Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Those announcers yesterday
Anyone else find them annoying ? They were so horrible and they also sounded salty about us smacking the Raiders around
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Anyone else find them annoying ? They were so horrible and they also sounded salty about us smacking the Raiders around

Probly cause the game was over to quickly to be interesting.
Reply/Quote
There are very few announcers who will be complimentary of the Bengals. If they can find a way to explain why our opponents are playing badly without giving the Bengals any credit, they will. It's always something the other team isn't doing rather than what the Bengals are doing. For me, I'm always glad that I watch the games at a bar where the Bengals are never on audio (except primetime) and I only have to endure the texts/posts from friends and family about how god awful the announcers are.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
The fact that they screw up so much with names and colleges and get paid to do it is insane. I know most if not all players and I'm just a fan. If I was paid for it, you best believe I would know even the PS players on every team.
Reply/Quote
Bengals not Bangals.

Moot point not mute point.

Simms is awful. Just awful. Really, really, really awful.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yeah that duo is 8th in the CBS rotation. Meaning they get the worst game of the week on CBS. No surprises here.

But WHY give Simms the job? Because daddy can?
Reply/Quote
*Eifert scores*

"Man, Stanford produces some great Tight Ends huh?"
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:26 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Bengals not Bangals.

Moot point not mute point.

Simms is awful. Just awful. Really, really, really awful.

I hope I don't have to sit through another Bangals game this season. I'll tell you that.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:22 PM)InTheJungleNow9 Wrote: There are very few announcers who will be complimentary of the Bengals.  If they can find a way to explain why our opponents are playing badly without giving the Bengals any credit, they will.  It's always something the other team isn't doing rather than what the Bengals are doing.  For me, I'm always glad that I watch the games at a bar where the Bengals are never on audio (except primetime) and I only have to endure the texts/posts from friends and family about how god awful the announcers are.

Same here, and I wish they'd mute the Primetime games.

(09-14-2015, 06:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I hope I don't have to sit through another Bangals game this season. I'll tell you that.

I actually walked out of their show at a club in Germany back in the day. Waste of money for that ticket. We had better bands at our high school dances.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:28 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Yeah that duo is 8th in the CBS rotation. Meaning they get the worst game of the week on CBS. No surprises here.

But WHY give Simms the job? Because daddy can?

I'd love to think its b/c it was the broadcast that had the smallest reach from a audience stand-point, but I'm going to go ahead and say CBS just thought, "They love nepotism in cincy."  (and OAK for that matter)

(09-14-2015, 06:31 PM)Stormborn Wrote: *Eifert scores*

"Man, Stanford produces some great Tight Ends huh?"

That shit was hilarious.  Think I heard a '**** stoppage' at one point too, but could have been a different game.  

Also noticed he ran out of adjectives and kept recycling 'phenomenal' and 'fantastic' over and over, and over again.

terrible.
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm the only one who actually liked Simms calling the game. I thought he did a great job and felt like he added a different perspective and better insight than most of the other QB commentators have when I have heard them. I really liked the fact that he took the time to point out how many times the Bengals ran virtually the same play from different formations and personnel looks. As the game went on he started tying that back into the different personnel groups the Bengals have and which player was being moved around and from where.

He was very complimentary of the Bengals and wasn't homering for or against anyone. I kind of think he's a D-bag as a person but, hey... can't win them all.
Reply/Quote
I watched on tv, but listened to the game on WEBN. IMO it is soooo much better.
Reply/Quote
Leon Hill was great!! LOL.
Reply/Quote
They were awful.

My dad and I made it about a quarter into the game before we muted the TV and turned on Lapham..
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I kept getting annoyed with the fact that they kept talking about how the Raiders were shutting Geno down and he wasn't doing much when anyone watching could see he was disrupting pretty much every play. This even more evidenced by his absurd PFF grade.
Reply/Quote
True story - My wife called a hotel in Cincy to make reservations for the SD game this weekend. The staff person asked why we were coming to Cincy. My wife answered - "to see the Bengals." The staff person replied - "oh, it's good to see some of these older groups. They don't tour very much anymore." She must have been related to Simms.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 08:47 PM)JADefense Wrote: True story - My wife called a hotel in Cincy to make reservations for the SD game this weekend.  The staff person asked why we were coming to Cincy.  My wife answered - "to see the Bengals."  The staff person replied - "oh, it's good to see some of these older groups.  They don't tour very much anymore."  She must have been related to Simms.

LMAO! ...... Walk like an Egyptian .....
Reply/Quote
Most of the time I had the sound down and listened to Lap and Dan. They were a few seconds ahead of the tv but it was kind of cool knowing what is going to happen before I see it.
Reply/Quote
At least we don't have to listen to that Gus Johnson guy any more. I remember when he used to be with CBS and he was like last announcing team so we always got stuck with him announcing our games back when the bengals were horrible.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2015, 06:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: Anyone else find them annoying ? They were so horrible and they also sounded salty about us smacking the Raiders around

I got a good laugh hearing Chris "I couldn't hit water if I fell out of a boat" Simms say something to the effect of "Joe Flacco will tear up this secondary if they don't close up those gaps".  Not once did he mention how Dalton was doing just that...it was as if he almost said Flacco will be better.  Yeah, ol' Flaccid really tore up Denver with his two picks, low completion % and tiny yardage. 
Reply/Quote