Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This place is seriously depressing
(11-29-2015, 10:23 PM)kevin Wrote: In front of every silver lining to them is a dark cloud, the glass always half empty. 

Well that sucks!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good news is that this team can win every game...
Bad news is that this team could lose every game...
---any given Sunday---
I'm personally thrilled about this season. I feel with the loses we took the past two games, this team has to create that level of confidence needed to perform through those loses. Today's win was a good win to put that train back on the rails. This team needs to stay level. They need to work through the diversity, we lost 4 playoff games in a row, so I know that dwells, but at the same time, this team knows it can be beat. Just an eye-opener...I'd rather take a loss in the regualr season (of course) than be another one-and-done.
/

[Image: cinsigfin.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:49 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Good news is that this team can win every game...
Bad news is that this team could lose every game...
---any given Sunday---
I'm personally thrilled about this season. I feel with the loses we took the past two games, this team has to create that level of confidence needed to perform through those loses. Today's win was a good win to put that train back on the rails. This team needs to stay level. They need to work through the diversity, we lost 4 playoff games in a row, so I know that dwells, but at the same time, this team knows it can be beat. Just an eye-opener...I'd rather take a loss in the regualr season (of course) than be another one-and-done.
/

Maybe if some fans realized we can't win a playoff game unless we make the playoffs again so all they can do is win games now

It makes no sense to me to worry about winning a playoff game in week 12
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:52 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Maybe of some fans realized we can't win a playoff game unless we make the playoffs again so all they can do is win games now

It makes no sense to me to worry about winning a playoff game in week 12

I been wanting to win a playoff game since week one...but yes...winning games in the regular season will get us back into the playoffs...so we can possibly win a playoff game.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 10:59 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: I been wanting to win a playoff game since week one...but yes...winning games in the regular season will get us back into the playoffs...so we can possibly win a playoff game.

The Cowboys Lions and Ravens also wanted to get back the Super Bowl tourney, but likely all are dead in the water this year
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 11:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The Cowboys Lions and Ravens also wanted to get back the Super Bowl tourney, but likely all are dead in the water this year

Likey indeed. 

Love to see Bengals vs. Vikings in the big game...

(tangent thread)

Good job Zim...good job.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 11:06 PM)CINwillWIN Wrote: Likey indeed. 

Love to see Bengals vs. Vikings in the big game...

(tangent thread)

Good job Zim...good job.

Not me.  Always a bad idea to face a coach who intimately knows your personnel and playbook.

Don't believe me?  Just re-watch the Bucs and Raiders in the Super Bowl...
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 11:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not me.  Always a bad idea to face a coach who intimately knows your personnel and playbook.

Don't believe me?  Just re-watch the Bucs and Raiders in the Super Bowl...

I believe you...I do. 

I have a hard time watching Walsh win against us in both Superbowls.

Reply/Quote
Some of these fantasy boys and Madden Geeks never laced up the cleats and strapped on a headgear.....they tend to freak out over nothing. Then there are those with an agenda that didn't post for 8 weeks , but showed up in force after Houston and Arizona.....mainly looking to lay blame at the feet of Andy Dalton. I seriously don't get the hate.

There have been time when I was a VERY vocal critic of this team....especially the Shula/Coslet/LeBeau eras....and after the Palmer debacle....but goddamn man....we're 9 and ***** 2 FFS!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:03 PM)2ndHalfAdjustment Wrote: During the Cardinals game we had people so cynical that they firmly believed the Bengals would finish 8-8 and miss the playoffs. People need a wake up call. No, we're not a juggernaut, but we're a very good football team who can beat any team in the league this year if things go their way.  Considering the last 35 years we've been mediocre, I'll settle with very good.

This team is juggdrnautish if not an actual juggernaut.  Time will tell.  These boys get after it.  They may **** around and win the whole goddam thing.   Believe me, Houston don't wanna play us again. 
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:50 PM)thegimp Wrote: I like to come here and read some different perspectives.  The debate is fun and some (emphasis on some) of the people here have some interesting insight into the Bengals.  I cannot believe how negative and cynical the tone is though.  I was following the gameday thread today (which I very rarely do) and people were complaining that the bengals only had a 17-7 lead at the half?!?!?  I think many of you need to realize that you can't have a $20 million/year player at each position.  In fact, it is my belief that one of those types of contracts can seriously hamstring the future of a franchise in most instances.  My point is that this team is 9-2 and has very good depth and quite a few superstar caliber players.  Enjoy it!  I always want my teams to improve but the critical nature of this board is over the top...

the whole "the rest of you are crazy" spiel is just as embarrassing as being "delusional".  

You might be new to the party, but oh oh i got just the thing for this........

[Image: 9b3j37l.jpg]

if you don't like their opinions, either get over it or put them on ignore.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
I don't care what board for what sports team you are on, negativity on their gameday board is just the nature of the beast. You're going to read a lot of knee-jerk reaction.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: Some of these fantasy boys and Madden Geeks never laced up the cleats and strapped on a headgear.....they tend to freak out over nothing.  Then there are those with an agenda that didn't post for 8 weeks , but showed up in force after Houston and Arizona.....mainly looking to lay blame at the feet of Andy Dalton.  I seriously don't get the hate.

There have been time when I was a VERY vocal critic of this team....especially the Shula/Coslet/LeBeau eras....and after the Palmer debacle....but goddamn man....we're 9 and ***** 2 FFS!

you sir have paid your dues. And those of us who have paid those dues know that constantly complaining about possibly the best team in franchise history is amazing.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:51 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I don't care what board for what sports team you are on, negativity on their gameday board is just the nature of the beast.  You're going to read a lot of knee-jerk reaction.

Yeah it's the younger fans. Because I don't remember all the boos during the shake and blake time when we had competitive games. This team gets more boo's than those teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:51 AM)RiverRat13 Wrote: I don't care what board for what sports team you are on, negativity on their gameday board is just the nature of the beast.  You're going to read a lot of knee-jerk reaction.

The main thing is that it is not "kneejerk". You start a gameday thread show me the posters and I can tell you who it going to go off the deep end every time:

Team calls a T.O. before 2 minutes left in the half

The Defense gives up  a score or more than two 1st downs in a drive

We go for a FG instead of going for it

We go for it instead of kicking the FG

We play not to lose

We play not to win

We play our starters

We pull our starters

We pass too much

We run too much

We score to quickly

We don't go up tempo enough

I could go on, but I think you see the point. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 09:21 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We played so well today that all the usual suspects had to complain about is that we kept our starters in too long.

I'd imagine if we would have pulled them early, they would have complain about not "stomping on the throat."

I enjoy the gameday thread but I must admit there are times I have to log out of it; like when the D gives up a 1st down or the O has to punt.

Oh, and using TOs is considered wasting them.

I agree with most of your sentiment, but if we can find positives in a loss (like that against the Cardinals) then it's not irrational to find flaws during a win.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:55 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I agree with most of your sentiment, but if we can find positives in a loss (like that against the Cardinals) then it's not irrational to find flaws during a win.

And so far I haven't seen 1 complaint about flaws this game. It's mostly directed at guys they don't agree with.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 02:01 AM)Fresno B Wrote: And so far I haven't seen 1 complaint about flaws this game. It's mostly directed at guys they don't agree with.

We burned 2 TOs pretty early in the game, and kept Dalton in during a blowout against a dirty team that has a bountygate DC and a veritable to-do list of injured QB's in their wake.  I think those are pretty logical gripes.  The squandering of TOs can be overlooked against the Rams, but I hope we don't do those things against top-shelf teams.

But we won, and got Hill rolling so it was a good game.  It just wasn't perfect.  Maybe if it were 2010 or the 90s we wouldn't be holding the Bengals to such high standards?
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2015, 08:50 PM)thegimp Wrote: I like to come here and read some different perspectives.  The debate is fun and some (emphasis on some) of the people here have some interesting insight into the Bengals.  I cannot believe how negative and cynical the tone is though.  I was following the gameday thread today (which I very rarely do) and people were complaining that the bengals only had a 17-7 lead at the half?!?!?  I think many of you need to realize that you can't have a $20 million/year player at each position.  In fact, it is my belief that one of those types of contracts can seriously hamstring the future of a franchise in most instances.  My point is that this team is 9-2 and has very good depth and quite a few superstar caliber players.  Enjoy it!  I always want my teams to improve but the critical nature of this board is over the top...

I take the comments in GD thread with a grain salt emotions are running high. You can't really judge people in that thread. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
Football is an emotional game to watch. You can't take the GD thread too serious.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote