Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy-Tennessee
Sorry but as I posted QBR is a junk stat nobody actually relies on for anything. It doesn't just factor in running it makes running more important than passing. It is also a black box using a secret sauce formula. It was cooked up by ESPN basically in their failed attempt to become a serious source of truth in athletics.

Burrow is a better QB than Tannehill - what is the big dispute over this? But Tannehill is effective for there Titans in their system so what is the big deal? This year Burrow had one aberration of a first game where he was fresh off an appendectomy that wiped out his preseason. Since that game he has been 224 - 319 - 2552 with 20 TD and 4 INT for a Passer Rating of 109.6, YPA of 8, YPC of 11.39 and Completion % of 70.2.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:15 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I would imagine there's quite a bit of people who purchase tickets with no intention to ever attend the event. They just buy to resell at a higher value to make $$

Generally season ticket holders get to buy their seats.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 02:25 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: I said "Right now".

Joe Burrow for 2022: 2890 yards passing, 22 TDs, 8 INTs, QBR 55.7

So Joe is slinging it around the yard but probably more takeaways than he would like (still pretty good though).

Ryan Tannehill for 2022: 1685 yards passing, 10 TDs, 4 INTs, QBR 53.1

Ryan Tannehill has missed two games and is in a run heavy offense (you'd be too if you had the King on your team, 1010 yards and 10 TDs so far). But we've also been decimated in quality people to throw the ball to. So the impressive stat here is only 4 INTs, considering he threw 3 in one game last year in the playoffs against .....The Bengals.

Bottom line is that both men are incredibly valuable to their respective teams. Burrow gets a hell of a lot of respect in these parts (it is SEC country).

Besides, debating is part of the fun of fandom. :)

As to Burrow's 8 interceptions: 4 were on opening day coming off major surgery. 3 of the remaining 4 interceptions were tipped by a dlineman, only one was an errant/bad decision throw.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 01:38 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm not sure what's up with our recent play against Cleveland.  It's been bad for a minute now, and really seems it shouldn't be.  As far as the Ravens, I feel like this Bengals team has shown they can knock them off.  

The Titans are a solid team.  Defense, run game, competent quarterback.  They're not a sexy pick by any means, and can be neutralized as seen in the playoffs last year, but they're a team that absolutely can win any given week against any team.  They're not a team I'd want to face week after week.  But neither are the Bengals. 

Curious if maybe we might decide to incorporate some of that dink and dunk O we did Burrows rookie year just for the CLE games. They were two of his best games early in his career. Our D should be able to hold them off if we could get that going again (if my memory serves me right).
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 07:35 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: On the mothership we always seemed to have trouble with Texans fans, especially during the seasons we faced them in the playoffs.  They were the worst and downright obnoxious.

For clarity perhaps Jungle Noise should read "For Bengals fans only, or for any fans of teams not the Steelers, Browns or Ravens, provided you're not a *****."

Yeah I have no problem with opponents’ fans posting on threads like this. I like the general rule that JN is for Bengals fans to discuss the Bengals, but I appreciate the flexibility given to other fans to discuss the upcoming game.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I understand the excitement TN fans for their team right now, after beating Green Bay away and given the game Tannehill had. He had a QB rating of 127, completing 22 of 27 for 333. A very solid team, very good in the red zone and on 3rd and 4th with short yardage. Henry is extraordinary. I also understand TN fans being upset by not be favored. And they were the first seed last year and the upstart Bengals beat them in a close one.

This game will be very tough for the Bengals and may come down to turnovers, again. But I would say I am sure the Bengals team feels like this is a must win game, given they are already behind the Ravens and only have their toes on the line of a playoff position. Tennessee seems like a shoe-in for their division. So, I find it unlikely the revenge factor outweighs the larger motivation of the Bengals team feeling like they need this one.
Reply/Quote
Wudduppppp Bengals Board! Coming back to post and talk some Bengals Titans football. Haven't been on here since the playoff game. Yall were cool and chill the last time out, I'm hoping for a good game. I actually picked this as a loss for us as we always seem to fall short against you guys every time we play. It will be interesting to see how we perform in this game as our offense has been terrible.

Everybody talks about the Bengals offense and seem to forget you have a vastly underrated defense too ( to other fans who don't watch the Bengals ). That's the matchup I'm interested to see how we do.

I expect Henry to have a similar game like he did against the Broncos. Bengals won't allow Henry to get to the second level and will make Tannehill beat yall consistently. Any word on if Chase is coming back?
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I understand the excitement TN fans for their team right now, after beating Green Bay away and given the game Tannehill had. He had a QB rating of 127, completing 22 of 27 for 333. A very solid team, very good in the red zone and on 3rd and 4th with short yardage. Henry is extraordinary. I also understand TN fans being upset by not be favored. And they were the first seed last year and the upstart Bengals beat them in a close one.

This game will be very tough for the Bengals and may come down to turnovers, again. But I would say I am sure the Bengals team feels like this is a must win game, given they are already behind the Ravens and only have their toes on the line of a playoff position. Tennessee seems like a shoe-in for their division. So, I find it unlikely the revenge factor outweighs the larger motivation of the Bengals team feeling like they need this one.

If any Titan fan is surprised we aren't favored they haven't been a Titans fan very long. If anything, we should LIKE the fact we aren't favored. We typically win most of the games we're supposed to lose and lose alot of games we are favored. That being said I don't feel good about this game due to Burrows ability to remain calm the whole game under pressure. We will get pressure and sack him and then he'll make a drive for a TD like it never happened. I agree this is Def a bigger must win game for yall compared to us. If we lose we still have complete control of our division and you guys need to catch the damn Ratbirds. 
[Image: sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 09:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Generally season ticket holders get to buy their seats.

Generally yes, but they don't have a full stadium of season ticket holders.
So there are plenty of non-season-ticket holders that got a chance to buy tickets directly.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 11:26 PM)Nepa Wrote: I understand the excitement TN fans for their team right now, after beating Green Bay away and given the game Tannehill had. He had a QB rating of 127, completing 22 of 27 for 333. A very solid team, very good in the red zone and on 3rd and 4th with short yardage. Henry is extraordinary. I also understand TN fans being upset by not be favored. And they were the first seed last year and the upstart Bengals beat them in a close one.

Not being favored has nothing to do with the “experts” picks. It’s literally based on how people are betting. To care about that, or think it’s a slap in the face is ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 12:05 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Wudduppppp Bengals Board! Coming back to post and talk some Bengals Titans football. Haven't been on here since the playoff game. Yall were cool and chill the last time out, I'm hoping for a good game. I actually picked this as a loss for us as we always seem to fall short against you guys every time we play. It will be interesting to see how we perform in this game as our offense has been terrible.

Everybody talks about the Bengals offense and seem to forget you have a vastly underrated defense too ( to other fans who don't watch the Bengals ). That's the matchup I'm interested to see how we do.

I expect Henry to have a similar game like he did against the Broncos. Bengals won't allow Henry to get to the second level and will make Tannehill beat yall consistently. Any word on if Chase is coming back?

Hey there. Chase is practicing. No word on if he will actually play.

Reply/Quote
(11-22-2022, 08:06 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: QBR (invented by ESPN in 2011) is a harder metric to grasp, especially since there are 6 major metrics that it is following and the first one has a number of moving parts. Contrast that to passer rating (which is a real NFL stat) which is only about passing yards/completion percentage/TDs/sacks and nothing more.  Some of the metrics are subjective at best.  For example, there is a "discount" for garbage time stats, that is a QB that gets a whole bunch of yards when the game is out of reach. I'd love to see how that's calculated and if someone has to manually determine that.

As for the names on this list, I think Lamar Jackson would like to have a word with you on whether Joe Burrow is a better QB. But let's discuss Marcus Mariota since we Titans fans are very familiar with him and his game play since he started for us for years. No one is saying that Mariota is better than Burrow...heck, he'd probably agree. (And Mariota was loved in Nashville as a great human being, but he was a middling, inconsistent QB). But QBR helps Mariota in that running the football is considered to be something that gooses the metric. And Mariota has always done well there (as has Lamar Jackson).

And then there's the "degree of difficulty" metric for a play. So I expect that a QB isn't rewarded much if he checks down a lot, but gets points for harder, down the field passes. Then you get freaks like Mahomes who can pocket pass in tight windows down the field, run the ball AND do freaky off-schedule stuff that kills defenses (like what happened to us twice now).

So a passer rating is certainly easier to wrap your brain around. But QBR was supposed to rate the entire package of the athlete, so to speak.

Lamar Jackson isn't a better QB than Joe Burrow. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 12:05 AM)MikeJones561 Wrote: Wudduppppp Bengals Board! Coming back to post and talk some Bengals Titans football. Haven't been on here since the playoff game. Yall were cool and chill the last time out, I'm hoping for a good game. I actually picked this as a loss for us as we always seem to fall short against you guys every time we play. It will be interesting to see how we perform in this game as our offense has been terrible.

I've watched a few Titans games and have Henry on my fantasy team so I pay a little bit of attention. 

Do you guys think Henry has "lost a step" to a degree this year? IDK if he's just not great in short yardage stuff, but it seems like he's lost a bit of a burst to me? 

Maybe I am high out of my mind and my eyes are playing tricks on me, just generally curious on what the consensus is on Henry coming back from a foot injury last year and now that he's kind of hitting the age curve. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:25 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Lamar Jackson isn't a better QB than Joe Burrow. 

I agree. Speaking on this season alone, there are two QBs I would definitively say have been better than Burrow. Mahomes and Tua. I think there is then an argument for #3 between Jalen and Burrow. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:51 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Not being favored has nothing to do with the “experts” picks. It’s literally based on how people are betting. To care about that, or think it’s a slap in the face is ridiculous.

Titans were the number one seed last year, are 7 and 3 this year coming off an impressive victory against Green Bay at Lambeau, are playing at home, and yet the betting public favors the Bengals. I would think a feeling of being disrespected would be a natural response.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:33 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: I agree. Speaking on this season alone, there are two QBs I would definitively say have been better than Burrow. Mahomes and Tua. I think there is then an argument for #3 between Jalen and Burrow. 

Sounds about right.

I know Allen is struggling lately but JB has too.

Allen deserves to remain in this convo.

Dude is a beast
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:47 AM)Whacked Wrote: Sounds about right.

I know Allen is struggling lately but JB has too.

Allen deserves to remain in this convo.

Dude is a beast

Completely fair, throw him in the mix as well. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I've watched a few Titans games and have Henry on my fantasy team so I pay a little bit of attention. 

Do you guys think Henry has "lost a step" to a degree this year? IDK if he's just not great in short yardage stuff, but it seems like he's lost a bit of a burst to me? 

Maybe I am high out of my mind and my eyes are playing tricks on me, just generally curious on what the consensus is on Henry coming back from a foot injury last year and now that he's kind of hitting the age curve. 

Henry was asked about this a few weeks ago since he hasn't had a "75 yards to the house" moment this season. He doesn't think so. Now everyone ages and running backs are no different. I do think that defensive secondary players have gotten better at keeping him from that huge score since they always go for his feet now which seems to be easier to stop him by tripping rather that approaching him waist up (which is asking for a highlight reel-stiff arm).
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 07:54 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Hey there. Chase is practicing. No word on if he will actually play.

Everyone in Nashville is assuming that dude is playing.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2022, 01:47 PM)Sevenfeet Wrote: Everyone in Nashville is assuming that dude is playing.

I truly don't think he's going to play. They've been super cautious with him. 
Reply/Quote