Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is why if the Rams win, it will be a damn shame...
I was actually asked yesterday by a guy, if what he heard was true. He had heard that there would be more Bengals fans than Rams fans. I told him I didn't know, but had heard that is generally the case at their home games. Then he asked, can people from Cincinnati afford SB tickets? I just looked at him for a second and then said, of course. I just shook my head and paid for my groceries...
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to be an edgy internet guy this morning. 

Edit: People converse informally on this forum every day, all day. Posts are not required to cohere to a framework with supporting evidence.

Sorry your sources werent in MLA format and therefore are invalid, please keep this in mind when interacting on the internet at all times

/s
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:32 PM)KenAndersonsCoffee Wrote: Sorry your sources werent in MLA format and therefore are invalid, please keep this in mind when interacting on the internet at all times

/s

Maybe I should go with Chicago Style and incorporate footnotes so the reader can focus on evidence and be distraction free from publication information? Hmm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Looks like someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed and decided to be an edgy internet guy this morning. 

Edit: People converse informally on this forum every day, all day. Posts are not required to cohere to a framework with supporting evidence.

Amen. Sometimes it's nice to just chat on here like we're amongst buddies who all love the Bengals....rather than needing to fact check before every post you make, for fear of being called out for daring to make such bold claims as a franchise coming off 5 straight losing seasons probably didn't produce as much merch.

Apologies for the run on sentence.

(02-09-2022, 11:45 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's a simple supply and demand function. Gear of historically bad, small market teams are not going to be manufactured at the same level as yearly contending, major market teams. You'd end up with a massive surplus of Jacksonville Jaguars jerseys each year, and Dak Prescott jerseys would be selling for $500 on ebay if they were all made in the same quantities. 

Disclaimer: I have nothing to support this other than common sense, and if proven wrong, I have no problem admitting when I'm an idiot. 

Makes sense to me, and I don't think anyone here is boldly presenting it as fact.

Not sure why anyone would be offended by this. Nobody is saying the Bengals are cheap. I imagine all franchises coming off multiple losing seasons probably produce less merch.

Next year, we'll probably be inundated with it.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 03:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I imagine all franchises coming off multiple losing seasons probably produce less merch.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe "franchises" are responsible for producing their own merch.
I think the NFL does all of that.  Naturally the NFL will produce more of what sells... and until this season, Bengals stuff didn't really sell very well.
Reply/Quote
That Rams fan Davis777 sure is pizzed cause of this thread...

Keep it up. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 02:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Maybe I should go with Chicago Style and incorporate footnotes so the reader can focus on evidence and be distraction free from publication information? Hmm

Dont be preposterous sir!
Reply/Quote
FYI

Chargers were #8 in attendance per game (71,598)
Rams were #10 (70,240)

Bengals were #29 (60,325)

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/attendance#:~:text=NFL%20Attendance%20-%202021%20%20%20%202021,%20%2076%2C236%20%2020%20more%20rows%20

So don't act like there are no NFL fans in LA.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: FYI

Rams were #10 (70,240)

http://insider.espn.com/nfl/attendance#:~:text=NFL%20Attendance%20-%202021%20%20%20%202021,%20%2076%2C236%20%2020%20more%20rows%20

There are obviously NFL fans in LA... how many are actually Rams fans, though?
"Attendance" numbers include visiting fans, too.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:40 AM)Whatever Wrote: The Browns sold more jerseys in Ohio than the Bengals despite Burrow being the #1 individual jersey seller.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/2/8/22922232/joe-burrow-jersey-best-selling-ohio-bengals-sales-browns

Kind of sad when you think about it.  

I would like to know how Lids compiled their data?  Not sure how they acquired all authorized resellers inventory?  As a former authorized retailer of NCAA gear I can tell you that it is never a lack of supply unless they are specific official NFL jerseys, which may be the case here.  Other jerseys and gear does not come from a single distributor. Each licensee obtains their own raw material... for example Nike has their own stock of several items of which they add Bengals logos. I was one of a thousand licensees for the NCAA and SEC, we purchased our own gear, be it jerseys, clothing, bags, whatever.  
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:24 AM)Tomkat Wrote: I would have to agree with this... as a Bengals fan I RARELY see any Bengals stuff ANYWHERE, even before now that they're "popular."

In Louisville I could always find Bengals stuff at JC Penney's back in the dyad must have been the only one.

One year I came in to look for my annual Bengals merch and there was none. Asked the guy would they be getting any in and was told that he would never ever order their gear again. Said you can't hardly give it away. 

Nowadays there are plenty of sports related store and is more readily available. But still have more gear from teams people bandwagon on like steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Ravens Lamar jersey's and such way more than Bengals stuff. In fact Ive got so many deals on Bengals gear in Louisville its not even funny. 

But those days just changed and expect to be swimming in Bengals gear next year with many more fans jumping onboard lately.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 11:39 AM)motoarch Wrote: Who's edgy?

I said you repeated something that had no supporting evidence then you replied with a personal attack and a dumb gif.

I argue you're the edgy internet guy this morning.

Stop taking a piss, grow up and move on.

You're not a nice person
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2022, 06:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: FYI

Rams were #10 (70,240)

I believe he's acting like there are no "Rams" fans in LA....not "NFL" fans.  We're long past the point as a society where only the fans of certain teams attend games.  People go to sporting events all the time as "something to do".  I'm willing to bet that happens a shit ton more in LA than other cities.  
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote