Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season cant end fast enough.....
like it or not smart Bengals fans will cheer for us to lose out and get higher draft picks......winning does us no good and would only give Marvin a glimpse of hope to stay.

Our best case scenario to end the year is.......

We lose out
Get a top 10 (edited) draft pick
Marvin and Hue get fired

Tell me Im wrong........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Even if we lose out...we wont get a top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:29 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Even if we lose out...we wont get a top 5 pick.

Stuck in the hell that is mediocrity.

We need to truly bottom out so we can land another AJ caliber player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Welcome to the last 3 seasons. But just as we did in 2016 and 2017, we'll win a couple of games we have no business winning.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:44 AM)jason Wrote: Welcome to the last 3 seasons. But just as we did in 2016 and 2017, we'll win a couple of games we have no business winning.

I think the odds of losing out are better than winning another game without a #1 WR and starting QB.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:20 AM)corpjet Wrote: like it or not smart Bengals fans will cheer for us to lose out and get higher draft picks......winning does us no good and would only give Marvin a glimpse of hope to stay.

We lose out
Marvin and Hue get fired

Tell me Im wrong.......
It won't end fast enough because besides a real beating by Chargers.  Maybe Raiders Carr even blows Bengals D out of the water.  But then comes a SWEEP by the Browns.  How long has it been since that happened.  Browns climb out of last, Bungles fall into last.  Bengy Fans at work and school get the horse laugh all year from Browns Fans. Then the Steelers SWEEP.  Bengy Fans at work and school get the horse laugh from Steelers Fans all year also.  You are right, It Won't End Fast Enough. My suggestion is to not pay much attention to Bungles. The Holidays come once a year. Enjoy the Holidays in spite of Bungles.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Believe it or not this is the first year I agree with you.

No reason what so ever to win these games.

However it would be great if they tried to be creative with Ross and get Malik Jefferson on the field.

I'd say you play all of your uncertain players at this point.

Better to see what they've got in games that mean something to playoff bound teams than next year in pre-season.

Amma right?

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 11:20 AM)corpjet Wrote: like it or not smart Bengals fans will cheer for us to lose out and get higher draft picks......winning does us no good and would only give Marvin a glimpse of hope to stay.

We lose out
Marvin and Hue get fired

Tell me Im wrong........

You’re absolutely right about one thing: winning the last few games would no doubt give Mike Brown confidence that Marvin is worth bringing back... again... Whatever
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Believe it or not this is the first year I agree with you.

However it would be great if they tried to be creative with Ross and get Malik Jefferson on the field.

Better to see what they've got in games that mean something to playoff bound teams than next year in pre-season.

Amma right?

Yeah, but, you see... that’s not how Marvin Lewis operates. Never has been.
Reply/Quote
I for one am rooting to lose out.

And today will be easy to move forward towards that goal.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:07 PM)kevin Wrote: It won't end fast enough because besides a real beating by Chargers.  Maybe Raiders Carr even blows Bengals D out of the water.  But then comes a SWEEP by the Browns.  How long has it been since that happened.  Browns climb out of last, Bungles fall into last.  Bengy Fans at work and school get the horse laugh all year from Browns Fans. Then the Steelers SWEEP.  Bengy Fans at work and school get the horse laugh from Steelers Fans all year also.  You are right, It Won't End Fast Enough. 

And well deserved it is.

Marvin is the Steelers biitch.

Browns finally don't get "pfffft" when our team plays them.

It all seems about right.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Believe it or not this is the first year I agree with you.

Amma right?

Malik Jefferson ?  Our problems are solved. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Kinda funny how even the most loyal of fans that would have never even thought of rooting for losses are starting to think differently about this team.

This franchise is slowly losing their entire fan base. But they just don’t seem to care. So why should I?

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Kinda funny how even the most loyal of fans that would have never even thought of rooting for losses are starting to think differently about this team.

This franchise is slowly losing their entire fan base. But they just don’t seem to care. So why should I?

They clearly showed they didn’t care when they brought Marvin back in early January.

I haven’t felt anything positive about this team since that day. Many seemed to forget how they felt that day, applauded the other offseason moves (which I admit, were necessary and great to see) and were filled with excitement about the team come training camp. My how soon we forget...

Bringing Marv back meant this season (and any further seasons with him at the helm) are shot. He lost this team after that steeler playoff loss. I’m surprised he hasn’t walked away yet... I can’t even imagine how he even goes out in public in cincy.
Reply/Quote
Honestly...a Top 5 pick? This team isn't 1 player away. Or 2 players away. Or 3 players away.

They're an entire coaching staff and about 8 players performing better away.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:19 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Kinda funny how even the most loyal of fans that would have never even thought of rooting for losses are starting to think differently about this team.

It just feels like the same ol' song and dance.

Even without the injuries.

They always are behind the curve in the way they do things.

If the most casual fan can point out issues and it takes them years to address it... then yeah it's a problem.

I really don't see how any of us can take the ownership and leadership of this team seriously.

The bare minimum is what they give and yet we expected them to somehow go somewhere meaningful with it.

It's just not realistic expectations on our part.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:11 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: However it would be great if they tried to be creative with Ross and get Malik Jefferson on the field.

Richard Skinner is the only Cincy media person to respond to my Twitter question when asked why Malik isn't on the field...

His response was he has a false first step that he needs to overcome and his play on special teams has been less than spectacular leading to him not getting any chances on defense....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...a Top 5 pick? This team isn't 1 player away. Or 2 players away. Or 3 players away.

They're an entire coaching staff and about 8 players performing better away.

I think a new coaching staff could do wonder with this team.

Yes, we obviously need more help from a player standpoint. But a simple coaching change (preferably someone who understands modern day football) could have us in the playoffs again next season.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:34 PM)corpjet Wrote: Richard Skinner is the only Cincy media person to respond to my Twitter question when asked why Malik isn't on the field...

His response was he has a false first step that he needs to overcome and his play on special teams has been less than spectacular leading to him not getting any chances on defense....

Jesus then what a miss.  So raw that they can't even get him on the field when the team is decimated with injuries.

Sounds like they would have been better off signing someone off a practice squad or the street if that's the case.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 12:37 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I think a new coaching staff could do wonder with this team.

Yes, we obviously need more help from a player standpoint. But a simple coaching change (preferably someone who understands modern day football) could have us in the playoffs again next season.

We had a lot of new coaches this past year. New offensive line coach. New DC.

Those units actually arguably got worse...

And I know people will say Marvin is the cause, but the coordinators and position coaches are who works with the guys day to day.
Reply/Quote