Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This week OTAs
Vonn Bell, Germaine Pratt, and Tyler Shelvin were among the missing today. Bell and Pratt are no big deal though it is always nice to have every. Bell had flight problems. Shelvin needs all the practice time with coaches that he can get so I don't get why he wasn't here. Hopefully, he had some sort of legitimate conflict.

Jackson Carman was asked about the accusations from his Clemson days. His response was "no comment" which frankly is the best answer he can provide. He'll be sunk the minute he tries answering.

JoeyB stayed after practice to do some sprints

Both Stanley Morgan and Mike Thomas got some work as the WR4 slot.

Adeniji got some work at RG

Joesph Ossai thinks Graeters is the best ever. His go-to is a scoop of caramel macchiato and a scoop of salted caramel chip on a waffle cone

Evan is working on his clutch kicking...yep we're talking about no repeat of the Green Bay game

Hayden Hurst likes his QB

and just because we can never have too many shots of Joe to Ja'Marr

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nice Pally. I like that Hurst interview. I think he is going to have a big year if he can stay healthy.

As he said, he should get lots of mismatches with LB's trying to cover him with our top 3 WR's getting so much attention.

My prediction is Hurst gets at least 7 TD's this season and a lot of catches, around 80 or so catches.

His talent could really show here. He wasn't a first round pick for no reason. He runs crisp routes and in my opinion is a
much more natural pass catcher than Uzo. We will see how Hurst being a #1 TE benefits in him having his best season.

Being behind top TE's like Andrews and Pitts has slowed down his production big time IMO.
Reply/Quote
Thanks, Pally....I agree completely about Shelvin. He needs to take a huge step in conditioning and preparation.

I know it isn't the sexiest thing to imagine when thinking about this offense, but I can't help but think of the possibilities in terms of a rushing attack. A high % check-down attack using Boyd and Hurst (and Mixon) when Higgins and Chase are clearing things out. Sure, I love a deep ball to Chase as much as anyone, but having a consistent, grinding offense where Burrow is patient and just takes what a defense gives them will be REALLY frustrating for the opponent.

I can see a lot of teams being like: "You aren't beating us over the top!" and have two safeties really deep, and then guys like Boyd, Hurst, and Mixon/Evans just eat them alive underneath as well as just a more successful rushing attack.

All that being said, I am still holding out hopes that William Fuller IV is signed as WR4. That dude on the field WITH Chase and Higgins would be a blast, and I think he could play fewer snaps, have some big plays, and up his value for next season. I know the Bengals really liked him coming out of the draft, and due to his inability to stay healthy, I think he could be signed for a fairly cheap amount.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, Pally....I agree completely about Shelvin. He needs to take a huge step in conditioning and preparation.

I know it isn't the sexiest thing to imagine when thinking about this offense, but I can't help but think of the possibilities in terms of a rushing attack. A high % check-down attack using Boyd and Hurst (and Mixon) when Higgins and Chase are clearing things out. Sure, I love a deep ball to Chase as much as anyone, but having a consistent, grinding offense where Burrow is patient and just takes what a defense gives them will be REALLY frustrating for the opponent.

I can see a lot of teams being like: "You aren't beating us over the top!" and have two safeties really deep, and then guys like Boyd, Hurst, and Mixon/Evans just eat them alive underneath as well as just a more successful rushing attack.

All that being said, I am still holding out hopes that William Fuller IV is signed as WR4. That dude on the field WITH Chase and Higgins would be a blast, and I think he could play fewer snaps, have some big plays, and up his value for next season. I know the Bengals really liked him coming out of the draft, and due to his inability to stay healthy, I think he could be signed for a fairly cheap amount.

I'd like Fuller too. Just don't think we provide him with the situation that he needs. He could go to Green Bay, Tennessee, or hook back up with Watson in Cleveland and be much more involved.
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, Pally....I agree completely about Shelvin.  He needs to take a huge step in conditioning and preparation.  

I know it isn't the sexiest thing to imagine when thinking about this offense, but I can't help but think of the possibilities in terms of a rushing attack.  A high % check-down attack using Boyd and Hurst (and Mixon) when Higgins and Chase are clearing things out.  Sure, I love a deep ball to Chase as much as anyone, but having a consistent, grinding offense where Burrow is patient and just takes what a defense gives them will be REALLY frustrating for the opponent.

I can see a lot of teams being like:  "You aren't beating us over the top!" and have two safeties really deep, and then guys like Boyd, Hurst, and Mixon/Evans just eat them alive underneath as well as just a more successful rushing attack.

All that being said, I am still holding out hopes that William Fuller IV is signed as WR4.   That dude on the field WITH Chase and Higgins would be a blast, and I think he could play fewer snaps, have some big plays, and up his value for next season.  I know the Bengals really liked him coming out of the draft, and due to his inability to stay healthy, I think he could be signed for a fairly cheap amount.

(06-01-2022, 08:55 AM)jason Wrote: I'd like Fuller too. Just don't think we provide him with the situation that he needs. He could go to Green Bay, Tennessee, or hook back up with Watson in Cleveland and be much more involved.

Watch out for Stewy if he sees this. He absolutely wants no part of Will Fuller. I would be fine with it. He might actually 
stay healthy with much less snaps and he does provide the speed we need if he can stay healthy. Should be cheap as you
say SHRacer cause of his injured past which is also a reason why he might come here if those other teams don't want to 
gamble on his health.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 12:19 PM)pally Wrote:

Nice, perfect addition for the OL is Ted. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice perfect addition for the OL is Ted. ThumbsUp

I usually don't know much about O-linemen outside of the All-Pro level. 

And since I was not even researching the free agents I knew nothing about Karras, but you can't ask for higher praise from a better source. 

This really got me psyched.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2022, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice Pally. I like that Hurst interview. I think he is going to have a big year if he can stay healthy.

As he said, he should get lots of mismatches with LB's trying to cover him with our top 3 WR's getting so much attention.

My prediction is Hurst gets at least 7 TD's this season and a lot of catches, around 80 or so catches.

His talent could really show here. He wasn't a first round pick for no reason. He runs crisp routes and in my opinion is a
much more natural pass catcher than Uzo. We will see how Hurst being a #1 TE benefits in him having his best season.

Being behind top TE's like Andrews and Pitts has slowed down his production big time IMO.

The signing of Hurst made the loss of CJ easier to handle. I think Hurst will be just as solid as Uzi. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:02 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice, perfect addition for the OL is Ted. ThumbsUp

I really liked the value there with him too.  Could be a good veteran presence for the youth on the line, and hopefully helps synch up the collective unit.  
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 08:35 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thanks, Pally....I agree completely about Shelvin.  He needs to take a huge step in conditioning and preparation.  

I know it isn't the sexiest thing to imagine when thinking about this offense, but I can't help but think of the possibilities in terms of a rushing attack.  A high % check-down attack using Boyd and Hurst (and Mixon) when Higgins and Chase are clearing things out.  Sure, I love a deep ball to Chase as much as anyone, but having a consistent, grinding offense where Burrow is patient and just takes what a defense gives them will be REALLY frustrating for the opponent.

I can see a lot of teams being like:  "You aren't beating us over the top!" and have two safeties really deep, and then guys like Boyd, Hurst, and Mixon/Evans just eat them alive underneath as well as just a more successful rushing attack.

All that being said, I am still holding out hopes that William Fuller IV is signed as WR4.   That dude on the field WITH Chase and Higgins would be a blast, and I think he could play fewer snaps, have some big plays, and up his value for next season.  I know the Bengals really liked him coming out of the draft, and due to his inability to stay healthy, I think he could be signed for a fairly cheap amount.

(06-01-2022, 08:55 AM)jason Wrote: I'd like Fuller too. Just don't think we provide him with the situation that he needs. He could go to Green Bay, Tennessee, or hook back up with Watson in Cleveland and be much more involved.

For friggin farts sakes - No FULLER.  OMG do you guys not know a thing about him?  He drops the ball.  He's made of glass.  He's missed half of his career with injury.  And he's just damned cursed, because it seems his injuries and dropsies are all at the worst times.  "Wide open bomb for TD" - drop.  Having a great first games of the year.....oops hamstring and done or turf toe or hangnail.

No Will Fuller FFS.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I usually don't know much about O-linemen outside of the All-Pro level. 

And since I was not even researching the free agents I knew nothing about Karras, but you can't ask for higher praise from a better source. 

This really got me psyched.

Well I knew about Karras from when I watched the Pats and he seemed to always play well from what I saw.

Was for him or James Daniels in FA as a Center/Guard that was versatile. 

I actually think we got the better player even if Daniels is younger.

Billy B praise is as high of praise as you can get no question about it.

(06-01-2022, 02:17 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The signing of Hurst made the loss of CJ easier to handle. I think Hurst will be just as solid as Uzi. 

Not as good of a blocker but what we needed was a RZ threat anyways. I think Hurst could be just what we needed.

Honestly my only complaint is it is only a 1 year deal and we might lose him if he has too big of a year.

(06-01-2022, 02:19 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: I really liked the value there with him too.  Could be a good veteran presence for the youth on the line, and hopefully helps synch up the collective unit.  

Couldn't find a better guy. Ted is a leader, that is what you want at Center, a smart, hardworking leader.

(06-01-2022, 02:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: For friggin farts sakes - No FULLER.  OMG do you guys not know a thing about him?  He drops the ball.  He's made of glass.  He's missed half of his career with injury.  And he's just damned cursed, because it seems his injuries and dropsies are all at the worst times.  "Wide open bomb for TD" - drop.  Having a great first games of the year.....oops hamstring and done or turf toe or hangnail.

No Will Fuller FFS.

Told yah lol  Hilarious
Reply/Quote

Agree

Thanks for posting Pally, good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2022, 02:57 PM)Stewy Wrote: For friggin farts sakes - No FULLER.  OMG do you guys not know a thing about him?  He drops the ball.  He's made of glass.  He's missed half of his career with injury.  And he's just damned cursed, because it seems his injuries and dropsies are all at the worst times.  "Wide open bomb for TD" - drop.  Having a great first games of the year.....oops hamstring and done or turf toe or hangnail.

No Will Fuller FFS.

Let's take these in order, shall we?  

Drops:  He has had 18 drops in 330 targets across six seasons.  That's .05%  Not Larry Fitzgerald, but still not a bad %.  I have no way to quantify when these drops occurred, but I know when he played with a good QB (Watson), the Texans were a perennial playoff team.  Without him and Watson, they are dreadful.

Injuries:  Last year, he played only two games.  That is bad, but also what will make him affordable.  His previous seasons, he played (in order from most recent to when he started in the league was 11, 11, 7, 10, and 14.  So, if you take out the season last year, that's an average of 10.6 games per season, or you can say prior to last year, he started 66.3% of his games.  

Now, for what he can actually contribute:  Despite only playing in 11 games just two seasons ago, he had 53 receptions for 879 yards and 8 TDs.

Maybe he could stay healthier playing fewer snaps?  He could have a huge season statistically and up his value for a new contract next year.  The Burrow effect of players wanting to come here would only grow.

It is as simple as this:  I think no matter how fortunate the Bengals are with health, they can ALWAYS use more weapons.  Fuller is a weapon, and could possibly be signed to a very reasonable one-year deal.  He could make the team better.  There is no way in hell some UDFA is going to have the impact of a Will Fuller.  And they can afford him.  Personally, I think they are waiting to see what happens with Bates signing the tag and possibly bringing back Larry O if he is healthy.  But I would LOVE to have Fuller as WR4.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Let's take these in order, shall we?  

Drops:  He has had 18 drops in 330 targets across six seasons.  That's .05%  Not Larry Fitzgerald, but still not a bad %.  I have no way to quantify when these drops occurred, but I know when he played with a good QB (Watson), the Texans were a perennial playoff team.  Without him and Watson, they are dreadful.

Injuries:  Last year, he played only two games.  That is bad, but also what will make him affordable.  His previous seasons, he played (in order from most recent to when he started in the league was 11, 11, 7, 10, and 14.  So, if you take out the season last year, that's an average of 10.6 games per season, or you can say prior to last year, he started 66.3% of his games.  

Now, for what he can actually contribute:  Despite only playing in 11 games just two seasons ago, he had 53 receptions for 879 yards and 8 TDs.

Maybe he could stay healthier playing fewer snaps?  He could have a huge season statistically and up his value for a new contract next year.  The Burrow effect of players wanting to come here would only grow.

It is as simple as this:  I think no matter how fortunate the Bengals are with health, they can ALWAYS use more weapons.  Fuller is a weapon, and could possibly be signed to a very reasonable one-year deal.  He could make the team better.  There is no way in hell some UDFA is going to have the impact of a Will Fuller.  And they can afford him.  Personally, I think they are waiting to see what happens with Bates signing the tag and possibly bringing back Larry O if he is healthy.  But I would LOVE to have Fuller as WR4.

Hes not worth it for a 4th WR.... 
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2022, 08:56 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Hes not worth it for a 4th WR.... 

You wouldn't offer him a deal in the 4-6 million dollar range with incentives?  
Reply/Quote

4th Wide Receiver plays special teams. I dont see Will Fuller or Larry Fitzgerald playing teams.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

These pretty closely mirror my thoughts.   I would like it if the price was right, but I think he will ultimately sign somewhere with more opportunity like the Titans or Packers.  
Reply/Quote
Training camp isn’t that far away,and it’s going to be very interesting to see how things pan out.Especially with LG position.I really like the Hayden Hurst signing.I think he’ll have a very positive impact on the Offense.I’ll predict that Cordell Volson takes the starting job at LG on opening day of the season.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the updates @Pally.

I'm not a fan of seeing Adeniji at RG, but I guess I get it with Cappa out.
Would have maybe preferred Volson being there instead, but Adeniji just might be better at this very early stage.
Or maybe they just want Volson focusing at LG right now.

The WR4 spot definitely doesn't get me excited.
We've seen Mike Thomas. He's been in the league 6 years and has never had more than 13 rec, 132 yards, and 1 TD in a season.
If he's the WR4, we need to really hope there are no WR injuries.
Stanley Morgan also really hasn't done anything on offense noteworthy.
I really hope they add a vet WR4 by training camp.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote