Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This organization proved they don’t care about winning
(10-23-2018, 05:26 PM)Joelist Wrote: I wish people would realize that Mahomes would be struggling on this team with our lack of blocking and lack of real targets. He has multiple targets in KC all with game breaking speed and an OL that has pretty much kept him clean all season.

This is just made up. We have kept Andy relatively clean all year, the pick 6 he threw against KC was done from a clean pocket.

Poor Eli Manning has been sacked 24 times, running for his life, has 1 legit target, is near 40 years old, and still has a passer rating 4 points higher than Andy. Eli would love to have the protection we give Andy. 

To suggest Mahomes would struggle here is just biased prognostication. I know you'll find this hard to believe but there are a good number of QBs that would do just fine here. 

As to the intent of the OP: Once we cut ties with AJ Green, Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, Vontaze Burfict, and others then I will agree this team "doesn't care about winning"
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No, I disagree, they do care about winning.

Problem is they aren't making enough good decisions. And they also are content with Marvin which is a problem in itself. Marvin did a great job on what he inherited. But that was 6 pant sizes ago and I wasn't the old guy at a club (not that I still go to clubs). Then after having really good coordinators, they now went the cheap route on both sides of the ball with Austin and Lazor, to go with Marvin in his 30th year or whatever it is now.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 05:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is just made up. We have kept Andy relatively clean all year, the pick 6 he threw against KC was done from a clean pocket.

Poor Eli Manning has been sacked 24 times, running for his life, has 1 legit target, is near 40 years old, and still has a passer rating 4 points higher than Andy. Eli would love to have the protection we give Andy. 

To suggest Mahomes would struggle here is just biased prognostication. I know you'll find this hard to believe but there are a good number of QBs that would do just fine here. 

Not sure what your point is here.  Are you really trying to argue that neither Dalton nor Manning would put up better numbers with Kansas City this year?

I think that is crazy.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 05:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Not sure what your point is here.  Are you really trying to argue that neither Dalton nor Manning would put up better numbers with Kansas City this year?

I think that is crazy.

No sure where you came to that conclusion; nothing was mentioned about how anyone would do in KC. I simply responded to an assertion that Mahomes would be struggling here. Not my fault if you failed to grasp the point. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No sure where you came to that conclusion; nothing was mentioned about how anyone would do in KC. I simply responded to an assertion that Mahomes would be struggling here. Not my fault if you failed to grasp the point. 

Sorry for the confusion.  If it is claimed that Mahomes wouldn't struggle here isn't that pretty much the same as saying that Dalton would do better in KC?

And what does Eli have to do with either Cincy or KC?  How does his performance prove anything about Mahomes?

So just to be clear is your position that Mahomes would be putting up the same numbers here with the Bengals this year as he is with the Chiefs?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. Sorry for the confusion.  If it is claimed that Mahomes wouldn't struggle here isn't that pretty much the same as saying that Dalton would do better in KC?

2. And what does Eli have to do with either Cincy or KC?  How does his performance prove anything about Mahomes?

3. So just to be clear is your position that Mahomes would be putting up the same numbers here with the Bengals this year as he is with the Chiefs?

1. No Fred, those are not pretty much the same thing

2. It was an example of how a QB many consider inferior to Andy is doing well in a worse situation. Sorta disputes so and so would struggle here

3. It's not an argument I've made; but that's never stopped you, but to answer the question: No, I don't think he'd be putting up the same number; but that's just a guess. 

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 2. It was an example of how a QB many consider inferior to Andy is doing well in a worse situation. Sorta disputes so and so would struggle here

It disputes that Eli would struggle here.  Says nothing about Mahomes.

You think Mahomes would be putting up the same numbers with the Giants that he is with KC?
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2018, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It disputes that Eli would struggle here.  Says nothing about Mahomes.

OK Fred

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 04:41 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Dance around the problem.  I've said it before ad nauseum.  MB MB MB!!

So many here have no confidence in this man.  Until THAT changes, status quo expected.

You take sometimes bone head comments and attack them.  The OP says the organization doesn't care.  That boils down to one of two owners who do not have a GM so they are completely responsible and accountable.

Who in gods name has confidence in Mike Brown. I know of no one.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2018, 03:32 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: "Look at the size of that playbook!" " Wow, there are more plays than RB screens and 10 yard curl patterns!!"

"another td from Mahomes and  I just shit my depends"
or
" I cant believe I still get paid for this shit"
Reply/Quote