Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 8: Jets
(10-25-2021, 07:25 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I remember back in 2009 the Jets beat us in the playoffs.  Then sometime after that, I remember a game with Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan, where we put 50 points on them.  I think Marvin Jones had four touchdowns in that game.  I remember that famous Jets fireman fan, but I think he quit being a fan at some point.

He's still around. He's even doing commercials!
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:20 PM)grampahol Wrote: Some of you are forgetting that the overwhelming majority here wanted Sewell instead of Chase. Unfortunately we ended up getting some mid-level record breaking superstar receiver.. Getting thrown to by some mid level record breaking superstar QB.. Cool

I'll raise my hand there, gramps.  Definitely thought Chase wouldn't be effective if Burrow was on his butt constantly.  And he's been on his butt plenty, but Chase has shown he's a rock star and has been a ton of fun to watch.  

But the Jets board is like everyone else's board when the team's not doing well.  Fanatics are fanatics for a reason... 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:23 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Joe Flacco threads!

https://forums.theganggreen.com/threads/jets-trading-for-joe-flacco.96417/

https://forums.jetnation.com/topic/162557-jets-trade-for-flacco/

https://jetsfansunited.com/threads/eagles-are-trading-joe-flacco-to-the-jets.20250/

Its kind of weird to think Flacco is still in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:13 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I wonder if there is a limit to how many Chases you can get.

Not sure about that but you can get a crap-load of Trey's with different spellings.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:25 PM)OBX Bengal Wrote: I remember back in 2009 the Jets beat us in the playoffs.  Then sometime after that, I remember a game with Marvin Lewis and Rex Ryan, where we put 50 points on them.  I think Marvin Jones had four touchdowns in that game.  I remember that famous Jets fireman fan, but I think he quit being a fan at some point.

I was at that game. I got 50-yard line tickets outside a few rows passed the mezzanine level. It was slotted for 1pm. Then changed to 4pm. Then they made it primetime. But the Bengals were already in the playoffs, so it didn't mean anything. Maaaaan, the windchill was 4F. I wish it would have stayed in the 1pm time slot.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The one poster joked that the Jets should have an easy win per all the earlier talk in preseason about Chase sucking.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Jets traded for Flacco today. Interesting, he’s kinda givin us fits in the past.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:18 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: I agree. The optimistic part of me wants to think they're tanking by overselling his injury because of how good the Jamal pick's gonna be and they don't want to ruin Zach.

Might be, worked for us even if I don't think we tanked intentionally. I think we were just bad the last few years.

Especially Zac's first year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Jets traded for Flacco today. Interesting, he’s kinda givin us fits in the past.

Yeah, but we didn't have this Defense back then. Who are the OT's for the Jets I wonder? Becton I know is a good player.

Want to see who Hendrickson and Hubbard get to hammer on this week. Heard the Jets are bad at stopping the run so Mixon
and our backs could have a huge game on Offense.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 10:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, but we didn't have this Defense back then. Who are the OT's for the Jets I wonder? Becton I know is a good player.

Want to see who Hendrickson and Hubbard get to hammer on this week. Heard the Jets are bad at stopping the run so Mixon
and our backs could have a huge game on Offense.

Becton is on IR.

George Fant and Morgan Moses are their starting tackles right now. I have no idea how they're doing this season, but I know in the past I've seen Jets fans not thrilled with Fant. He used to be on the Seahawks and Pete Carroll liked him, which means he was a bad OL.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
The Chase thread reminds me of the debate on here. You have a dude wanting to puff his chest out because he wanted Chase, which is fine and understandable, but he's using the fact that Chase is on pace for 1800 yards and 15 scores to rub it in, as if he knew that would happen. Ala some of the people on here.

Point blank, no one expected Sewell to completely bust, and no one expected Chase to be the top WR in the NFL in year one. Like the one guy said, if you said that, let's see the receipts.

Btw, it is fascinating to see so much negativity, as some people on these boards act as if our fan base is overly negative or something. It's just the product of what we've been through, really.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Chase thread reminds me of the debate on here. You have a dude wanting to puff his chest out because he wanted Chase, which is fine and understandable, but he's using the fact that Chase is on pace for 1800 yards and 15 scores to rub it in, as if he knew that would happen. Ala some of the people on here.

Point blank, no one expected Sewell to completely bust, and no one expected Chase to be the top WR in the NFL in year one. Like the one guy said, if you said that, let's see the receipts.

Btw, it is fascinating to see so much negativity, as some people on these boards act as if our fan base is overly negative or something. It's just the product of what we've been through, really.

Only some lol?   Smirk Smirk

It's like that time in gradeschool when a kid finally wins a spelling bee and wears the ribbon for 6 months after.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
My uncle from New Jersey is a diehard Jets fan. The Jets and Bengals have had some interesting games before, but this year especially with retread Flacco the Bengals should be able to go into the Meadowlands, toy with them a little bit, and come out of there with an easy win. Easier said than done, but if the Jets can't stop the run there's all kinds of different things they can do, including play action to take advantage of that. It should be lots of fun to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 08:23 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Jets traded for Flacco today. Interesting, he’s kinda givin us fits in the past.

True. But this is not the Bengals of seasons past.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 07:16 PM)Interceptor Wrote: No, I mean would Chase still have that same connection with any other QB?

He wouldn't. When asked about the connection, they both mention the thousands and thousands of reps they have together. It would take years to get that same connection to a QB you've never played with before.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:22 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The Chase thread reminds me of the debate on here. You have a dude wanting to puff his chest out because he wanted Chase, which is fine and understandable, but he's using the fact that Chase is on pace for 1800 yards and 15 scores to rub it in, as if he knew that would happen. Ala some of the people on here.

I admit, I was on the Sewell train, but I understood the reasons why they went with Chase. He and Burrow were a championship connection, so why break that up when the opportunity arose to bring them together again and build around it. Right now, Chase will soon be getting a lot of attention from defenses and that should open it up for everyone else. Yes, no one knew what would happen after they got picked. If someone said they knew, they would be lying.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 07:04 AM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: My uncle from New Jersey is a diehard Jets fan. The Jets and Bengals have had some interesting games before, but this year especially with retread Flacco the Bengals should be able to go into the Meadowlands, toy with them a little bit, and come out of there with an easy win. Easier said than done, but if the Jets can't stop the run there's all kinds of different things they can do, including play action to take advantage of that. It should be lots of fun to watch.

Any given Sunday, a key player, or even a team, can get the yips. 

I remember back in 2014 (when I worked Sundays to Wednesdays) when the Jets were hosting the Steelers, our office parking lot was filled with cars from Pennsylvania because of the construction arouns the new stadium. A lot of brash Steelers fans thinking this was a walkover since both teams were going in opposite directions - one playoff bound, the other the Jets. Most of the crowd was comprised of Steelers fans. After the game, it was a very quiet and solemn crowd. I wondered WTF happened. To my (pleasant) surprise, Jets pulled off a miracle. 

So, to reiterate - any given Sunday. This Jets game is a trap game because of the division rival game against the Browns that occurs the week after.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
You guys will easily win.
Reply/Quote
Part of me says Flacco has been on the bench so long, our defense will eat him alive. Then, the other part of me says he's desperate to show he can still play in the NFL and wants to be a starter again, and will be more apt to recognize defenses, so he could go off. Either way, I wish we were still playing the rookie.
Reply/Quote

All message boards are virtually identical under similar circumstances.  They shouldn't be as down though.  They live in NY and there's a gazillion other things to do when your team is struggling.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote