Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Thoughts on Dre K ?
(12-13-2015, 09:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So we've seen Dre K play as much as he ever has in the past.  

Do you guys think he's someone we should retain?

Yes, he could be extended probably cheap and while he was wildly inconsistent meshed with some really bad calls, he really improved the second half of the season. Remeber A Brown only had 47 yds the first game and like 85 yds the second game, plus you don't just get rid of serviceable guys when you're not buried with depth.
Reply/Quote
With how teams are paying our FA right now.. I say no. The guy above me said we can get him for cheap, but I can see some team overpaying for "swagger".

He is a better corner than we make it sound on here. He has value, and other teams may blindly buy into that.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:17 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: So we've seen Dre K play as much as he ever has in the past.  

Yes Dre needs to stay hes was very good most of the year last year.

#1 corner on what was the #1 Scoring defense for much of the season.

Hes under contract for this season as we picked up his option... So extenstion will probly be explored during camp
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 03:04 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yes Dre needs to stay hes was very good most of the year last year.

#1 corner on what was the #1 Scoring defense for much of the season.

Hes under contract for this season as we picked up his option...   So extenstion will probly be explored during camp

You think Kirkpatrick was the number one corner last year?  I think most people would agree that was Mr. Jones playing on the opposite side.  And if they are going to extend him, they should do it sooner than camp so that they can free up cap space.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 05:11 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You think Kirkpatrick was the number one corner last year?  I think most people would agree that was Mr. Jones playing on the opposite side.  And if they are going to extend him, they should do it sooner than camp so that they can free up cap space.

i could be off thought i'd seen him shadowing some 1s this year but he played well enough in his first full year of action to keep him around i believe.

It could happen sooner to open space. I just said camp because thats seems to be the time we explore extenstions the most.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 05:37 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: i could be off thought i'd seen him shadowing some 1s this year  but he played well enough in his first full year of action to keep him around i believe.

It could happen sooner to open space.  I just said camp because thats seems to be the time we explore extenstions the most.

The Bengals don't really use #1 CB. We use LCB and RCB. They don't shadow players. We had to adjust in the first Pittsburgh game because Pittsburgh was abusing Dre early on. They used Pacman to shadow Brown until Dre calmed down.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Corner like most positions is one that usually takes awhile to get really good at. He's fine and will get better. I remember a few years ago when Jones looked pretty bad and got badly smoked on several plays,but now he's the shutdown corner because of experience . Of course we could always get hysterical and demand that every player go to the probowl every season or get cut immediately..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I had mentioned freeing him up with other players in order to retain what i believe to be better players to help us win now. After seeing what those better players got, i'm fine with continuing the DreK experiment. Sometimes these things take time and at least he made it through the season without getting broken. Progress already

Reply/Quote
I think Dre is a pretty good CB. I wouldn't be mad with an extension at all. Prob way cheaper then signing him next season if he has a good year. Teams love overpaying for CB's.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Your opinion defies reality.  If he was always 4-6 step behind the receiver then we would give up tons of long pass plays.  Yet we finished NUMBER ONE in the league in fewest pass plays allowed of 20+ yards and #4 in fewest 40+ yard completions allowed.

it may do it Fred. just seems he always behind and handsy. I'm sure I'm overestimating steps,
, not saying he's awful

guess it just maybe I don't like him.  but as I said I respect your answer and try to look at him closer. I may be way off base on my analyst. just what I've seen.  Whatever
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
2nd in missed tackles among CB
11th in YAC allowed
3rd in penalties among all positions

PFF's (admittedly not an automatic truth, but interesting) 9th worst CB last year.

Thankfully Adam and Reggie were absolutely tearing it up last year.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2015, 09:31 PM)Rattler Wrote: Craptrick reminds me of burnt toast.  Doesn't play smart, consistently over pursues and always seems to draw a needless flag.

He can't tackle worth a shit either...  He's whack.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 07:24 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: it may do it Fred. just seems he always behind and handsy. I'm sure I'm overestimating steps,
, not saying he's awful

guess it just maybe I don't like him.  but as I said I respect your answer and try to look at him closer. I may be way off base on my analyst. just what I've seen.  Whatever
Your lying eyes aren't fooling you...  Dre is garbage.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Dre is trash...gets beat way too often and is terrible at tackling !!
Reply/Quote

Bad hips, bad at turning his head, bad tackler, bad with penalties, bad at getting beat, the worst CB on the field, lost his ballhawking ability...

Eh, what do yah think Rocker?
Reply/Quote
I don't think Dre is as bad as he's made out to be. Some of those penalties were ticky-tacky and some other corners might have gotten those calls. Some were legit calls for sure.

But Dre was part of one of the best overall secondaries in the league, which is returning everyone but Nelson, who was pretty darn good.

Still, I look for the Bengals to select a corner in this year's draft, but with how free agency turned out it probably won't be in the 1st round. Hall is gone and Dennard is coming of injury = we'll want more depth at the position.

Reply/Quote
Pacman's signing may directly affect negotiations with Dre, and it could be a win/win for both sides. Dre's camp could have more leverage in their opinion but Cincy wouldn't franchise him or overpay him as some other teams may with the question marks they have in the short term at CB. Now Cincy can play through the year and if Dennard is up to speed by the end of the year and looks like a starter then they may transition Dre and let him come back with the biggest ACTUAL offer to match or pass on. I'll echo what others say that there should be one more corner at some point, and hopefully Dre brings his A game in his contract year. The good news is he isn't handcuffing them.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Corner like most positions is one that usually takes awhile to get really good at. He's fine and will get better. I remember a few years ago when Jones looked pretty bad and got badly smoked on several plays,but now he's the shutdown corner because of experience .  Of course we could always get hysterical and demand that every player go to the probowl every season or get cut immediately..

You wouldn't be so supportive of him if this thread was about how bad dre k. Sucks at fishing. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 06:19 PM)grampahol Wrote: Corner like most positions is one that usually takes awhile to get really good at. He's fine and will get better. I remember a few years ago when Jones looked pretty bad and got badly smoked on several plays,but now he's the shutdown corner because of experience .  Of course we could always get hysterical and demand that every player go to the probowl every season or get cut immediately..

It normally doesn't take 5 years. By normally, I mean for everyone who isn't a bust.

Jones looked bad then because he was out of the league for a year prior to that. He didn't play in 2009 or 2007. Anyone who is out of football for 2 of the last 3 years will be rusty.

There's a pretty big difference between not wanting the 9th worst CB in the league at $7.5m and demanding a perennial Pro Bowler. The fact that you think it can only be one extreme or the other is the truly hysterical part.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 08:23 PM)jason Wrote: Your lying eyes aren't fooling you...  Dre is garbage.

ThumbsUp Thanks for the confirmation Jason. rep to you sir. I didn't want to get in a pissing match with anyone, but I wish they cut him and use that money to resign Reggie. I've never liked Dre. just my opinion,but he shouldn't be starting. Reggie getting up there in age and led the league in interceptions for most of the year. 
He still got 2-3 good years left and I may be wrong but I don't think Dre had 1last year and in fact I can just think or 5 or6 he has had in his 4 years and gets plenty pass interference especially on deep throws, cut him his7 million [maybe wrong on these numbers] would go a long ways in retaining an bringing someone in maybe a good center, Bodine just seems to be the weakness of the line. just my opinion.  Rock On
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote