Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This team just feels....different
(09-14-2018, 03:47 PM)Okay Wrote: The gameday thread is the most miserable, cynical place in existence.

I quit going to the game day threads a long time ago. Not because I judge the posters who frequent it, but because I know people are posting their immediate (emotional) thoughts. I've had friends that were the same way when they watch the Bengals. Every time a bad play happens, it's the end of the world. Then a good play happens and they're jumping off the couch cheering. Total roller coaster.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I quit going to the game day threads a long time ago. Not because I judge the posters who frequent it, but because I know people are posting their immediate (emotional) thoughts. I've had friends that were the same way when they watch the Bengals. Every time a bad play happens, it's the end of the world. Then a good play happens and they're jumping off the couch cheering. Total roller coaster.

Bunch of people who quit on the team in that place..... I can't go there anymore either.....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 12:10 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I quit going to the game day threads a long time ago. Not because I judge the posters who frequent it, but because I know people are posting their immediate (emotional) thoughts. I've had friends that were the same way when they watch the Bengals. Every time a bad play happens, it's the end of the world. Then a good play happens and they're jumping off the couch cheering. Total roller coaster.

(09-15-2018, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bunch of people who quit on the team in that place..... I can't go there anymore either.....

Yeah, if i cannot watch the game i go in there for updates but damn. Shocked
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2018, 05:04 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Great teams win consistently when 2 of the 3 units do a very good job or all 3 do a good job. The special teams have been very good/good.

Offense has been good, played 4 great quarters and others bad or just OK.

Defense has been good statistically, but very good at making great plays to seal the wins.

I can see this team get better, much better as the year progresses because our youth gets more experienced every snap. Th eoutlook is very bright in my opinion.

BTW..we will not be favored in either Carolina or Atlanta, so we need to pull off an upset win the next 2 games. Losing will not make us a bad team, we are supposed to lose.

Lovin' the post Luvnit. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:23 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Bunch of people who quit on the team in that place..... I can't go there anymore either.....

I wouldn't say they quit on the team so much as they wear their emotions on their sleeves, and that's just the nature of a game day thread. You're going to get instant emotional responses that aren't exactly well thought out. Think of it like Twitter.

If you can't tolerate that kind of posting, it's best to just avoid it. You'll get more rational responses once everyone has calmed down. That's why JN is closed during games.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I wouldn't say they quit on the team so much as they wear their emotions on their sleeves, and that's just the nature of a game day thread. You're going to get instant emotional responses that aren't exactly well thought out. Think of it like Twitter.

If you can't tolerate that kind of posting, it's best to just avoid it. You'll get more rational responses once everyone has calmed down. That's why JN is closed during games.

Saying "this game's over" and "we aren't gonna win this game" in the 1st quarter, is quitting on the team.... but you're right, I will avoid that place like the plague....
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2018, 09:56 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Saying "this game's over" and "we aren't gonna win this game" in the 1st quarter, is quitting on the team.... but you're right, I will avoid that place like the plague....

I think I've explained it pretty well. You're free to call it what you want in order to feel superior to other fans. Tbh, I don't know how saying "this game is over" is quitting the team. For one, we don't play for the team. We're fans on a message board. Secondly, most of those guys saying that stuff (I know the usuals) have been around the boards for 10 years or so. They're not "quitting" anything. They're venting. 

What some on here have always failed to realize is that there's more than one way to be a fan.
Reply/Quote
I get a 2015 vibe from this team. I think the team will get better as the season goes on too. The OL will gel (4/5 new players on the line), the younger inexperience players will get that valuable experience and confidence from winning (we are the youngest team in the league). Things are looking up and winning is contagious. I think we will beat an overrated Panthers team that will be desperate. The Atlanta game kind of scares me, but Miami with Burfict back and hopefully Mixon I think we will stomp. I hope that Pittsburgh falls apart from all their drama, but I'm not going to assume it's a W. The worst I see us going is 2 - 2 the next 4 games. If we go better than 4 - 2 the first 6 games of the year this teams confidence will be through the roof and I see us making it to at least the AFC championship game (as long as our key players remain relatively healthy).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote