Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
This team is unreal
(10-24-2021, 10:05 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: They're definitely going to have to be able to get those 3-1 or 3-2 conversions on the ground.

That is the real area of weakness with this O-line, outside of Burrow getting pressured/roughed.

Yeah, it's annoying to see the lack of push in obvious running situations like that but hey for now the team is winning and that should be enjoyed. Can't do anything for the OL till next season anyway.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Hopkins needs to be replaced. Improve the center position and Burrow will be unstoppable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:09 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Yeah, it's annoying to see the lack of push in obvious running situations like that but hey for now the team is winning and that should be enjoyed. Can't do anything for the OL till next season anyway.

Just have Pollack coach them up is all. He is a damn good coach and it has shown this season IMO.

Need to add a RT and some more OL help in the Offseason to really protect Burrow and open up holes no question.

I also would like Sauce like we said at Corner and a game changing TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:14 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I think Hopkins needs to be replaced.  Improve the center position and Burrow will be unstoppable.

Eh, Hopkins had 2 GREAT blocks today resulting in 2 TD's, one for Mixon and one to seal the game for Perine.

Not a time to talk bad about Trey Hop. Mellow
Reply/Quote
The line is better than last year, but if we're being honest, we all know what the weakest position group is on this team. We made the right call taking Chase, but it needs to be a priority next off-season.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The line is better than last year, but if we're being honest, we all know what the weakest position group is on this team. We made the right call taking Chase, but it needs to be a priority next off-season.

For sure.
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 10:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The line is better than last year, but if we're being honest, we all know what the weakest position group is on this team. We made the right call taking Chase, but it needs to be a priority next off-season.

TE? Tongue

No, but in all seriousness I do like our depth at OL better than what’s behind Uzomah…

The OL is still certainly a work in progress though. What’s nice is if we can re-sign Spain and Reiff we won’t be in a position where we have to go OL early in the draft. Now, if there’s guys they like, and they’re the BPA on their board when we pick, then by all means pull the trigger.

Hopkins was better today, but I still want a stud Center for the future. And as much as I like big D’Ante Smith we shouldn’t bank on a 4th rounder that’s never played a snap in the regular season to be penciled in as our next RT.

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 11:22 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: TE? Tongue

No, but in all seriousness I do like our depth at OL better than what’s behind Uzomah…

The OL is still certainly a work in progress though. What’s nice is if we can re-sign Spain and Reiff we won’t be in a position where we have to go OL early in the draft. Now, if there’s guys they like, and they’re the BPA on their board when we pick, then by all means pull the trigger.

Hopkins was better today, but I still want a stud Center for the future. And as much as I like big D’Ante Smith we shouldn’t bank on a 4th rounder that’s never played a snap in the regular season to be penciled in as our next RT.

Would LOVE to get Lindenbaum the Center out of Iowa. Mellow

Follow it up with a pass catching TE.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:02 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would LOVE to get Lindenbaum the Center out of Iowa. Mellow

Follow it up with a pass catching TE.

I know there’s some size concerns, but man Iowa puts out the best Olinemen in the country. I’d love that pick.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:02 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Follow it up with a pass catching TE.

I also wouldn’t mind a CB in the first couple rounds. Time to cut our losses with Waynes this offseason.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:05 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I know there’s some size concerns, but man Iowa puts out the best Olinemen in the country. I’d love that pick.

Lindenbaum is a mean man, don't care about his size.

He plays through the whistle, great pass protector and run blocker with smarts.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I also wouldn’t mind a CB in the first couple rounds. Time to cut our losses with Waynes this offseason.

Sauce Gardner should stay in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:08 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sauce Gardner should stay in Cincy.

ThumbsUp

Although we might not be drafting high enough to get him…

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:11 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: ThumbsUp

Although we might not be drafting high enough to get him…

Yeah but that is also good news. Hopefully Lindenbaum lasts until 32. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: PFF counted 14 pressures and 1 sack on 39 pass blocking snaps.

Considering its the Ravens, that sounds pretty good. 

I read somewhere that last week against the Chargers, Herbert was pressured on 30 of his 42 dropbacks. 
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:15 AM)DesertBengal Wrote: Considering its the Ravens, that sounds pretty good. 

I read somewhere that last week against the Chargers, Herbert was pressured on 30 of his 42 dropbacks. 

I don’t care what the PFF grades are, that’s impressive ^

Reply/Quote
(10-24-2021, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said a couple days ago, I feel like this defense was designed to stop Lamar.

We signed a bunch of guys that can clog the middle, and corners who are excellent at tackling outside.

Don't forget the safeties and LBers. To me thier the biggest difference on this defense vs prior seasons. Bates, Wilson, and ADG were everywhere today.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
You know what was awesome about the Chase TD catch? Watch the replay and watch all the Bengals running down the sideline with Vhase has he raced to the end zone. The sideline and Bengals defensive players were going nuts
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 01:48 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: You know what was awesome about the Chase TD catch?  Watch the replay and watch all the Bengals running down the sideline with Vhase has he raced to the end zone.  The sideline and Bengals defensive players were going nuts

And know why else was awesome about the Chase TD catch…was Kevin Harlan’s call on the play.  I may not sleep tonight
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 12:26 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:
I don’t care what the PFF grades are, that’s impressive ^

Team Sewell here....  Yum.  Crow/Raven tastes real good!  I'm glad how wrong I am!  I'm fully on board now.  Nice whole team effort.  I'm surprised how good CJ Uzomah has played when we once rostered Tyler Eifert and Kroft ahead of him and also coming back from an achilles which is super hard to do.  Glad we don't just use TEs to block, but are also downfield threats. This almost looks like the LSU Champs of 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote