Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This should make for an interesting circus
(05-19-2016, 12:17 PM)PhilHos Wrote: You know there ARE stipulations for people running for elected office, right? For example, the president has to be a natural-born US citizen over the age of 35 (I think). Well, just add stipulations of having a law degree and/or have practiced law for so many years before being able to run for an open SC Justice position.

While I agree in theory I graduated with an a-hole who got his law degree (somehow) and is now an a-hole lawyer.  I got a chill thinking about how he meets all those requirements!   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-19-2016, 12:28 PM)GMDino Wrote: While I agree in theory I graduated with an a-hole who got his law degree (somehow) and is now an a-hole lawyer.  I got a chill thinking about how he meets all those requirements!   Smirk

Hey, I'm all for making requirements for elected office even more stringent, but liberals tend to shy away from those things in the name of "discrimination".
(05-19-2016, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hey, I'm all for making requirements for elected office even more stringent, but liberals tend to shy away from those things in the name of "discrimination".

So for now we've got:

Must have a law degree
Must have practiced law for so many years
Must not be an ahole.

I'd be ok with this. Three strikes, Trump's out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-19-2016, 12:40 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Hey, I'm all for making requirements for elected office even more stringent, but liberals tend to shy away from those things in the name of "discrimination".

So you'd be for a requirement that they only be straight?
(05-17-2016, 01:01 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Why stop with the Supreme Court?  Every member in Congress should have term limits.  8 years is long enough. 

I totally agree.   I have always been a big term limits supporter.  
(05-17-2016, 01:10 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Agreed, but how about making the Supreme Court be an elected position? Considering that it's politicized and everyone already worries about the biases of those appointed, let's just add their positions to our elections (when necessary). I'm not gung ho in favor of this, but I do not like how politicized the SC has become. Instead of just focusing on the law and the constitutionality of enacted laws, now it's about liberal or conservative ideologies being enacted or maintained.

I think it's the right of the executive to post people there with approval.   Their should just be term limits.   You have that RBG who looks like skeltor .... She has been in there too long.   
(05-19-2016, 01:27 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I think it's the right of the executive to post people there with approval.   Their should just be term limits.   You have that RBG who looks like skeltor .... She has been in there too long.   

Anthony Kennedy and Clarence Thomas have been on there longer than her.
(05-19-2016, 02:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Anthony Kennedy and Clarence Thomas have been on there longer than her.

Their looks are irrelevant. They're guys.

But she looks old, so obviously she's not qualified to adjudicate. 
(05-19-2016, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Their looks are irrelevant. They're guys.

Bias spotting is almost as fun as fill in the blanks.

Smirk
(05-19-2016, 02:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bias spotting is almost as fun as fill in the blanks.

Smirk

Wait... are you saying she's ___________?

Mellow
(05-19-2016, 02:20 PM)Benton Wrote: Wait... are you saying she's A COUGAR?

Mellow
(05-19-2016, 02:14 PM)Benton Wrote: Their looks are irrelevant. They're guys.

I just said she looks like skeletor and limps around like she is ready to die.   

But beyond that I have stated we needed term limits for all these people.  
(05-19-2016, 02:17 PM)GMDino Wrote: Bias spotting is almost as fun as fill in the blanks.

Smirk

i miss the blanks
People suck
(05-19-2016, 03:42 PM)Griever Wrote: i miss the blanks

Cry and get more words banned.   
(05-19-2016, 03:49 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Cry and get more words banned.   

says the guy who thinks everyone is out to get him
(05-19-2016, 03:56 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: says the guy who thinks everyone is out to get him

So how many more times are you going to focus on me and not on the topic?   Or did I miss where the thread title was....  about Lucie.  

If you want to focus on me make a thread about me.   Otherwise stay on topic.  

(05-19-2016, 04:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So how many more times are you going to focus on me and not on the topic?   Or did I miss where the thread title was....  about Lucie.  

If you want to focus on me make a thread about me.   Otherwise stay on topic.  

wow.  hypocrite much?

only one that has cried has been you, fine, and fritz about transgender people
People suck
So when did this thread become about me?
(05-19-2016, 04:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: So when did this thread become about me?

people are just responding to you

its not our fault you cant stay on topic
People suck