Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
(11-22-2022, 12:02 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I'm not 100% sure this fan watches football haha.

We were literally the most explosive team in football last year. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:46 AM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Morning Y’all.

The Titans offense has been a big problem for most of the season and our inability to score points is a well worn problem. The irony is that once we get to the red zone, we’re one of the best in the league to put it in the end zone. But that’s balanced against a lot of 3 and outs or 3 and long situations.

Last weeks game against Green Bay on Thursday night was the best outing the offense has seen since last season. It was helped by rookie Traylen Burks coming back from IR (turf toe) and some of the other young players who can catch the ball beginning to come into their own. The fact that we don’t have AJ Brown anymore is pretty obvious to production numbers.

That being said, the defense is elite and gets more out of rushing 4 than any other team. The Titans rarely blitz since we don’t really have to, which helps against the passing game. Jeffrey Simmons is one of the best inside linebackers in the game and always draws a double team (and still manages to get through). The big question this week is whether Denico Autry’s knee injury is serious or not (no word yet).  Harold Landry who was one of our sack leaders last year suffered a ACL tear in preseason but the rest of the defense hasn’t missed a beat. But the big issue is that we put Burrow on the ground NINE times and still lost. We still must do better.

Thanks for the info.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:52 AM)Whacked Wrote: Tannehill is not elite but competent/decent. He is under-rated and catches more flack for not being elite than other middle bracket QB’s.

IMO, he is efficient and can be accurate when he is dialed in.

In some ways, he reminds me of a more consistent Dalton ~ dances in the middle tier of decent QB’s who can play very well at times (and poor too) but mostly tends to dance near the top of this middle tier (largely due to the run game and his arm not being overly relied upon).

B/C of the adequate talent around him, he does pretty well; especially being efficient in his role as the QB of a run-heavy O

Tenn is a good team and well-coached. They should be taken very seriously.

This coupled w the lack of Awuzie and Chase - make me very nervous for this one.

Probably the most fair assessment I’ve seen from a non-Titans fan. One thing we do know is that Tannehill gives us the best chance to win. The rookie Malik Willis who started two games when Tannehill was injured isn’t ready by a long shot.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:05 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The Bungles died when Carson Palmer came along as far as I'm concerned. They have had really successful teams over the past two decades.

That being said, I think this game is going to be super interesting and a measuring stick game for both teams. The Bengals have played teams that mirror the Titans all year. The Jets, Steelers, Browns, Cowboys come to mind. Elite defenses but "lacking" on offense. Some games turned out OK, others not so much. 

That being said, the Bengals are playing really well right now and their OL looks the best it has looked in years. I think that could be the difference maker. 

True. The Bengals are good, no doubt but the Cleveland game was ugly and only two weeks ago. Yes it’s a division game but the Browns aren’t going anywhere this season. And you guys still have to prove you can knock off the Ravens. No one in the AFC South scares me except the Colts and we already dispatched them twice early in the season. Playing Houston is a Madden stats game for Derrick Henry. The Jags are better but not good and can’t be overlooked, especially down the stretch where we’ll need every AFC victory.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:19 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: True. The Bengals are good, no doubt but the Cleveland game was ugly and only two weeks ago. Yes it’s a division game but the Browns aren’t going anywhere this season. And you guys still have to prove you can knock off the Ravens. No one in the AFC South scares me except the Colts and we already dispatched them twice early in the season. Playing Houston is a Madden stats game for Derrick Henry. The Jags are better but not good and can’t be overlooked, especially down the stretch where we’ll need every AFC victory.

The browns game was four weeks ago (two games plus a bye). Point stands, and it was ugly. It was also the first game without Chase. This is a resilient team. I believe the bengals win this game. Why?

1. The bengals need it more.
2. They will contain Derrick Henry (he still might get to 100 and a TD)
3. Burrow > Tannehill
4. Upgraded OL, titans won’t get to him like last year.
5. If chase comes back, this offense will be really hard to stop. Even without chase, the bengals are getting everyone involved in their respective roles.

Awuzie out hurts us, a lot. But I feel like the bengals get 27 this weekend and I don’t see the titans matching that total. I could be totally wrong, but it’s just a gut feel.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:19 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: True. The Bengals are good, no doubt but the Cleveland game was ugly and only two weeks ago. Yes it’s a division game but the Browns aren’t going anywhere this season. And you guys still have to prove you can knock off the Ravens. No one in the AFC South scares me except the Colts and we already dispatched them twice early in the season. Playing Houston is a Madden stats game for Derrick Henry. The Jags are better but not good and can’t be overlooked, especially down the stretch where we’ll need every AFC victory.

Beat them last year with a nearly identical team (maybe a better D this year) and should've won this year; wasn't like the Browns game where we were clearly out of it and they flat-out beat us, so I don't think we need to prove anything against the Ravens.

We need to show we can beat the Browns though, I agree.

I've never had an issue with the Titans and their fans (one my closest friends is a Titans fan), until last year. Between the:

- Bengal fan who was mugged, beaten and hospitalized by Titans fans (not sure what came of the sitch and if the truth came out that it wasn't like that at all, then I retract).
- The douchebag fans that treated our fans like crap during the game.
- The douchebag fans on Twitter, saying nasty and horrible things (even worse than the Chefs fans).
- Your abhorrently immature, whiney and loser LockedOn host. This ahole REALLY dropped my opinion of your fanbase and ability to be objective. What a POS.

I now have absolutely 0 respect for the Titans fanbase and have no sympathy if things go wrong; **** all y'all, as the saying goes.

You've been respectful, Mr. Sevenfeet, so I thank you for that and I wish no ill will towards you ThumbsUp

As for the team, our oline is much improved, especially on the interior (where Simmons had most of his success in the playoff game) so I don't forsee a repeat of earlier this year.

But I think it'll be a close game regardless. Will be fun to watch!
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beat them last year with a nearly identical team (maybe a better D this year) and should've won this year; wasn't like the Browns game where we were clearly out of it and they flat-out beat us, so I don't think we need to prove anything against the Ravens.

I've never had an issue with the Titans and their fans (one my closest friends is a Titans fan), until last year. Between the:

- Bengal fan who was mugged, beaten and hospitalized by Titans fans (not sure what came of the sitch and if the truth came out that it wasn't like that at all, then I retract).
- The douchebag fans on Twitter, saying nasty and horrible things (even worse than the Chefs fans).
- Your abhorrently immature, whiney and loser LockedOn host. This ahole REALLY dropped my opinion of your fanbase and ability to be objective. What a POS.

I now have absolutely 0 respect for the Titans fanbase and have no sympathy if things go wrong; **** all y'all, as the saying goes.

You've been respectful, Mr. Sevenfeet, so I thank you for that and I wish no ill will towards you ThumbsUp

As for the team, our oline is much improved, especially on the interior (where Simmons had most of his success in the playoff game) so I don't forsee a repeat of earlier this year.

Social media was unbearable last year the week leading up to the game. I've found Titan's fans to have a real insecurity about them. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:19 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: True. The Bengals are good,  no doubt but the Cleveland game was ugly and only two weeks ago.  Yes it’s a division game but the Browns aren’t going anywhere this season. And you guys still have to prove you can knock off the Ravens. No one in the AFC South scares me except the Colts and we already dispatched them twice early in the season. Playing Houston is a Madden stats game for Derrick Henry. The Jags are better but not good and can’t be overlooked, especially down the stretch where we’ll need every AFC victory.

I'm not sure what's up with our recent play against Cleveland.  It's been bad for a minute now, and really seems it shouldn't be.  As far as the Ravens, I feel like this Bengals team has shown they can knock them off.  

The Titans are a solid team.  Defense, run game, competent quarterback.  They're not a sexy pick by any means, and can be neutralized as seen in the playoffs last year, but they're a team that absolutely can win any given week against any team.  They're not a team I'd want to face week after week.  But neither are the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 12:29 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: The browns game was four weeks ago (two games plus a bye).  Point stands, and it was ugly.  It was also the first game without Chase.  This is a resilient team.  I believe the bengals win this game.  Why?

1. The bengals need it more.
2. They will contain Derrick Henry (he still might get to 100 and a TD)
3. Burrow > Tannehill
4. Upgraded OL, titans won’t get to him like last year.
5. If chase comes back, this offense will be really hard to stop.  Even without chase, the bengals are getting everyone involved in their respective roles.

Awuzie out hurts us, a lot.  But I feel like the bengals get 27 this weekend and I don’t see the titans matching that total. I could be totally wrong, but it’s just a gut feel.

1. The Titans have a bad habit of laying a egg in games to extend our lead and create playoff opportunities, rather than "must win". It's not that it happens often, but it's a few too many times for me against teams you can beat.

2. "Containing" Derrick Henry last week was 87 yards on the ground, a running TD and he threw a touchdown too. He was one tackle away from a receiving TD. This was somehow considered an "ok" game by everyone. (even in Nashville)

3. Debatable right now but Burrow has much more long term upside. A Super Bowl appearance doesn't hurt the resume.

4. Again, debatable. But the Titans aren't the best in the pass by stats. The good news for us is that this appears to be getting better versus the first 4 games. But I'll put our D-line against anyone in the league right now.

5. Mike Keith the radio broadcast "Voice of the Titans" said this week that Chase is only "one of the scariest players in football right now". So yes, I think we're planning for him to play.

27 points would probably be a victory for you guys, but only one team (Buffalo) has scored that many on us this season. Even the Chiefs only got 20 and that was in OT.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:14 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: They were not a fraud last year nor or they a fraud this year. They demolished the KC Chiefs last year and even though we beat KC twice last year proving that we were better we never demolished KC. They smoked KC with a healthy team, we beat them with their RB coming back from IR.

We were the hottest team in the AFC, we should have beaten the Rams in the SB. I think if that game was at a neutral site we win handily. 

But give the Devil[Titans, Oilers] their due they were the regular season's champs without their stud RB for a good portion of the season.

This game against the Titans this week "might" determine if the Titans are a fraud this season.  

I thoroughly disagree and would usually list stats as to why i felt this way but don’t feel like it.

All I’ll say is we are a bad matchup for them as long as Reader plays. They smoked KC last year because that’s just the nature of their offense vs passing teams. If they get those lucky 2-3 plays to go their way they can smoke ANYONE because it’s hard to come back on them.

I think they are a tier 2 team that happens to play in the worst decision in football and nothing Iv seen has convinced me otherwise. Even if they do smash us. They still ain’t makin any noise in the playoffs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Beat them last year with a nearly identical team (maybe a better D this year) and should've won this year; wasn't like the Browns game where we were clearly out of it and they flat-out beat us, so I don't think we need to prove anything against the Ravens.

I remember the incident with the Bengals fan. Way out of character for our folks here and the hopefully the jerk(s) were prosecuted. 

The Chiefs fans are pretty ugly sometimes. But online fandom is just nasty in general. I'm old enough to remember people treating each other poorly online way back in the 80s (yes there was an "online" then). It seems to be a constant problem that is now spilling over into real life, in sports and elsewhere....often with fatal consequences.

Well, here's to another Chili vs. Hot Chicken match! At least if there's food involved, we all win.  Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:11 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: 3 is not even close to debatable. This shows you know nothing 

I said "Right now".

Joe Burrow for 2022: 2890 yards passing, 22 TDs, 8 INTs, QBR 55.7

So Joe is slinging it around the yard but probably more takeaways than he would like (still pretty good though).

Ryan Tannehill for 2022: 1685 yards passing, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, QBR 53.1

Ryan Tannehill has missed two games and is in a run heavy offense (you'd be too if you had the King on your team, 1010 yards and 10 TDs so far). But we've also been decimated in quality people to throw the ball to. So the impressive stat here is only 4 INTs, considering he threw 3 in one game last year in the playoffs against .....The Bengals.

Bottom line is that both men are incredibly valuable to their respective teams. Burrow gets a hell of a lot of respect in these parts (it is SEC country).

Besides, debating is part of the fun of fandom. :)
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:25 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: I said "Right now".

So Joe is slinging it around the yard but probably more takeaways than he would like (still pretty good though).

Ryan Tannehill has missed two games and is in a run heavy offense (you'd be too if you had the King on your team, 1010 yards and 10 TDs so far). But we've also been decimated in quality people to throw the ball to. So the impressive stat here is only 4 INTs, considering he threw 3 in one game last year in the playoffs against .....The Bengals.

Bottom line is that both men are incredibly valuable to their respective teams. Burrow gets a hell of a lot of respect in these parts (it is SEC country).

Joe is playing lights out as of late and is on the mvp candidate list. 
Reply/Quote

The Titans offense has been a big problem for most of the season and our inability to score points is a well worn problem. The irony is that once we get to the red zone, we’re one of the best in the league to put it in the end zone. But that’s balanced against a lot of 3 and outs or 3 and long situations.

Last weeks game against Green Bay on Thursday night was the best outing the offense has seen since last season. It was helped by rookie Traylen Burks coming back from IR (turf toe) and some of the other young players who can catch the ball beginning to come into their own. The fact that we don’t have AJ Brown anymore is pretty obvious to production numbers.

That being said, the defense is elite and gets more out of rushing 4 than any other team. The Titans rarely blitz since we don’t really have to, which helps against the passing game. Jeffrey Simmons is one of the best inside linebackers in the game and always draws a double team (and still manages to get through). The big question this week is whether Denico Autry’s knee injury is serious or not (no word yet).  Harold Landry who was one of our sack leaders last year suffered a ACL tear in preseason but the rest of the defense hasn’t missed a beat. But the big issue is that we put Burrow on the ground NINE times and still lost. We still must do better.

bengals fans are weird. Im seeing a lot of the responses you're getting, and its all coming off very aggressive, while you've been very respectful.

continue to argue with them if you want, but, ya know... 
Reply/Quote
Bengals look better on paper. Better balanced and more consistent.

Bengals are 7th in yards gained, and 11th in yards allowed

Titans are 29th in yards gained, and 18th in yards allowed.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:25 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: I said "Right now".

There's a reason the Titans offense is "run heavy" and they have one of the lowest pass attempts per game in the league. 

You're QB isn't the caliber of Burrow. Cmon man. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:31 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: bengals fans are weird. Im seeing a lot of the responses you're getting, and its all coming off very aggressive, while you've been very respectful.

continue to argue with them if you want, but, ya know... 

I mean he did come into a Bengals message board where no one asked for this. The Titans are the only team that I can remember posting and starting threads in JN. The same thing happened in the playoffs last year.

He should expect it to a degree...respectfully of course. 
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:30 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Joe is playing lights out as of late and is on the mvp candidate list. 

With all due respect, this guy is running away with that conversation.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/_/id/3139477/patrick-mahomes
Reply/Quote

Indeed, Titans have been one of the best teams in the Red Zone. Although this website places them 2nd behind the Bengals in terms of scoring of TD's in the Redzone.  Bengals lead the NFL in 2022, with 75% scoring success (TDs only), while the Titans are at 74%.

https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I mean he did come into a Bengals message board where no one asked for this. The Titans are the only team that I can remember posting and starting threads in JN. The same thing happened in the playoffs last year.

He should expect it to a degree...respectfully of course. 

While the bolded is true, I would like to point out that Sevenfeet has been rather respectful and insighful.  I could understand Bengal fans being aggressive hosts if the person were here to troll, but it appears to me at least that he's here to engage in meaningful dialogue.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote