staff count against salary cap??? lol
Tell Lou we will pay him like a head coach!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:26 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Whaaaaaaa?

Who's better? Who's got a more complete, better coaching staff? 
Reply/Quote
They are getting it done again this year!
Reply/Quote
How Lou Anarumo was never a DC before 2019, I'll never understand. The boys on the offensive side were supposed to be offensive geniuses....and they appear to be....but even us fans were like WTF when we "settled" for Sweet Lou. Dude's a magician.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:37 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Who's better? Who's got a more complete, better coaching staff? 

Hey, I've been saying that (and taking shit for it) every since they got here. Glad to see everyone else is starting to see it.  Wink
Reply/Quote
That’s hard to judge. No way Zac Taylor is the best coach but he’s probably one of the best 2 under 40. All those pundits on his first 2 seasons don’t get it. Yes he got a late start and was horribly inexperienced. He was horribly taxed getting a good staff so late. The next year he had a solid draft. they were gaining momentum but injuries were devastating. He’s put this staff together. Lou he’d always targeted but because of his inexperience was encouraged to get an experienced DC. They finally let him hire Lou. But he’s hired the offensive coaches. Turner was a disaster but it was his FIL’s cousin. But he hired the WR coach the RB coach and TE coach. But this team’s confidence, calmness, and fortitude is him and Joe. He directed Duke and his guys to go get team leaders, captains, hard working guys, and high character guys.

Taylor has grown on the job. And we are going to lose some good players but a ton are going to want to come here.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, I've been saying that (and taking shit for it) every since they got here. Glad to see everyone else is starting to see it.  Wink

ZT is an enigma.  He's apparently very good, but also managed to get us Burrow and Chase AND he even managed to get an awesome DC in Lou after trying his damndest to hire someone else.

I think ZT is the luckiest coach on earth, but he's making the most of that luck so that's all he can do.  I still maintain that Burrow is such a franchise changing player than it is impossible to judge the actual merit of our offensive coaches as long as he's the starting QB.

(01-22-2023, 09:55 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: That’s hard to judge. No way Zac Taylor is the best coach but he’s probably one of the best 2 under 40. All those pundits on his first 2 seasons don’t get it. Yes he got a late start and was horribly inexperienced. He was horribly taxed getting a good staff so late. The next year he had a solid draft.  they were gaining momentum but injuries were devastating. He’s put this staff together. Lou he’d always targeted but because of his inexperience was encouraged to get an experienced DC. They finally let him hire Lou. But he’s hired the offensive coaches. Turner was a disaster but it was his FIL’s cousin. But he hired the WR coach the RB coach and TE coach. But this team’s confidence, calmness, and fortitude is him and Joe. He directed Duke and his guys to go get team leaders, captains, hard working guys, and high character guys.

Taylor has grown on the job. And we are going to lose some good players but a ton are going to want to come here.

ZT stunk like a fox in his first year.  If we keep Marvin 1 year longer we go 4-12 and end up with someone other than Burrow and we're screwed.  This is probably the nicest thing I can say about ZT.  I'm willing to admit he is awesome as long as the Brown family at no point gets lax on this roster thinking he can make up the difference.  Fair?  We needed a HC who was completely in over his  head and took his lumps while stinking it up to the only 1st overall pick that has mattered since Peyton Manning.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is an enigma.  He's apparently very good, but also managed to get us Burrow and Chase AND he even managed to get an awesome DC in Lou after trying his damndest to hire someone else.

I think ZT is the luckiest coach on earth, but he's making the most of that luck so that's all he can do.  I still maintain that Burrow is such a franchise changing player than it is impossible to judge the actual merit of our offensive coaches as long as he's the starting QB.

ZT stunk like a fox in his first year.  If we keep Marvin 1 year longer we go 4-12 and end up with someone other than Burrow and we're screwed.  This is probably the nicest thing I can say about ZT.  I'm willing to admit he is awesome as long as the Brown family at no point gets lax on this roster thinking he can make up the difference.  Fair?  We needed a HC who was completely in over his  head and took his lumps while stinking it up to the only 1st overall pick that has mattered since Peyton Manning.

Phil Jackson had MJ & Kobe. Belichick had Brady ( he’s under .500 as a coach w/o him career) Bill Walsh had Montana and Young. Jimmy Johnson had Emmitt Smith, Aikman, and Irvin. Shula had Marino and Unitas. It’s such a tired argument.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT is an enigma.  He's apparently very good, but also managed to get us Burrow and Chase AND he even managed to get an awesome DC in Lou after trying his damndest to hire someone else.

He’s awesome but???? Do us all a favor and sit this one out.

Reply/Quote

Sure was a lot of good offensive playcalling out there today with a patchwork oline.....who gets the credit for that? 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:02 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Phil Jackson had MJ & Kobe. Belichick had Brady ( he’s under .500 as a coach w/o him career) Bill Walsh had Montana and Young. Jimmy Johnson had Emmitt Smith, Aikman, and Irvin. Shula had Marino and Unitas. It’s such a tired argument.

In my defense, I was skeptical of ZT when his biggest supporters were telling me he was going to come in here and get Dalton back to 2015 form and finally unlock John Ross' elite potential.

All I'm saying is that ZT is like a guy who won the lottery but responded by making wise investments and sound decisions with his fortunes.  I just don't see the Bengals going to the SB two years in a row if we have Tua or Jimmy G under center.  Call me a Burrow fanboy, but the guy is the tide that raises all boats.

I think ZT is Chuck Noll.  He got the job with a crap franchise, they stunk and got high picks while he learned, he won a lot with an elite roster, and then once that elite roster retired he seemed to lose the magic.  We'll see how much of that path ZT takes, but right now we are in the best part of the plan.

As long as Burrow is here we are a championship team, so yea we may as well declare ZT the best coach in the league.  As long as we don't let our roster slide because we can coach up lesser players, I'm fine with whatever spin we want to put on it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 09:49 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Hey, I've been saying that (and taking shit for it) every since they got here. Glad to see everyone else is starting to see it.  Wink

To be fair, they've grown a lot over the past two years. When they first got here, they were far from where they are now. 
Reply/Quote
I was wrong when they hired him and I thought he'd done nothing and sounded weak.
I was wrong when I wanted him fired after two years.
I was wrong when I disliked the lou hire.
I was wrong when it pissed me off that Lou couldn't work with club legends Atkins and Dunlop.
I was wrong when I watched futile passive defense in first year and wanted Lou sacked, and was even angrier when they stayed with him after two futile years.
I was wrong when I wanted Sewell over chase, thinking this another Mike Brown fascination with WRs instead of valuing the fundamentals move.
I was wrong when I doubted the change in admin at the club.
I was wrong when I wanted to move on from Tobin about every year since 2015 until 2021.
I was wrong when I thought the Bengals would never consistently win games.

I'm just really glad the patience and risk the club took has paid off. And Zac Taylor deserves credit for changing the franchise. Sure, it's a whole bunch of other people as well (specifically burrow and Lou), but this is his team.

P.s. I wasn't wrong about drafting drew sample, but watch him also become an elite TE.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:04 PM)Wyche Wrote: Sure was a lot of good offensive playcalling out there today with a patchwork oline.....who gets the credit for that? 

ZT is awesome....I just don't really want to see this franchise without Joe Burrow under center ever again.

I will say that when Burrow retires, I will be optimistic that ZT can find success with the next QB we have.  I'm 41 now, and ZT is probably going to be here until I'm in a nursing home, anyways. 
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In my defense, I was skeptical of ZT when his biggest supporters were telling me he was going to come in here and get Dalton back to 2015 form and finally unlock John Ross' elite potential.

All I'm saying is that ZT is like a guy who won the lottery but responded by making wise investments and sound decisions with his fortunes.  I just don't see the Bengals going to the SB two years in a row if we have Tua or Jimmy G under center.  Call me a Burrow fanboy, but the guy is the tide that raises all boats.

I think ZT is Chuck Noll.  He got the job with a crap franchise, they stunk and got high picks while he learned, he won a lot with an elite roster, and then once that elite roster retired he seemed to lose the magic.  We'll see how much of that path ZT takes, but right now we are in the best part of the plan.

As long as Burrow is here we are a championship team, so yea we may as well declare ZT the best coach in the league.  As long as we don't let our roster slide because we can coach up lesser players, I'm fine with whatever spin we want to put on it.

I think you’d better stick around for your punishment as it’s coming in avalanches as we continue. I know a player on the team and their confidence in Zac is sky high.

Reply/Quote

It's ok, Nate: 1 bad post in the past 5,000 isn't a bad track record Wink
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In my defense, I was skeptical of ZT when his biggest supporters were telling me he was going to come in here and get Dalton back to 2015 form and finally unlock John Ross' elite potential.
I kinda feel like you're making this up. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote