Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts On The 1st Round
Here's my article on some of my thoughts on how each player fits their new team and what they bring to the table:

https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/fits/
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
the Bengals did fine....filled a big hole...
but imo...
Balt had the best draft.....Lamar Jackson was the #1 steal...
SMH.....
now we have to play him twice a year.....
yikes..!!!
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2018, 08:14 PM)Steve Wrote: the Bengals did fine....filled a big hole...
but imo...
SMH.....
yikes..!!!

You could be right but without a doubt the history of predicting success of 1st round QBs is a roller coaster... I don;t know of a more unpredictable position in drafting high in the NFL but if you look at the history of centers in the 1st round a much better prediction. Also as I see the 1st two days, Baltimore drafted more future than present.. still a bit shocked that they picked two TEs in first 3 rounds especially in a overall thin TE draft.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
but imo...
SMH.....
yikes..!!!

Not pleased to see Lamar end up in our division either. 

Yet at least he is not a steeler. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not pleased to see Lamar end up in our division either. 

Vontaze says "C'mon, run it my direction".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Broncos adding Chubb at #5 to pair with Miller makes that the best pick in the 1st. With that said, I am perfectly fine with what the Bengals did in the 1st round as well. Ragnow was off the board so you go with Price who may have been the pick regardless and have an immediate upgrade at a position that has desperately needed it since Rich Braham was here.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
but imo...
SMH.....
yikes..!!!

a Steel if he turns into a good NFL QB...  His play style though tends to have a low career lenght expectancy
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vontaze says "C'mon, run it my direction".

Burfict Brown Jefferson     All looking forward to it
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2018, 09:58 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Vontaze says "C'mon, run it my direction".

Unfortunately  know that Vontaze is suspended at least for the first game they play each other.

Doubt Jackson will play much in that one though.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 12:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Burfict Brown Jefferson     All looking forward to it

Brown will try to get his former teammate per being on opposite teams now. 

Yet doubt Preston is looking forward to it much.  

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Preston Brown will tell you that only Ohio State and Alabama have had more 1st round draft picks than Louisville in the last 5 years.

Go Cards !

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
but imo...
SMH.....
yikes..!!!

(04-28-2018, 09:35 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Not pleased to see Lamar end up in our division either. 

He's a running QB.  And before you throw his passing stats at me, it is a fact that the threat of him running sets up his passing.  Period.

He won't be a constant threat to run because they'll train it out of him.  If he is made to throw all the time he's going to get eaten up.  If he runs, he's going to get clobbered.

I'm not worried about him in the division at all.
Reply/Quote
(05-01-2018, 09:00 PM)Stewy Wrote: He's a running QB.  And before you throw his passing stats at me, it is a fact that the threat of him running sets up his passing.  Period.

He won't be a constant threat to run because they'll train it out of him.  If he is made to throw all the time he's going to get eaten up.  If he runs, he's going to get clobbered.

I'm not worried about him in the division at all.

then you will learn the HARD WAY.....
he can run & throw....
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 08:54 AM)Steve Wrote: then you will learn the HARD WAY.....
he can run & throw....

I stand by my statements.  Running QBs don't work in the NFL, but believe what you like.
Reply/Quote
I think the best overall pick in Rd 1 from a value standpoint is Derwin James at 17. I saw him as an absolute top 10 pick, and maybe even higher than that. Especially given the QBs available. Outside of QB, he was a top 5 talent, and they got him at 17.

I love the pick of Price, but I would have been calling San Diego....and not because it means "A Whale's Vagina".
Reply/Quote
(05-05-2018, 03:38 PM)Stewy Wrote: I stand by my statements.  Running QBs don't work in the NFL, but believe what you like.

What is a "running" quarterback?

Steve Young had close to 4,300 rushing yards and 43 TDs while on starting in 143 games. Which is actually a really crazy stat when you realize the era he played in.
Russell Wilson can also run the ball very well and has been to two Super Bowls and is the only reason that offense wasn't more of a dumpster fire.

What constitutes as a rushing quarterback?
There's quite a few pocket passers that don't work in the NFL as well. I can name far more of them than running quarterbacks.

Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 09:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: What is a "running" quarterback?

Steve Young had close to 4,300 rushing yards and 43 TDs while on starting in 143 games. Which is actually a really crazy stat when you realize the era he played in.
Russell Wilson can also run the ball very well and has been to two Super Bowls and is the only reason that offense wasn't more of a dumpster fire.

There's quite a few pocket passers that don't work in the NFL as well. I can name far more of them than running quarterbacks.

Steve Young averaged 30 yards rushing per game, in an era when sacks counted against the QBs rushing total.  He was a good scrambler, and made some timely use of the QB draw.  However, I never thought of him as a guy that was looking to run it downfield.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 09:35 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: What is a "running" quarterback?

damn and here I thought they were riding marshawn lynch to those SB's and the Elite level D...

Considering they still have Russell Wilson... they have 1/3 of those things left and he isn't elevating them to anywhere lately.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2018, 09:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Steve Young averaged 30 yards rushing per game, in an era when sacks counted against the QBs rushing total.  He was a good scrambler, and made some timely use of the QB draw.  However, I never thought of him as a guy that was looking to run it downfield.

So a running quarterback is someone who looks to run more than throwing? Or is able to run along with the ability to throw?

(05-08-2018, 05:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: damn and here I thought they were riding marshawn lynch to those SB's and the Elite level D...

Considering they still have Russell Wilson...  they have 1/3 of those things left and he isn't elevating them to anywhere lately.

They've never had a losing season with Wilson . Never had a QB rating under 92.
QB rating of 94.1 throughout all of his playoff games (12). Four 4th quarter comebacks along with 4 game winning drives.
He's also won at least one playoff game every year.

Since their Super Bowl run, Wilson is 29-18-1. That's through 3 years.
89 passing TDs and 30 INTs.
Wilson is the ONLY reason the Seahawks had a winning season last year.

Also, Lynch was great during those times, don't get me wrong. But Wilson also did extremely well in critical points.

If he wasn't their QB last year, they're near the bottom of the league.

Reply/Quote
(05-08-2018, 06:30 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: So a running quarterback is someone who looks to run more than throwing? Or is able to run along with the ability to throw?

All I'm saying is that Lamar Jackson reminds me much more of Braxton Miller than he does Tom Brady.  And I'm not talking about physical appearance.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote