Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization proved they don’t care about winning
The headline today should of been “Bengals fire Teryl Austin” the headline at the beginning of the year should of been “Bengals parting ways with Lewis” this organization has proved time and time again they don’t care about winning. For instance we could of had Mahomes instead we take Ross who has done nothing. This organization doesn’t care about winning. Even if they somehow make the playoffs it will probably be the same results again. I hope I’m wrong and I hope this post doesn’t age well. But with the way it’s looking, it’s looking like the same old, same old. Don’t get me wrong I like Dalton, but it’s just frustrating
Reply/Quote
The FO fired Zampese mid season. I think Austin should go and Haslett.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Caption this:

[Image: Pzk8Kgr.jpg]
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
"I am usually in bed this time on Sunday nights"
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 02:42 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Caption this:

"Look at the size of that thing." Yep, we took a pounding.

Reply/Quote
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to give up Xanax"
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
No doubt the Bengals were taken to the woodshed last night. but what do you do with an offense that scored 10 points and allowed 7 against the worst D in the NFL that was missing 2 superstars.

We knew KC was going to score, we just thought our O could kinda keep pace.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:23 PM)Trademark Wrote:  this organization has proved time and time again they don’t care about winning. For instance we could of had Mahomes instead we take Ross who has done nothing. 

So every team that has missed on a first round draft pick does not want to win?

C'mon, this is getting silly.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 12:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: For instance we could of had Mahomes instead we take Ross who has done nothing. 

That pick screams Mike Brown!
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So every team that has missed on a first round draft pick does not want to win?

C'mon, this is getting silly.

IF you haven't figured out the problem yet, then you aren't as smart as I thought you were.

Zimmer canned his FG kicker after missing 2 FGs!  No non-sense is how you win football games. NOT win at any cost, but no non-sense.
Reply/Quote
No team is going to fire there D coordinator with only 7 games into a season. Especially when that unit has had major Injuries.
We can't run what we want to run because our 2 best LBs haven't played that much together yet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

"Look at the size of that playbook!" " Wow, there are more plays than RB screens and 10 yard curl patterns!!"
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IF you haven't figured out the problem yet, then you aren't as smart as I thought you were.

Zimmer canned his FG kicker after missing 2 FGs!  No non-sense is how you win football games. NOT win at any cost, but no non-sense.

Was that after the no non-sense 27-6 loss to the Bills?

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was that after the no non-sense 27-6 loss to the Bills?

Are we a little bitter bfine?  Cool

Or are you one, of many, who would just love to see what he could have done with the Bengals talent, his own staff, and freedom to be no non-sense??
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:39 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Are we a little bitter bfine?  Cool

Or are you one, of many, who would just love to see what he could have done with the Bengals talent, his own staff, and freedom to be no non-sense??

Sure, in hindsight it might have been a good move to keep Zims, but when The Vikes offered Zimms the HC gig we were coming off 3-4 consecutive playoff seasons. Teams don't replace coaches that are doing that. 

If we want to blame Marvin, then we have to blame him for being too successful while Zims was here. 

Reply/Quote

"Holy $%&*! Damn good thing I signed a 2 year deal" - Marvin Lewis
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:25 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: IF you haven't figured out the problem yet, then you aren't as smart as I thought you were.

Figure what out?

You comments have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Does every team that has missed on a first round draft pick "not want to win"?

And what the does "no-nonsense" even mean?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Figure what out?

You comments have absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Does every team that has missed on a first round draft pick "not want to win"?

Dance around the problem.  I've said it before ad nauseum.  MB MB MB!!

So many here have no confidence in this man.  Until THAT changes, status quo expected.

You take sometimes bone head comments and attack them.  The OP says the organization doesn't care.  That boils down to one of two owners who do not have a GM so they are completely responsible and accountable.
Reply/Quote

I would have put on the brakes way before now, surely they'll do it soon
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:32 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Was that after the no non-sense 27-6 loss to the Bills?

No.  It was after Carlson missed THREE fgs in ONE game including a 35 yard chip shot in overtime.  Carlson was a rookie who started the season only making 1 of 4 attempts.

As usual Bengalguy71 has not clue what he is talking about.  Zimmer probably made a big mistake by releasing veteran kicker Kai Forbath before the season and going with the rookie Carlson.  It cost him the win against the Packers.
Reply/Quote