Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization doesn’t deserve Burrow
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow did all that he could to keep this team in the game. This organization doesn’t deserve Joe
Really? Why? No organization is going to fix 1-15 in one or two seasons.
We all knew the Oline wasn’t going to be any good this season.
To me the big disappointment so far is the poor run defense.
Exciting to me is Joe Burrow looked amazing, played amazing. This won’t last given the Oline, unless they find a running game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:18 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I thought no rookie mini camp and no preseason games meant rookie QB is supposed to come in and dominate........11111111!!!!!!!!!  daFUq???? We were 2-14 last year rookie with no NFL experience should be able to get insta wins with this team.!!

Except the QB isn't the problem.  In fact, despite what you're referencing, the play has improved at the position.

The problems are the offensive line, and the run defense.  The two biggest issues that plagued us last year.

Blame the coaching staff, or the personnel, or preferably both.  Either way, with an entire offseason, neither are showing improvement.

You can't blame Joe Burrow's lack of an offseason for a run defense this bad, or the fact he got hit 10 times tonight.
Reply/Quote
We will get an oline to protect him and a new defensive coordinator that will help him by doing there part in winning games. Anarumo will be fired soon hopefully. Fingers crossed.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:15 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The problem with this organization starts at the top. Mike Brown and the nepotism/penny pinching FO. No scouting for forever. Poor practice facilities. Zero accountability.

I mean, there is some hope. Burrow is legit. Reader & Alexander look pretty good. Jordan & Sample are improved. CJ looked good before he got hurt. Wilson is the best KR in the league. Simmons is a great ST coach.

Geno will help some, but we have no pass rush. The OL is mediocre on the left and @$$ on the right. Tackling is still an issue. And our poor OL play renders Mixon and downfield passing moot.

In short, our defense does not threaten our opponent's offense, and our offense cannot threaten their defense. Everyobe is downhill on us. All the time. Both sides of the ball.

That has 2-14 to 4-12 written all over it. Even with a good QB.

This post is all over it 100%.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:13 AM)Trademark Wrote: Next year, next year, next year. I’m tired of hearing that

Burrow just kept us in a game we shouldn't have been in. We have one solid piece in place to build around. That is a starting point. Last year we didn't have that. Count your blessings. 

Their job is simple: continue building/developing the offensive line and adding good players to the defense. The team will get better around Burrow. We have all our draft picks for next year.

The team will continue to improve. Burrow will continue to improve. Don't worry so much.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:22 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Except the QB isn't the problem.  In fact, despite what you're referencing, the play has improved at the position.

The problems are the offensive line, and the run defense.  The two biggest issues that plagued us last year.

Blame the coaching staff, or the personnel, or preferably both.  Either way, with an entire offseason, neither are showing improvement.

You can't blame Joe Burrow's lack of an offseason for a run defense this bad, or the fact he got hit 10 times tonight.

I've never been high on the staff.  These coordinators are second rate and the o-line coach was a dud that looked like he'd never work in the league again.

I'm not going to knock the Higgins pick at the cost of getting a RT.  AJ needs replaced soon, and this was apparent tonight.  His deal is only good through this year, so you need a future number 1 for the quarterback.  

Still, the bottom feeders and retreads stocking the line are frustrating.  I think Jonah and Jordan will be serviceable to good once they mature, but the right side is a loss at this point.  

I want to see Burrow with time to throw.  He's been effective while getting pounded, but this can't be the norm.  It's time to accept the hard facts that there are no long-term answers there right now.
Reply/Quote
It’s funny that I’m a very pessimistic personality, but I feel okay about the season so far.

Personally though if we are bad enough to have a top 3 pick again we then I’m honestly in the replace the coaching staff side. It is a little unfair as Zac still hasn’t gotten a true full offseason with his players.

I want to see the D with Geno back and Id like to see price back in at G. Not sure what we can really do with our current players to fix the OL :/
Reply/Quote
You guys saying it's only been 2 games. How much longer do you think his body holds up to the abuse he has taken the last 2 weeks. Burrow is special. If the Bengals don't win with him, I am convinced they never will.. I fear they are gonna Carr him too..
Reply/Quote
I second the notion that if the Bengals screw this up and don't get a championship with Burrow, they are done as a franchise.

I just don't see how they could screw it up. I guess we'll see what happens.

But don't act like they already screwed it up--that is a judgement left for 5 years down the road if we can't get him re-signed. Now is the time to build around Burrow.

I'm extremely encouraged by the performance of the offense--in spite of the offensive lines struggles. Mixon is rushing well. They are protecting just enough up front for Burrow to make some great plays.

The players around Burrow can only get better, right? They're not going to regress, are they? This is a young offensive line. They'll get better.

To me this will be a fun process to watch the team around Burrow improve and the team get to a point where they contend for championships. If things don't turn out that way then that will obviously be disappointing. But I just don't see how they could screw it up. If they do screw things up, they will be forced to pack it up as a franchise. I don't think the fan base could take any more, could they?

I'm not going to worry about it though. I see a winner in Burrow and will enjoy the time he's leading the team.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:44 AM)Bengalstripes18 Wrote: I second the notion that if the Bengals screw this up and don't get a championship with Burrow, they are done as a franchise.

I just don't see how they could screw it up. I guess we'll see what happens.

But don't act like they already screwed it up--that is a judgement left for 5 years down the road if we can't get him re-signed. Now is the time to build around Burrow.

I'm extremely encouraged by the performance of the offense--in spite of the offensive lines struggles. Mixon is rushing well. They are protecting just enough up front for Burrow to make some great plays.

The players around Burrow can only get better, right? They're not going to regress, are they? This is a young offensive line. They'll get better.

To me this will be a fun process to watch the team around Burrow improve and the team get to a point where they contend for championships. If things don't turn out that way then that will obviously be disappointing. But I just don't see how they could screw it up. If they do screw things up, they will be forced to pack it up as a franchise. I don't think the fan base could take any more, could they?

I'm not going to worry about it though. I see a winner in Burrow and will enjoy the time he's leading the team.

At the end of the day, this team is still in transition.  There was a big overhaul on the roster both financially and with the quarterback change.  Still, they have a lot invested in Dalton-Green era players.  I'm obviously talking about Geno, Carlos and AJ.  These guys all make a ton of money.  In time, they will be gone along with their contracts.  We aren't getting a hell of a lot from them now.  

It's not fun to think about, but if they can't be productive anymore, they will need to be purged.  The next era of successful Bengals football may well not include them.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:59 AM)samhain Wrote: At the end of the day, this team is still in transition.  There was a big overhaul on the roster both financially and with the quarterback change.  Still, they have a lot invested in Dalton-Green era players.  I'm obviously talking about Geno, Carlos and AJ.  These guys all make a ton of money.  In time, they will be gone along with their contracts.  We aren't getting a hell of a lot from them now.  

It's not fun to think about, but if they can't be productive anymore, they will need to be purged.  The next era of successful Bengals football may well not include them.  

and likely not include them. it's unfortunate but this is the bengal way of doing business. however late to the party it really is. business is just business in the end only mike brown wins lifelong fans will always lose. a bengal fan i'll always be detrimental only to me.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:18 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Is Eric Bieniemy still in Duke's call history?

I can only imagine what he could be doing with Burrow...

We definitely hired the wrong guy.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:15 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Except missing throws over 20 yards.. he played better but still yet to throw well down field. 

This. I mentioned this repeatedly in game day thread along with 5.0 ypa. yet i'm the idiot.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 AM)Trademark Wrote: Burrow did all that he could to keep this team in the game. This organization doesn’t deserve Joe

Actually, by being so bad they do deserve Joe.  That is how the draft is set up to help with parity.  Now, figure out how to play the F'n game and he will win here.

I am giving them until the quarter pole to see if by some act of God they end up 2-2 (with Burrow, it is possible), but if they are 0-4 I am calling Carolina and telling them to start making arrangements to give up four first rounders for Lawrence.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: A lot if good QBs are drafted by very bad teams. The Bengals are no less deserving of their pick.

It's like people don't understand how the draft works. The best players go to the worst teams. Duh...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:13 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: The play on the field was embarrassing.

Giving up 216 yards on the ground at over 6+ a pop????

Please don't direct to the fans.  This coaching staff is an asbolute joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No Geno Atkins nor Mike Daniels. Nick Chubb and Kareem Hunt. It's really a wonder they didn't gash us for more.
Reply/Quote
Didn’t realize Stephen A Smith frequented this messageboard.
Reply/Quote
Maybe we could trade Zac, Kings Island, Gold Star(no way we're giving up Skyline), and AJ Green to the Patriots for Belichick.
Reply/Quote
Burrow is not the problem, the problem is this organization not addressing obvious issues time and time again....how long have we been talking about this horrible o-line, it seems like forever. Yet, the “experts” keep rolling out these chumps that, by definition SUCK and expect them to be perform like Munoz. A turd is a turd, it won’t magically turn into gold!
Reply/Quote
Seriously I know it’s frustrating. Burrow is still making college jukes and holding onto the ball too long and costing the team field position. He has no time to read the entire field with that right side. I feel like Jim Turner is in more trouble than Lou. Defenses make improvements when adding better talent, but it still takes time to Adjust to new teammates and learning to trust them to be in the right spots so the defense can succeed. We desperately need a pass rush from somewhere, consistently.

The 2 things the bengals need to improve in ASAP are the right side if the oline and the pass rush.
Reply/Quote