Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts from the Bears game.
(08-30-2015, 10:42 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I didn't get to see the game, hopefully will get to on NFL Rewind, but it sounds like we looked a heck of a lot better.  Glad to see we looked better than last week.  Hopefully things are starting to come together and we continue to gather steam.

It's good to see that Carter looked good again.  I hope he makes the team and can provide that something extra that can get us some pressure and sacks.

I am in the same boat, NFL Network will show it at 3AM Monday morning. 

The QB accuracy sounds much much better as well as most other aspects of the game.

Carter surely seems like a keeper!
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:16 AM)Beaker Wrote: With Burkhead shining as a slot WR, the Bengals could afford to keep one less from the WR group. Burkhead's versatility means we could keep another LB...or decide some other back end roster position later when Burfict comes off the injured list. With a thin LB corps, I would like to see the cut come from some other group.

I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but why not cut peerman, other guys can do special teams, and we have some talent that needs to be held on to, stash watson or wilder on the PS in case of injury and roll with 4 rb Hill,Gio,Burkhead,hewitt
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:29 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but why not cut peerman, other guys can do special teams, and we have some talent that needs to be held on to, stash watson or wilder on the PS in case of injury and roll with 4 rb Hill,Gio,Burkhead,hewitt

I think you definitely need to hold on to Watson. I would love to see them give him some runs against 1s or 2s on Thursday. That guy is a tough runner.
Reply/Quote
Get Carter!
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:23 AM)M.W. Wrote: I am in the same boat, NFL Network will show it at 3AM Monday morning. 

The QB accuracy sounds much much better as well as most other aspects of the game.

Carter surely seems like a keeper!

Haha!!!  Yeah, I have my DVR set to record already!  lol

It certainly sounded like we looked better in many ways.

No doubt!!!  I sure hope we find space for him.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:29 AM)fozzie11 Wrote: I'm probably gonna get flamed for this but why not cut peerman, other guys can do special teams, and we have some talent that needs to be held on to, stash watson or wilder on the PS in case of injury and roll with 4 rb Hill,Gio,Burkhead,hewitt

(08-30-2015, 11:30 AM)Beaker Wrote: I think you definitely need to hold on to Watson. I would love to see them give him some runs against 1s or 2s on Thursday. That guy is a tough runner.

I'm a big Peerman fan, but I do think we need to keep Watson, even if it means letting Peerman go.  I like Wilder too.  If we could keep him on the PS another year, that would be great.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
Alabama Jesus looked good (talks of "shot arm" may have been premature)

Bodine looked much better (snaps are not an issue in games)

Chris Carter makes the 53 (Has Marvin found his Boulware2)

I think a couple 2nd rounders will be looking for work (Still, Hunt)

Is Brandon Thompson still on the team

Andre Smith looked awesome (I think he will be on the team longer than Whit)

I expected more out of CJ Uzomah (should have kept Gresham)

Leon Hall has been invisible (not that that's a bad thing)

Peko looked like Peko (with definitely be looking at NTs in the college games)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 11:42 AM)PApinhead Wrote: I'm a big Peerman fan, but I do think we need to keep Watson, even if it means letting Peerman go.  I like Wilder too.  If we could keep him on the PS another year, that would be great.

Watson goes 242.  That's crazy.  He has the wiggle of a much smaller dude.  I hope we can keep him too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Where was Moore? Have we seen the last of him? Doesn't seem like he's gotten much of a chance.

And why was Tate returning all those punts? They don't already know him as a returner? I thought they were checking out other guys.

I have a queasy feeling Tate has made the team. Someone please tell me it isn't so.

I think I'm a Nico fan. Is Hawk a lock?

Vinny Rey is a starter going into the season, isn't he?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: Where was Moore?  Have we seen the last of him?  Doesn't seem like he's gotten much of a chance.

And why was Tate returning all those punts?  They don't already know him as a returner?  I thought they were checking out other guys.

I have a queasy feeling Tate has made the team.  Someone please tell me it isn't so.  

I think I'm a Nico fan.  Is Hawk a lock?

I'm guessing you didn't know he was a captain last night. He's in.

Probably go the main 3 plus Tate and Alford, stash Kumerow on the PS and bring him up if injuries occur.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:49 PM)Stormborn Wrote: I'm guessing you didn't know he was a captain last night. He's in.

Probably go the main 3 plus Tate and Alford, stash Kumerow on the PS and bring him up if injuries occur.

Tate was a captain?

PS--you were supposed to tell me it wasn't so.

Reply/Quote
MLJ and Geno were God
Peko and Bodine were God awful
AJ looked Competent
Carter deserves a spot
5 receivers make this team
Reply/Quote
The amount of penalties was unacceptable, I know it's pre-season but for the dress rehearsal game, far too many.

The O-line had a poor showing.
Reply/Quote
Gio Bernard looks terrible. I see no reason to let him on the field. He's not fooling anybody.

AJ looks great.

Offense looks fine if everyone stays healthy.

Defense is gonna be a question mark all season. I really don't see this defense being that great.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:55 PM)kramer1 Wrote: Gio Bernard looks terrible. I see no reason to let him on the field. He's not fooling anybody.

AJ looks great.

Offense looks fine if everyone stays healthy.

Defense is gonna be a question mark all season. I really don't see this defense being that great.

MJ will help a lot,  make them much stronger against the run.  Burfict will help too, of course.  Goebbels seems pretty sure he starts the year on PUP.

Somebody has to be able to take snaps from Peko.  He can NOT play more than rotational snaps.  Hope Sims can stay in the lineup.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: MJ will help a lot,  make them much stronger against the run.  Burfict will help too, of course.  Goebbels seems pretty sure he starts the year on PUP.

Somebody has to be able to take snaps from Peko.  He can NOT play more than rotational snaps.  Hope Sims can stay in the lineup.

^^^  Exactly what I'm thinking.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:47 PM)McC Wrote: Where was Moore?  Have we seen the last of him?  Doesn't seem like he's gotten much of a chance.

And why was Tate returning all those punts?  They don't already know him as a returner?  I thought they were checking out other guys.

I have a queasy feeling Tate has made the team.  Someone please tell me it isn't so.  

I think I'm a Nico fan.  Is Hawk a lock?

Vinny Rey is a starter going into the season, isn't he?

Why wouldn't Tate make the team? And why do you have a problem with it? I would say he's a lock.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:02 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Why wouldn't Tate make the team? And why do you have a problem with it? I would say he's a lock.

His biggest contribution is not dropping punts.  Seems like we've gotten to a place in our roster development where a guy might have to bring more than that to the table.

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 01:02 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Why wouldn't Tate make the team? And why do you have a problem with it? I would say he's a lock.

Unless we scoop someone off waivers. 

I don't understand why we have Gio back there fielding punts when you have Mario Alford.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2015, 12:59 PM)McC Wrote: MJ will help a lot,  make them much stronger against the run.  Burfict will help too, of course.  Goebbels seems pretty sure he starts the year on PUP.

Johnson has been out a month. Burfict has been out forever and will probably not be available til November 1st. Peko stinks. LB'er is a huge question mark. This team is gonna give up some points, I think.
Reply/Quote