Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This season...
Was a ***** let down. My God, anyone who can excuse Marvin Lewis at this point is a fool.

A collapse on all fronts. Jeremy Hill being a fumble machine (which we all knew he was). How do you not put in Burkhead? What a ***** joke.

We were built to lose. Put in a fumble machine last second, who is surprised by the results? There is absolutely zero accountability in this organization. The people who fail return. That is why we continue to fail. Peace.
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Carson palmer plays on however. He knew and he got out. To retire from football? You know things are pretty screwed up. We lose our franchise QB over Marvin lewis. I wish palmer the best and hope they win it all.

The bullshit circus that Marvin can't control wrecked what should've been our most significant win ever. I mean old vets like peko and jones losing control when we couldn't afford to speaks volumes. But we need peko for his leadership right? Total bullshit. I bet AJ Green is regretting being stuck here in his prime. It could take years to get to the next level. We might actually get worse.

So we've lost palmer, Zimmer and now Hue so we can keep Marvin lewis. Thanks Mike brown. Thanks a lot.

It's a good thing I had twin baby girls monday otherwise I may have slipped into a deep funk. It puts life in true perspective. :)
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
What a horrible 12-5! Division championship, division schmanshionship. I'll never understand how one game can completely ruin a really good season.
Reply/Quote
Would we be singing the same tune if Dalton didn't get hurt?

I don't know, I bet none of us imagined 12-5 after the 8-0 start...
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:43 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: What a horrible 12-5! Division championship, division schmanshionship. I'll never understand how one game can completely ruin a really good season.

Time to ignore the crybabies.  They are never going to change.

If we win a playoff game they will cry about not winning the Super Bowl.

If we win the Super Bowl they will cry about how we would have won more Super Bowls with a different coach or else they will cry about not winning 3 in a row.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Time to ignore the crybabies.  They are never going to change.

If we win the Super Bowl they will cry about how we would have won more Super Bowls with a different coach or else they will cry about not winning 3 in a row.

Exactly!  Outside of venting and coming in here and giving our opinion, it really comes down to two options!  Root for the hand the franchise deals you, or move on to another team.  All the pissing and moaning isn't going to change a thing.

For me, it's like a Red Sox fan, prior to 2004.  I root, root, root for the Bengals, hoping for the best, but expecting the worse and that's how it will always be for me, until/unless the Bengals have their 2004 Red Sox moment. It is what it is!

BTW, ever since the football and baseball strikes in the 1980s, outside of a cable bill, I no longer support pro sports financially!
Reply/Quote
I wasn't crying about anything, I was just telling him the season wasn't a failure - we were playing with a backup QB. He pinned it all on Marvin.

But for sure you can label the media crybabies. You can hear it.

They can't win a playoff game.
They can't make it to the superbowl.
OK, they won a superbowl, they should have won more than 1 by now - or "about time".
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:34 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I wasn't crying about anything, I was just telling him the season wasn't a failure - we were playing with a backup QB. He pinned it all on Marvin.

But for sure you can label the media crybabies. You can hear it.

They can't win a playoff game.
They can't make it to the superbowl.
OK, they won a superbowl, they should have won more than 1 by now - or "about time".

I was agreeing with you.

Sorry if quoting your post made it look like I was including you as a crybaby.  I'll fix that.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 12:11 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Exactly!  Outside of venting and coming in here and giving our opinion, it really comes down to two options!  Root for the hand the franchise deals you, or move on to another team.  All the pissing and moaning isn't going to change a thing.

For me, it's like a Red Sox fan, prior to 2004.  I root, root, root for the Bengals, hoping for the best, but expecting the worse and that's how it will always be for me, until/unless the Bengals have their 2004 Red Sox moment. It is what it is!

BTW, ever since the football and baseball strikes in the 1980s, outside of a cable bill, I no longer support pro sports financially!

We can have opinions but I dispute false narratives on those opinions
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:54 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Was a ***** let down. My God, anyone who can excuse Marvin Lewis at this point is a fool.

A collapse on all fronts. Jeremy Hill being a fumble machine (which we all knew he was). How do you not put in Burkhead? What a ***** joke.

We were built to lose. Put in a fumble machine last second, who is surprised by the results? There is absolutely zero accountability in this organization. The people who fail return. That is why we continue to fail. Peace.

I do not see going to the playoffs and winning a division as failure.  Also I don;t know how you can call Hill a fumble machine, he had not fumbled since the early part of the season and had NEVER fumbled the last minute to two minutes of a game.   so your assumption is not based on much evidence.  You actually sound like the fool when you try to lump a 12-5 season into failure.

If you want to say the team underachieved, or was a disappointing season how it ended I agree to that....

but you can have your failure opinion.. and I can have my non-failure opinion.. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 01:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I do not see going to the playoffs and winning a division as failure.  Also I don;t know how you can call Hill a fumble machine, he had not fumbled since the early part of the season and had NEVER fumbled the last minute to two minutes of a game.   so your assumption is not based on much evidence.  You actually sound like the fool when you try to lump a 12-5 season into failure.

If you want to say the team underachieved, or was a disappointing season how it ended I agree to that....

but you can have your failure opinion.. and I can have my non-failure opinion.. 

Jeremy Hill has fumbled four times this season. That's too much IMO.
Reply/Quote
I know it is not a popular thing to say but, To be Honest... I hope Carson does really well!! Dude gave me some exciting times as a Bengal Fan. As far as this season this is the NFL, it is not easy to win it all... The game sucked yes but I hop we don't go back to 4-12 seasons... or be out of it with like 8 games to go... So trying to be positive here... As far as Marvin I like him and don't want him to leave the organization.. He has done a lot of great things on and off the field for the city!!
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:54 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Was a ***** let down. My God, anyone who can excuse Marvin Lewis at this point is a fool.

This was not a failure of a season. This was an excellent season.

It was a failure of a post season, I think we can all agree on that.
I'm not upset with the body of work this season, but I am upset with the way it went down in the end, sure.

I can still dislike Marvin Lewis based on his overall body of postseason work. You see, to me, one game will ever erase good things.
7, however, is a pretty incredible trend. But that aside, that doesn't even make Marvin Lewis a failure - just a postseason failure. I just think we need someone else to make the next step.

Marvin Lewis was great for this franchise. But that doesn't always mean he's the best option going forward.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 09:43 AM)hitchopottimus Wrote: What a horrible 12-5! Division championship, division schmanshionship. I'll never understand how one game can completely ruin a really good season.

Because we've been told time and time again all season how the Bengals have the best roster in the NFL.  Teams with the best roster in football don't get bounced out of the playoffs in the first round on a consistent basis.

This season was a disappointment plain and simple.  It would've been nice if Giggles had fallen on his sword and let Hue have a shot at the head coaching job.
Reply/Quote

It's really not hard to understand when you use context. The primary goal of all 32 teams is to win a championship. If your team isn't winning championships, you at least want to see progress toward that goal. This team has won 4 division titles and made 7 playoff trips since 2005, yet has never progressed past the WC round. There is no progress. It feels like wasted talent and opportunities. This team is so talented that anything less than playoff win(s) will be viewed as failure. Not only by Bengals fans, but by our coaches, players and the local and national media.

Do you really view this season as a success? If so, you must put more emphasis on the regular season and almost no emphasis on the post season.

(01-14-2016, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Time to ignore the crybabies.  They are never going to change.

This is silly and you don't honestly believe this. You're saying it out of frustration. This fan base would've been on cloud nine if we'd won on Saturday. If we won a Super Bowl, it'd cure a lot of frustration for a long time. I have no doubt about that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I view this season as okay. Not a complete success or complete failure. It's about living in a world that has shades of gray, and isn't so black and white.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2016, 02:24 PM)hitchopottimus Wrote: I view this season as okay. Not a complete success or complete failure. It's about living in a world that has shades of gray, and isn't so black and white.

Okay based on expectations? Or okay in a vacuum?

After 4 straight one-n-dones, I can't view another one-n-done as okay. I respect your opinion though. Just wish you guys would respect ours.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Letdown simple definition on Merriam-Webster: "something that is not as good as it was expected to be"

Not sure how it could be a letdown when Marvin Lewis was and is still the HC. I never expected him to be good. He's the worst postseason coach in NFL history. Jim Mora is 0-6, but he had to do it on two different teams because nobody else would settle for that shit. No other coach is even 0-4. Heck, only two are even 0-3.

So yeah, not a letdown. Just more of the same.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We were without our starting QB, got screwed by the refs, and would have won the game if not for Hill's fumble, but it's Marvin's fault we were one and done? I'm sorry but that's bullshit.

Where is the praise for Marvin for inspiring his team to come from 15 points down in the 4th quarter with a backup QB? I haven't seen one person claim that. If we had won that game I guarantee no one would be talking about how Marvin was responsible for it. A lot of people here really have a double standard for success and failure. The time to kick Marvin out was after 2010, not now.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote

Dude, shut up.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote