Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 13: Chargers
https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1282565-chargers-bengals-pregame-discussion-wk-13 (long, interesting thread)

https://losangeleschargers.proboards.com/thread/401/bungles-week (brand new thread, might grow)

The Chargers, since their move to Los Angeles, have been in a fanbase crisis. There just aren't many of them left. Some holdouts from San Diego stuck with them, but otherwise it's a pretty barren LA Chargers Internet. Still, we get at least one beefy thread (first link above) to get a good glimpse of what they think of the Bengals game this Sunday. They're coming off of an ugly loss to Denver and their confidence seems to be pretty low in general. They really seem to hate the way their defense matches up against the Bengals' arsenal of weaponry. As has essentially every other opposing fanbase, however, they generally do believe the Cincinnati offensive line can be exploited. We'll see what happens.

Also, last week's edition of this thread was pretty much dead. That's okay. Some things run their course. If, however, this "threads from the enemy" thing is no longer of interest, let me know! If there's one thing this board doesn't need, it's more threads.

Tongue
Reply/Quote
I don’t post much in these threads but I do come to see what people have to say, so keep it up, I say. It’s always interesting the outside perspective. The gradual shift from a gimme game to most people not
Liking their chances has been fun.
Reply/Quote
Please keep making these threads... I've enjoyed visiting the other boards.

Chargers fans seems pretty level headed clearly they are disappointed in how the season has went for them. Defense they have issue stopping the run which keeps Herbert, Ekeler, Mike Williams and Allen off the field.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
“They really seem to hate the way their defense matches up against the Bengals' arsenal of weaponry”

Jets probably felt the same way Sad

This will be a heck of a game IMO.
Reply/Quote
Shocked to find out the Chargers have fans. They must be in San Diego.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Quote:If you've been around long enough to remember the Freezer Bowl you'll understand why I'm a bit obsessed with the weather conditions for a late season game in Cincinnati.

Dan Fouts is a poster, apparently.

They're in a post-game funk after the Denver loss. Looks like half the posts don't even reference us, they're too busy teeth-gnashing over yesterday. They sound like us post-Jets.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Well I don't think there's much debate left on who's better between Burrow and Herbert.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:58 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1282565-chargers-bengals-pregame-discussion-wk-13 (long, interesting thread)

https://losangeleschargers.proboards.com/thread/401/bungles-week (brand new thread, might grow)

The Chargers, since their move to Los Angeles, have been in a fanbase crisis. There just aren't many of them left. Some holdouts from San Diego stuck with them, but otherwise it's a pretty barren LA Chargers Internet. Still, we get at least one beefy thread (first link above) to get a good glimpse of what they think of the Bengals game this Sunday. They're coming off of an ugly loss to Denver and their confidence seems to be pretty low in general. They really seem to hate the way their defense matches up against the Bengals' arsenal of weaponry. As has essentially every other opposing fanbase, however, they generally do believe the Cincinnati offensive line can be exploited. We'll see what happens.

Also, last week's edition of this thread was pretty much dead. That's okay. Some things run their course. If, however, this "threads from the enemy" thing is no longer of interest, let me know! If there's one thing this board doesn't need, it's more threads.

Tongue

That first link sounds a lot like the Jets forum just before the game...
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 02:13 AM)Interceptor Wrote: That first link sounds a lot like the Jets forum just before the game...

Yeah, but lesson learned and I'm pretty sure they're not looking past the Chargers.

Not Chargers related and it's about yesterday's game but here's former Steeler Ike Taylor saying that there'e a new sheriff in town and his name is Joe Burrow.

Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Someone mentioned they're concerned about the weather, but it is supposed to be about 50 degrees warmer than the Freezer Bowl though it might rain.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 02:31 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, but lesson learned and I'm pretty sure they're not looking past the Chargers.

Not Chargers related and it's about yesterday's game but here's former Steeler Ike Taylor saying that there'e a new sheriff in town and his name is Joe Burrow.

Good grief, they do their podcasts in Pissburgh from their bedrooms? Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I like these threads. Keep 'em coming. I especially enjoyed revisiting the Steelers' sites
Go Benton Panthers!!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
That second thread is sad haha. The thread has been up for 14 hours, only 90 views (probably at least 20 to 30 views from us) and no replies.

And he calls the Chargers the "Boltz" and the Bengals the "Bungles" and the "Kitties" haha.

Trying so hard...
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't think there's much debate left on who's better between Burrow and Herbert.

Im interested to hear your take.

Obviously I like our guy but I think the general consensus is Herbert still is and has been better even before Burrows injury last year. 

I don't think this was ever really a debate.

There is plenty of time for this to change and long term and I think it will. 
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 02:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well I don't think there's much debate left on who's better between Burrow and Herbert.

I literally don't know which side you fall on, so I think there's definitely still a debate haha.

Burrow has a slightly higher completion percentage (69.3% vs 66%), yards per attempt average (8.4 vs 7.4), and QB Rating (101.6 vs 96.5), but Herbert has fewer interceptions on more attempts (10 in 438 vs 12 in 339) and has more rushing yards (243 @ 5.7 ypc vs 63 @ 2.5 ypc). He's also taken 9 fewer sacks in the aforementioned 99 more passing attempts than Burrow.

He has a stronger arm, obviously, which gives him a better upside, but I think it's clear that Burrow is more advanced at reading the defense and adjusting the play call accordingly. Kind of like the classic "Cerebral QB" vs "physically gifted QB" discussion.

I don't think we could be farther from determining which player is better, to be honest. They both seem like potential super star QBs who have their own strengths and weaknesses that, in many ways, are the opposite of the other. I don't think it actually matters who is better because they are both great, but I'm not sure how you could say there's no longer a debate on who is the better QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 09:12 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Someone mentioned they're concerned about the weather, but it is supposed to be about 50 degrees warmer than the Freezer Bowl though it might rain.

I can abide just about any type of game weather except rain.  Sitting out in the rain, especially on one of those days with temps in the 40s, is absolutely miserable.  Wish it were twenty degrees colder and we were dealing with snow.  At least it's nice to look at.  Would freak out the SoCal people, too.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 08:58 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: https://www.thepowderblues.com/forum/forum/los-angeles-chargers-forum-nfl-forum-padres-forum/the-los-angeles-chargers-forum/1282565-chargers-bengals-pregame-discussion-wk-13 (long, interesting thread)

Tongue

Some expert forecasters put a lot of stock in back to back road games hurting teams. Chargers were in Denver and now travel a long way to Cincy. I hope this fact alone has them play worse. I like the threads you create so keep it up, fun to see other fans perspectives especially of our team.

This could be a shoot out, Herbert is a very good QB who runs very well also. He has weapons too. I do think we can exploit their defense, but in the NFL it all changes week to week.

It is a huge game, head to head against a possible team we could be competing against for a wild card berth.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 02:31 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Yeah, but lesson learned and I'm pretty sure they're not looking past the Chargers.

Wonder how many bandwagon Steeler fans "BLeav in" the wagon in the upcoming weeks?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I'm in agreement, I seldom post in these threads, but I always stop by and check em out. Keep on keeping on.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I enjoy reading these threads but never comment on them. Yesterday I thought about starting a "guess there won't be 'threads from the enemy' since the Chargers have no fans" post.
Reply/Quote