Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This might not be the Bengals season...
The AFC North looks like it's going to be a slaughterhouse, losing to a mediocre Steelers team is worrisome and next week going on the road vs a much better Dallas team is scary, I can only imagine the day Parsons will have after what TJ Watt did...
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I am not too concerned. The offense will not play that bad often. In fact, I would be surprised if that isn't the worst performance (in terms of turn overs) they have the entire season. The defense was stellar.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: The AFC North looks like it's going to be a slaughterhouse, losing to a mediocre Steelers team is worrisome and next week going on the road vs a much better Dallas team is scary, I can only imagine the day Parsons will have after what TJ Watt did...

We were -5 in TO and should have won. Defense looked great. Not sure I see the full doom and gloom.

I so think at some point we need to stop blaming the OL for all the problems and put more focus on Burrow/Zac. I know Zac gets a lot if hate but Burrow makes the OL look soooo much worse than they are. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:09 PM)Trademark Wrote: The AFC North looks like it's going to be a slaughterhouse, losing to a mediocre Steelers team is worrisome and next week going on the road vs a much better Dallas team is scary, I can only imagine the day Parsons will have after what TJ Watt did...

It's way too early for this talk. Yes the steelers offense didn't look good and if we don't give them 5 turnovers it's probably a different story. Even with all that we still win if Clark Harris doesn't get hurt. 
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:13 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: It's way too early for this talk. Yes the steelers offense didn't look good and if we don't give them 5 turnovers it's probably a different story. Even with all that we still win if Clark Harris doesn't get hurt. 

It's just worrisome losing to such a mediocre team with Trashbitsky at QB
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: We were -5 in TO and should have won. Defense looked great. Not sure I see the full doom and gloom.

I so think at some point we need to stop blaming the OL for all the problems and put more focus on Burrow/Zac. I know Zac gets a lot if hate but Burrow makes the OL look soooo much worse than they are. 

Zac made questionable calls and Burrow had no pocket presence and made repeated terrible reads. And it goes back to lack of full speed snaps. He is rusty as heck and the OL NEEDED to play in all the preseason games as a unit to get at least somewhat into sync. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:12 PM)TheFan Wrote: We were -5 in TO and should have won. Defense looked great. Not sure I see the full doom and gloom.

I was thinking looking back at the game. Two or three of Burrows picks were trying to force it down field into tight windows. Not sure if that's really on the gameplan/play calling but we were aggressive and a more conservative approach probably gets us the win. 

On a positive note I liked what I saw out of Hurst and if Volson isn't getting blown up by Heyward or Burrow keeps his eyes down field he probably has a long TD in the 3rd QTR.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:15 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's just worrisome losing to such a mediocre team with Trashbitsky at QB

I'm a believer the Steelers are better than people think. But Trubisky did look a little worse than I thought he would. Also losing Watt and whatever other injuries they have isn't helping them.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:17 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was thinking looking back at the game. Two or three of Burrows picks were trying to force it down field into tight windows. Not sure if that's really on the gameplan/play calling but we were aggressive and a more conservative approach probably gets us the win. 

On a positive note I liked what I saw out of Hurst and if Volson isn't getting blown up by Heyward or Burrow keeps his eyes down field he probably has a long TD in the 3rd QTR.

Yes at least two picks were 100% on Burrow throwing into double/triple coverage when he had Hurst WIDE OPEN (in both cases). 
Reply/Quote

Yes he does.He holds on to the ball way too long.He has got to learn to run sooner or throw the ball away.
Reply/Quote
Ravens are the best competition in the division. Running back against the Steelers and I think we win and we will beat the Browns.

Zac coached like garbage.
Burrow played like garbage.
The O-line was garbage.
Based on history, I see one of those as being an anomaly that likely will not continue.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote

For me the doom and gloom is because that game was about as 'Bungles' as it gets... The longer the game went the more they found a way to absolutely eff it up in the most ridiculous way.

The best teams lose games. Only one team has gone a season without losing. But jesus, how often do you see the real top of the tree teams look as huge a mess as we did today? Not often at all. So many facets of the team were really poor today, and they've had ages to be ready for this. We've lost today's game as we couldn't manage a snap count properly when bleeding the clock. I mean... that's just beyond amateur stuff. 

But... only one game. We will improve tenfold over today, but really isn't a good start when you consider how stacked the AFC is. Looked nowhere near contenders today. Defence did look good though, although they'll face far better offences than Pittsburgh's.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:34 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: For me the doom and gloom is because that game was about as 'Bungles' as it gets... The longer the game went the more they found a way to absolutely eff it up in the most ridiculous way.

The best teams lose games. Only one team has gone a season without losing. But jesus, how often do you see the real top of the tree teams look as huge a mess as we did today? Not often at all. So many facets of the team were really poor today, and they've had ages to be ready for this. We've lost today's game as we couldn't manage a snap count properly when bleeding the clock. I mean... that's just beyond amateur stuff. 

But... only one game. We will improve tenfold over today, but really isn't a good start when you consider how stacked the AFC is. Looked nowhere near contenders today. Defence did look good though, although they'll face far better offences than Pittsburgh's.

I turned to my wife and son and said they will just take the penalty and run the clock all the way down.  Then he kicked it with like 14 seconds on the clock.  I was like w...........t.........f!

As someone who has watched the last 33 or so seasons I was having some serious "bad B word" flashbacks.  lol.
Reply/Quote
Overreact much.

Relax
Reply/Quote
This franchise has been to 3 Super Bowls. Incredible to think we’d make 2 in a row.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Timing was off for the offense. We're seeing the results of a brand new offensive line that didn't play together until the last couple of weeks and a QB that spent training camp recovering from surgery and an massive infection

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:24 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: Yes he does.He holds on to the ball way too long.He has got to learn to run sooner or throw the ball away.

in year 3 now an he still aint showing no signs of learning that. has me worried
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:39 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I turned to my wife and son and said they will just take the penalty and run the clock all the way down.  Then he kicked it with like 14 seconds on the clock.  I was like w...........t.........f!

As someone who has watched the last 33 or so seasons I was having some serious "bad B word" flashbacks.  lol.

Yeah, that was inexplicable. As it was, Huber kicked it into the endzone.

The other inexplicable play was Huber not just keeping the ball on the bad snap on the field goal try. The reason they kicked it on 3rd down was just in case of a bad snap. 

I'm curious what the injury is on Clark Harris that he couldn't make just one snap. Just one good snap and the Bengals win.
Reply/Quote
Well, losing to the Steelers stinks and this loss has typical SB loser hangover written all over it. With that being said, we lost to a division rival that got pretty injured in the process and the Browns are still down a starting QB for another 10 weeks. The Ravens are our main target, and if we win the division then it's a whole new season when the playoffs start.

So yeah, this blows but until I see otherwise this team is still "Meh, who cares until the playoffs start?" good. Er, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 06:24 PM)bengalsboy Wrote: Yes he does.He holds on to the ball way too long.He has got to learn to run sooner or throw the ball away.

It feels like he tries to hit a hr on every throw.

That said, some of the pressure was on him quick.
Reply/Quote