Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Ravens
WR Rashod Bateman is in a walking boot with a foot injury. He's day-to-day (yeah right...a WR with a mild midfoot sprain is often out weeks)

RB Justice Hill will likely be out with a groin injury

https://forum.russellstreetreport.com/showthread.php?233416-On-to-Cincinnati

https://purpleflock.com/threads/6100/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Either all in or all out.. Seems I recall that same feeling.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Ravens are banged the hell up and there seems to be team dissention coming off an emotional week. We are catching them at a good time.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm actually shocked at how many things they get factually wrong in just the first few posts of their thread here:

Quote:Anyone feeling good about the Bengals game next week? They're at home on 10 days rest.
Nope. We're in Baltimore.

Quote:They lost to Cooper Rush and Joe Flacco. It’s a division game so it will be tight but no one should be shaking in their boots.
Nope. It was Cooper Rush and Mitch Trubisky. We beat Joe Flacco.

Quote:They’re wearing color rush. They are guaranteed to win
As far as I can tell, both teams wore their color rush jerseys in week 4, so I doubt either team is going to wear their color rushes for week 5 as well.

Quote:Cincinnati is gonna put up 55 on this defense.

Ravens will be getting pitty points from refball at the end of the first half
Not a factually wrong statement but holy shit, they are so down on their defense haha. I thought their secondary was supposed to be the best in the nation...

Quote:Watch us get little pressure on Joe "200 sack pace" Burrow. Nobody is covering that receiving corp for 4seconds or longer.
He is currently on pace for 68 sacks, not 200 sacks...

Quote:Cincys o line is bad again. If we can't get pressure this week we never will.

I'm not sure how good cincys coach is, I'd expect us to look good early and then not adjust like always. Perhaps we win by 20, or we lose after a second half let down again

Our Oline is not the "get right" Oline this year that many think it is. 3 true sacks in two games where there isn't a game wrecker at OLB.

And our defense has given up 1 TD in the last 11 quarters of football they've played (And 4 TDs total this season). I'm not sure why he expects them to look good early, but that has nothing to do with our defense or how it's coaches.

Quote:Hopefully Joe Burrow has an off day. We simply don’t have the horses to guard all of their weapons. Boyd/Chase/Higgins against this secondary scares the shit out of me. But what might frighten me the most is Queen trying to guard Mixon.

We need to score at least 30 next week to have a chance.
Quote:Bengals haven't really gotten it going on offense yet this year. But if there's a team you want to play to give your offense a confidence boost, it's the Ravens.
Okay, seriously. What's going on. They have Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and Chuck Clark in the secondary. Are they dealing with injuries, is that group wildly underperforming or what? The pessimism in that thread is ridiculous for a team that is seconds away from being 4-0.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 05:52 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm actually shocked at how many things they get factually wrong in just the first few posts of their thread here:

Nope. We're in Baltimore.

Nope. It was Cooper Rush and Mitch Trubisky. We beat Joe Flacco.

As far as I can tell, both teams wore their color rush jerseys in week 4, so I doubt either team is going to wear their color rushes for week 5 as well.

Not a factually wrong statement but holy shit, they are so down on their defense haha. I thought their secondary was supposed to be the best in the nation...

He is currently on pace for 68 sacks, not 200 sacks...

Our Oline is not the "get right" Oline this year that many think it is. 3 true sacks in two games where there isn't a game wrecker at OLB.

And our defense has given up 1 TD in the last 11 quarters of football they've played (And 4 TDs total this season). I'm not sure why he expects them to look good early, but that has nothing to do with our defense or how it's coaches.

Okay, seriously. What's going on. They have Marlon Humphrey, Marcus Peters, Marcus Williams, Kyle Hamilton and Chuck Clark in the secondary. Are they dealing with injuries, is that group wildly underperforming or what? The pessimism in that thread is ridiculous for a team that is seconds away from being 4-0.

yes to injuries and underperforming.  The Ravens are last or close to last in passing yards given up.  Tee and Ja'Marr could go off.

Reply/Quote
Yup they are pretty down. Hit by the injury bug pretty bad again it looks like, and the stupidity of Harbaugh piled on top of it. I'd be pissed.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Well the Russell Street is either they crush us or we crush them. That other forum is a bit delusional thinking the players are going to take personally and avenge fired DC Wink Martindale over Burrow punking him last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 05:39 PM)grampahol Wrote: Either all in or all out.. Seems I recall that same feeling.. 

The more you read other teams boards the more you see the same type of stuff is in every single fanbase.

You have the homers that take any post that is critical of their favorite player(s) or the team in general as an insult and get ready to get all up in arms.

You have the pessimist who are just always complaining about the coaching or the players or the owner or something.

The "Football guys" who hang around and act like they have "inside info" or know more then other posters and talk down to those who think differently then them. Usually claiming they have connections to twitter experts and such. 

Then there is a good size clump in the middle that can see both the good and bad. The group that doesn't think every turn over is the end of the game or season and gets that there will be bumps in the road. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Any game on any NFL teams schedule is easily a battle. Doesn't matter who plays who. Any team is capable of winning on any day. Talk of Ravens with injuries again this year, true but so are we with Reader out and Mixon with a hurt ankle, Sample out with surgery, (I know, not the fan favorite) and whoever else hurting. They will play with a chip after last year, in their backyard on national TV. I expect a rough game and if they can leave there with a win it would be huge.
Reply/Quote
Their pass defense (according to them) is ranked last 5 in the league, didn't check.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the Russell Street is either they crush us or we crush them. That other forum is a bit delusional thinking the players are going to take personally and avenge fired DC Wink Martindale over Burrow punking him last year.

Yeah these are grown up professionals. Wink ain’t there anymore and they don’t care. They’re probably glad he’s gone and not shooting his mouth off.

Btw…Ravens are giving 3. First time the Bengals aren’t favored.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Their pass defense (according to them) is ranked last 5 in the league, didn't check.

It wouldn't surprise me because their secondary is pretty bad.

I think Burrow goes off for 5 TDs and Mixon adds two!
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:40 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Any game on any NFL teams schedule is easily a battle. Doesn't matter who plays who. Any team is capable of winning on any day. Talk of Ravens with injuries again this year, true but so are we with Reader out and Mixon with a hurt ankle, Sample out with surgery, (I know, not the fan favorite) and whoever else hurting. They will play with a chip after last year, in their backyard on national TV. I expect a rough game and if they can leave there with a win it would be huge.

I don’t think very many people think it will be a cake walk. I see it as a toss up. Two weeks ago I would have thought the Bengals could get a beat down. If Lamar is throwing well it is a real big ask to stop him throwing and running.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 07:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me because their secondary is pretty bad.

Mixon can’t score from the 2 yard line most of the time.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: Well the Russell Street is either they crush us or we crush them. That other forum is a bit delusional thinking the players are going to take personally and avenge fired DC Wink Martindale over Burrow punking him last year.

Yea, second forum is pretty bad with a lot of ignorance. The first seemed pretty typical for what you see. 

My favorite though is the guy saying he's most scared of Mixon. Clearly knows a lot about the Bengals season so far. 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:51 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Their pass defense (according to them) is ranked last 5 in the league, didn't check.

well they have given up the most yards, with a good amount of points, middle road in sacks with 8 but tops in league with 7 Ints... 
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 06:07 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: The more you read other teams boards the more you see the same type of stuff is in every single fanbase.

You have the homers that take any post that is critical of their favorite player(s) or the team in general as an insult and get ready to get all up in arms.

You have the pessimist who are just always complaining about the coaching or the players or the owner or something.

The "Football guys" who hang around and act like they have "inside info" or know more then other posters and talk down to those who think differently then them. Usually claiming they connections to twitter experts and such. 

Then there is a good size clump in the middle that can see both the good and bad. The group that doesn't think every turn over is the end of the game or season and gets that there will be bumps in the road. 

I laughed at this one.  I was reading the Bills game day thread.  The comments from the first half of the game could have been from one of our game day threads.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 08:54 PM)pally Wrote: I laughed at this one.  I was reading the Bills game day thread.  The comments from the first half of the game could have been from one of our game day threads.

They are all the same (us included) across the league before during and after the game.

Reply/Quote
(10-03-2022, 07:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It wouldn't surprise me because their secondary is pretty bad.

You think we score 7 touchdowns? 
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2022, 12:41 AM)TheFan Wrote: You think we score 7 touchdowns? 

I'm all for it even if i think i have a better shot at making the team to take JoeyBs place and bump him to the practice squad ...Im 63 with really bad legs and a torn rotator cuff.. I CAN DO IT! 

Maybe not..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote