• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thuney to KC
Let the crying begin.

5 years $80 million.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was never going to happen anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It was never going to happen anyway.

@ 16 mil a year we can get 2 players...
Reply/Quote
They had better sign Spain. 
Reply/Quote
I wanted Thuney as much as everyone else, but good god that's a huge contract for a guard.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:40 PM)Earendil Wrote: I wanted Thuney as much as everyone else, but good god that's a huge contract for a guard.

Yeah, and it would have been money well spent and would send a clear message that we are serious about upgrading the line and protecting Burrow.

Oh well, looks like last year's offseason was just and illusion.
Reply/Quote
KC was very creative in getting the cap space to bring him in. Restructured the contracts of Mahomes, Kelce and Jones. Doing so gave them the money to bring him in. It makes you wonder if this organization is capable of such creative thinking?

Reply/Quote
I said from the start they were never signing the guy at top market money, they sure as hell were never setting a new record for a guard. I’d rather two kids tier guys at RG and RT over one guard. This line is way more than a single guard away from being competitive.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:37 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: They had better sign Spain. 

Lol. Talk about back to reality. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: @ 16 mil a year we can get 2 players...

And THAT is why the Bengals lose. Buying a bunch of Timex watches in bulk at Costco doesn't  = a Rolex. It's still crap, even if you have an equal $ amount of it.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:52 PM)Au165 Wrote: I said from the start they were never signing the guy at top market money, they sure as hell were never setting a new record for a guard. I’d rather two kids tier guys at RG and RT over one guard. This line is way more than a single guard away from being competitive.

80M and on a Superbowl Contender....cant blame the guy
Reply/Quote
Resign Remond !!!
Reply/Quote
So when they break the bank on positions not on our radar and not major needs like last year - TE, S, RB maybe we'll all call this FA period a success?

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:50 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: KC was very creative in getting the cap space to bring him in. Restructured the contracts of Mahomes, Kelce and Jones. Doing so gave them the money to bring him in. It makes you wonder if this organization is capable of such creative thinking?

It's creative at signing 2nd and 3rd tier free agents and pawning them off as 1st tier to the fans..

until the season starts..  Ninja
Reply/Quote
The Chiefs release both their starting Offensive Tackles then reset the Offensive Guard market.

They must really really like Lucas Niang who opted out.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
It's almost like Burrow didn't even get sacked last year with the urgency these guys are taking.

What a message to send to your franchise QB and fans.

Don't give me the whole, we could sign 2 OGs either, 1 guy on the line that acts as the glue can really take the line to the next level. Thuney is an Ironman, All-Pro and is easily worth more than 2 tier 2 guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 06:11 PM)GodFather Wrote: It's creative at signing 2nd and 3rd tier free agents and pawning them off as 1st tier to the fans..

until the season starts..  Ninja

I don't recall the Bengals ever being aggressive in the first day of FA. They wait for the big buck signings to pass and then they sift through the bargain bin to see what's left. Then as fans, we get a little this and that signing that leaves us digging up stats and stuff and realize that we didn't get much in said players but reason with the idea that the coaches see something that others missed and can bring the best out of their capabilities. Now, although I complain about that, I'm not sure I would pay the bucks KC paid for Thuney either. Slippery slope I guess, at least in my head.

Reply/Quote
Not to worry! Isiah Prince will be back! We got snazzy new uniforms! We'll draft the Oline help we need! The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!!!!! Cool
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 06:27 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Not to worry! Isiah Prince will be back! We got snazzy new uniforms! We'll draft the Oline help we need! The future's so bright I gotta wear shades!!!!! Cool

New unis have footprints on them instead of stripes.

If you're gonna get curbstomped ya might as well make it fashionable!

[Image: footprints-shoeprints-kids-premium-t-shirt.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2021, 05:56 PM)PDub80 Wrote: And THAT is why the Bengals lose. Buying a bunch of Timex watches in bulk at Costco doesn't  = a Rolex. It's still crap, even if you have an equal $ amount of it.

But buying a Rolex when your roof is leaking and your front door is hanging off the hinges is pretty dumb too.  Like I said, I wanted Thuney as much as anyone else, but that deal is nuts. 

Congrats to your friend and his family though, sounds like he's pretty set for life now. Joe
Reply/Quote