Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Threads from the Enemy week 8: Jets
(10-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Interceptor Wrote: I admit, I was on the Sewell train, but I understood the reasons why they went with Chase. He and Burrow were a championship connection, so why break that up when the opportunity arose to bring them together again and build around it. Right now, Chase will soon be getting a lot of attention from defenses and that should open it up for everyone else. Yes, no one knew what would happen after they got picked. If someone said they knew, they would be lying.

I got it too, and honestly I would've been 100% all aboard the Chase train in April, if we'd addressed the line better in FA. Now that I know how things have worked out, obviously we made the correct choice. LOL

I'll be hoping for o-line again this offseason, but boy am I glad we have Chase.

(10-26-2021, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All message boards are virtually identical under similar circumstances.  They shouldn't be as down though.  They live in NY and there's a gazillion other things to do when your team is struggling.

True, you'd think that, but you also have to realize that message boards are usually reserved for the most fanatical uh...fans. So those guys are probably as obsessed with the Jets as we are the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Is the 6-day COVID rule from last year still in place? If so, the first day that Flacco would be eligible to even be in team facilities would be Sunday, so I doubt he's playing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Part of me says Flacco has been on the bench so long, our defense will eat him alive. Then, the other part of me says he's desperate to show he can still play in the NFL and wants to be a starter again,  and will be more apt to recognize defenses, so he could go off. Either way, I wish we were still playing the rookie.

After being able to chase down Jackson last Sunday, Flacco will seem like a statue. They should pressure him a lot!
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 09:32 AM)michaelsean Wrote: All message boards are virtually identical under similar circumstances.  They shouldn't be as down though.  They live in NY and there's a gazillion other things to do when your team is struggling.

Yup they have the Giants...

Umm the Knicks...

The Rangers...

Geez the Islanders...

Well the Mets...

The Red Sox' sons the Yankees...

Screw it, they can go get drunk in Time Square and visit the Met.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 02:03 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Becton is on IR.

George Fant and Morgan Moses are their starting tackles right now. I have no idea how they're doing this season, but I know in the past I've seen Jets fans not thrilled with Fant. He used to be on the Seahawks and Pete Carroll liked him, which means he was a bad OL.

Thanks BD. I like Moses, good player but sounds like whoever is getting Fant might have a big day.

Sucks for them with Becton on IR. Who is on their interior is another question as we all know anyone of our DT's can feast if 
there is any weakness there. Ogunjobi had like 7 pressures and 1.5 sacks against the Ravens interior.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:34 PM)Earendil Wrote: Is the 6-day COVID rule from last year still in place?  If so, the first day that Flacco would be eligible to even be in team facilities would be Sunday, so I doubt he's playing.

If they are unvaccinated they have to be held out for 5 days of negative tests.  If vaccinated they can join the team immediately with a negative test 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 05:25 PM)pally Wrote: If they are unvaccinated they have to be held out for 5 days of negative tests.  If vaccinated they can join the team immediately with a negative test 

Good to know, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2021, 05:03 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: They're about as optimistic as I suspect this board was during the 2019 season.

& me throughout the 1990s.
Reply/Quote
I was surprised they got rid of Sam Darnold. Kid was/is good. What happens when you have horrible management.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 11:06 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I was surprised they got rid of Sam Darnold. Kid was/is good. What happens when you have horrible management.

Darnold was terrible in NY, and he's been terrible for the Panthers this year.

More picks than TDs and a 77.5 passer rating. Par for the course with him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Darnold was terrible in NY, and he's been terrible for the Panthers this year.

It looked like Joe Brady and Matt Rhule were sorting him out earlier in the season. His first 3 starts he had passer ratings of 102.0/99.1/95.7. But holy shit has his game fallen off a cliff since. NY might have actually ruined him.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It looked like Joe Brady and Matt Rhule were sorting him out earlier in the season. His first 3 starts he had passer ratings of 102.0/99.1/95.7. But holy shit has his game fallen off a cliff since. NY might have actually ruined him.

Tbh I thought he was doing better this year too, so I looked up his reference page and noticed that he nosedived HARD over the last few weeks.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 01:00 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Tbh I thought he was doing better this year too, so I looked up his reference page and noticed that he nosedived HARD over the last few weeks.

Kid probably thinking HE has to win the game alone.
Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Screw it, they can go get drunk in Time Square and visit the Met.

Been there, done that.  Cool
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:39 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Darnold was terrible in NY, and he's been terrible for the Panthers this year.

The white Geno Smith?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
McCaffrey IS the Panthers' offense.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 12:57 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It looked like Joe Brady and Matt Rhule were sorting him out earlier in the season. His first 3 starts he had passer ratings of 102.0/99.1/95.7. But holy shit has his game fallen off a cliff since. NY might have actually ruined him.

He crashed when the Panthers lost Christian McCaffrey.  Those things happen when you have a one dimensional offense 

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-27-2021, 10:09 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Kid probably thinking HE has to win the game alone.

To quote the Big Tuna, sometimes "you are what your record says you are".
Reply/Quote
Sounds like a plan.

[Image: 2Ep3OeI.jpg]
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-26-2021, 04:34 PM)Earendil Wrote: Is the 6-day COVID rule from last year still in place?  If so, the first day that Flacco would be eligible to even be in team facilities would be Sunday, so I doubt he's playing.

On Tuesday or Wednesday, it was mentioned on Movin' The Chains that Flacco would not be joining the team until Friday (yesterday), so he won't be playing outside of any kind of emergency situation.  Even that would be doubtful.  I would expect Josh Johnson to be called up from the Practice Squad to be the backup.
Reply/Quote