Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Three winners and three losers
Winners:

Jessie Bates.  Said it was his first game ball.  That INT was incredible.  I think that is exactly the kind of play the Bengals needed early to give them a spark.  The guy just keeps making plays.

Vonn Bell.  I know whatever PFF ranking he ends up with today will not say he is playing at a Pro Bowl level or whatever, but he was really good in coverage, run defense, and that hit on Tannehill was almost a TD going the other way.  I think as he becomes more and more comfortable in the defense, he will continue to ascend.

Auden Tate.
 Partially because of his 7 receptions on 7 target day, but also for what ZT commented on after the game on how he just shows up to work with a smile on his face and works his ass off everyday to try and get better to help his team.  We need more guys like this and I love that he was rewarded.  

Honorable Mentions:  Gio, Higgins, Joe Fricking Burrow, The offensive line, Margus Hunt, Amani Bledsoe, Logan Wilson

Losers:

Lou's three-score lead defense:  I have never seen a team score a TD in a hurry up offense with three rushes and one pass.  Insanely bad.  Need to stay aggressive here.  Going in to that massive headwind, there was no way they were going to beat you over the top.  

AJ Green.  Looked like he was in the wrong place a number of times.  Didn't fight through handsy coverage.  Didn't generate separation.  I am not afraid to catch the wrath of those that still worship the ground that Green walks on, but Tate should be starting over Green.  He is simply more reliable.  

Cethan Carter:  Might be a decent special teams guy and got that one yard reception (was still bobbled a bit) for a key first down, but why is he out in a pattern over Sample?  Was Sample injured?  I saw him blocking well.  

Honorable mentions:  Josh Bynes (looks like cold molasses.  Wonder if it shouldn't be Pratt, Wilson, and ADG in base after the bye?).  Sims (way too much cushion).  WJIII, abused most of the day.  Coming off concussion gets a bit of a pass, at least he was out there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure the “always shows up with a smile on his face” comment was about Billy Price when he gave him a game ball. Unless he said the same thing about Tate in the interviews or something?

Reply/Quote
Losers:
Bobby Hart
Maybe Tre?
Reply/Quote
Geno was statlesss. Don't know how many snaps he had.
Reply/Quote
Geno DNP because of rest according to Bengals.com
Reply/Quote
What this game told me is that we don't need Green to win. We have 3 to 4 really really good WRs on this team and with the ultimate point guard at QB with Burrow, we don't really need a true star #1 WR to have an explosive offense.

Don't get me wrong, I love Green and I would love to watch him play the remainder of his career here, but if he is still asking 10+ million per year, I think it's suit us better to just move on and use that money on the Oline and Dline.
Reply/Quote
I'd add Jordan to the losers list. Out because of illness and Spain just took his job.
Reply/Quote
Up:

Perine. Had a few nice runs to spell Gio, and scored a TD.

Spain. Dude came in off the street and made an immediate difference. Opened up a nice hole on the Gio TD.

Brandon Wilson. ST were great all day, but his big return was a huge play to take momentum right back from Tennessee.

Honorable mention to Bell. His best game as a Bengal by far.

Down:

AJ. 2 catches for 19 yds. It looked he was getting ready to break out after a couple nice games in a row, but those are pedestrian numbers for any WR, let alone a “#1.” I know some people thought Joe under threw the one deep ball a bit, but that’s still a catch AJ used to make in his sleep.

ADG. Not very impressed with him so far. There was one play where Tannehill ran for a 1st and ADG looked slow as shit trying to chase him down.

WJ3. Brutal game all around for him. Got burned, missed tackles, and generally just didn’t look good.

Dishonorable mention to Lou Anarumo. His defense is still pretty awful overall. Titans were gashing us on the ground (and not just Henry), and they allowed 13 4th quarter points. Luckily our offense didn’t do their typical disappearing act in the second half.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:49 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty sure the “always shows up with a smile on his face” comment was about Billy Price when he gave him a game ball. Unless he said the same thing about Tate in the interviews or something?

He did...it was kind of funny because ZT even said that there was some validation to the win to what they are doing right after telling a reporter that his guys didn't need any validation.  I know he just got his wordsmithing a bit jumbled, but I chuckled.  I think he was just really happy with the win.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:50 AM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: Losers:
Bobby Hart
Maybe Tre?

Why would you say this?  Hart has been one of the best pieces on the offensive line this year and had a great game against the Browns before getting injured.  I don't think getting injured makes one a loser.  Otherwise, Mixon, Hubbard, Reader, etc are also all losers.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Up:

Perine. Had a few nice runs to spell Gio, and scored a TD.

Spain. Dude came in off the street and made an immediate difference. Opened up a nice hole on the Gio TD.

Brandon Wilson. ST were great all day, but his big return was a huge play to take momentum right back from Tennessee.

Honorable mention to Bell. His best game as a Bengal by far.

Down:

AJ. 2 catches for 19 yds. It looked he was getting ready to break out after a couple nice games in a row, but those are pedestrian numbers for any WR, let alone a “#1.” I know some people thought Joe under threw the one deep ball a bit, but that’s still a catch AJ used to make in his sleep.

ADG. Not very impressed with him so far. There was one play where Tannehill ran for a 1st and ADG looked slow as shit trying to chase him down.

WJ3. Brutal game all around for him. Got burned, missed tackles, and generally just didn’t look good.

Dishonorable mention to Lou Anarumo. His defense is still pretty awful overall. Titans were gashing us on the ground (and not just Henry), and they allowed 13 4th quarter points. Luckily our offense didn’t do their typical disappearing act in the second half.

Excellent point about Wilson.  Perine ran had and always fell forward.  He wasn't looking to cut back and risk a big loss, but always got the positive yards to at least keep them on schedule with moving the chains.  Those runs may not have yielded a ton of yardage, but they paid dividends down the stretch and helped keep the team balanced.  

I wish they would use ADG on blitz packages more often.  That was his biggest strength coming out of college.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:52 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Geno was statlesss.  Don't know how many snaps he had.

Atkins had 19 snaps (31%). He recorded 1 QB Hit.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Winners:

Lou - going into Sunday there was a distinct possibility he'd be unemployed today. Instead the D kept the Titans to 20 points (a more impressive achievement than scoring 31 on the Titan's D) and his job is likely now safe until at least the end of the season

Turner - similar to Lou, an ugly defeat in which Burrow repeatedly got hit would likely see his NFL career over, instead his O-line took all the plaudits and he has a stay of execution until the end of the season.

Zac - completing a coaching clean sweep, that was a huge win - against a 5-1 team - that instills belief in the Zac Taylor project and one where his play-calling and game plan was an asset rather than hindrance.

Losers:

Mixon - this O looks better without him on the field, although maybe he's a winner having already signed his contract

Thomas/Erickson/Ross - Tate has sown up that WR4 spot

Redmond - not a reflection on his performance but of the Bengals having options - he's always going to be the first man to make way when they do
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:15 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Down:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ben_Baby/status/1323248173079560193

On the flip side, TEN's A.J. Brown was shadowed by Bengals CB William Jackson on 77.4% of his snaps, per NFL Next Gen. Brown was limited to two catches on five targets for 18 yards.
Reply/Quote
Lou had nothing to do with the Titans kicker missing both a FG and an extra point. And Jessie Bates took another 7 points off the board with his INT.

The Titans RB’s ran for 198 yds, and Corey Davis had 128 yds receiving. The defense was far from good.

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 10:19 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Why would you say this?  Hart has been one of the best pieces on the offensive line this year and had a great game against the Browns before getting injured.  I don't think getting injured makes one a loser.  Otherwise, Mixon, Hubbard, Reader, etc are also all losers.  

Not speaking for him, but I think what he is saying is they may have just lost their starting gigs. I personally don't think so, but the coaches have to be looking. Price has played his butt off last 2 games at Center. Adeniji showed he belongs. 
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 11:10 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Lou had nothing to do with the Titans kicker missing both a FG and an extra point. And Jessie Bates took another 7 points off the board with his INT.

The Titans RB’s ran for 198 yds, and Corey Davis had 128 yds receiving. The defense was far from good.

You can add the 4 points missed by the kicker and that's still only 24 points against a decent Titans offense. I don't think you can hold one of his players playing well against him.

Regardless, there was a real possibility he'd get sacked today and he's not going to be. That makes him a winner.
Reply/Quote
WINNER: Quentin Spain.....

Been here all of a day, comes in and plays almost flawlessly, no false starts (that I remember anyway), no missed assignments (that I saw anyway), and he and Billy Price and yes, Alex Redmond, flat out killed it on the inside.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Winners:

Jessie Bates.  Said it was his first game ball.  That INT was incredible.  I think that is exactly the kind of play the Bengals needed early to give them a spark.  The guy just keeps making plays.

Vonn Bell.  I know whatever PFF ranking he ends up with today will not say he is playing at a Pro Bowl level or whatever, but he was really good in coverage, run defense, and that hit on Tannehill was almost a TD going the other way.  I think as he becomes more and more comfortable in the defense, he will continue to ascend.

Auden Tate.
 Partially because of his 7 receptions on 7 target day, but also for what ZT commented on after the game on how he just shows up to work with a smile on his face and works his ass off everyday to try and get better to help his team.  We need more guys like this and I love that he was rewarded.  

Honorable Mentions:  Gio, Higgins, Joe Fricking Burrow, The offensive line, Margus Hunt, Amani Bledsoe, Logan Wilson

Losers:

Lou's three-score lead defense:  I have never seen a team score a TD in a hurry up offense with three rushes and one pass.  Insanely bad.  Need to stay aggressive here.  Going in to that massive headwind, there was no way they were going to beat you over the top.  

AJ Green.  Looked like he was in the wrong place a number of times.  Didn't fight through handsy coverage.  Didn't generate separation.  I am not afraid to catch the wrath of those that still worship the ground that Green walks on, but Tate should be starting over Green.  He is simply more reliable.  

Cethan Carter:  Might be a decent special teams guy and got that one yard reception (was still bobbled a bit) for a key first down, but why is he out in a pattern over Sample?  Was Sample injured?  I saw him blocking well.  

Honorable mentions:  Josh Bynes (looks like cold molasses.  Wonder if it shouldn't be Pratt, Wilson, and ADG in base after the bye?).  Sims (way too much cushion).  WJIII, abused most of the day.  Coming off concussion gets a bit of a pass, at least he was out there.

Totally agree with the view on Byrnes. He always look two steps slow to the ball or get juked when he does arrive in time or head on. I figured it would be Wilson starting at one of the nickle lb spots with ADG or Pratt battling it out for the other. I can’t wait for Wayne’s to return so we can see as little of Sims as possible.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2020, 09:43 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Winners:

Auden Tate.

Losers:

Tenn is not your normal team from behind.. last week they scored rushing the ball down 20 to Pitt in the 2nd half... 
Reply/Quote