Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tight end signed
Bengals have signed free agent TE Nick Eubanks. He played at Michigan. Spent time with the Cowboys last season

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He was an undrafted free agent, who spent time with three teams but has yet to see any action.

Here is a draft profile from a year ago.

Nick Eubanks projects as a secondary tight end for the NFL game. Eubanks, who had a forgettable senior season with the Wolverines program after entering the year battling an undisclosed injury, has plenty more promise than what he’s put into use at Michigan. He has all the athletic tools to be one of these mismatch TE2 players that are a constant thorn in the sides of opposing defenses, but for him to reach that ceiling, it's going to require patience and the perfect landing spot. Michigan failed to pull production out of him despite being an offense that frequently calls upon tight ends to help move the football in the passing game. For Eubanks, a perfect role would be as an “H” type tight end who aligns offset off the line of scrimmage and is tasked with shallow releases and charged with winning versus linebackers in coverage. That's where his functional athleticism can build him separation underneath and set him up for yards after the catch.

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/nick-eubanks/iDdVFMl6fT
Reply/Quote
Here is another draft profile from a year ago;

Nick Eubanks NFL Draft Player Profile
Position: Tight End
School: Michigan
Current Year: Senior
Height: 6’4″
Weight: 245 pounds

Tony Pauline’s Nick Eubanks Scouting Report
Positives: Athletic tight end who previously flashed ability but is coming off a poor senior campaign. Plays tough, nasty football, shows good awareness, and works hard as a blocker or pass catcher. Quickly releases off the line, runs solid routes for a bigger tight end, and extends his hands to offer the quarterback a target.

Nicely adjusts to the errant throw and extends to snatch the ball away from his frame. Makes the difficult catch with defenders draped on his back. Moves incredibly well for a big man, uses his hands to separate from opponents, and comes back to the ball to make himself an available target. Starts with good knee bend, blocks with proper pad level, and keeps his head on a swivel.

Negatives: Looked like he was going half-speed at times last season. Struggles coming away with the difficult reception.

Analysis: Eubanks looked like he was developing into a top-100 pick off the 2019 film, but he struggled last season along with the entire Michigan offense. He possesses the size, blocking ability, and pass-catching skill, to play at the next level. He’ll be a steal in the later rounds.

Nick Eubanks Player Profile
Michigan tight end Nick Eubanks’ journey to the 2021 NFL Draft started as a heavily recruited high school prospect out of Florida. After leading American Heritage to an FHSAA 5A State Championship as a junior, he caught 23 passes for a team-high 344 yards and 3 touchdowns as a senior.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nick-eubanks-nfl-draft-player-profile-michigan-tight-end/
Reply/Quote
By the way, another team captain in college -- and a special teams contributor.

"Even as a grad student in his fifth year with the program, Eubanks was still a willing and able special teams contributor. His teammates voted him team captain, demonstrating valuable leadership qualities he will take to the next level."
Reply/Quote
Nick Eubanks the talent that never was at Michigan. Bengals are definitely looking at TE's though.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
might fill a spot on the practice squad
Reply/Quote
Nice. That saves us from having to worry about drafting a TE. Now we can focus on other needs.
Reply/Quote
Uff he can duke it out with moss for most irrelevant TE on the roster.
Reply/Quote
Okay. Is the whole team captain theme a Rams thing that Zac copied, or is it truly a Bengals' thing?
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Nice. That saves us from having to worry about drafting a TE. Now we can focus on other needs.

Nick Eubanks is not going to stop the Bengals from drafting a TE early. Eubanks has been in the NFL one season and the Bengals are already his 4th team...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:27 PM)motoarch Wrote: Uff he can duke it out with moss for most irrelevant TE on the roster.

Tray Waynes thinks Moss is injured too much. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Nick Eubanks is not going to stop the Bengals from drafting a TE early. Eubanks has been in the NFL one season and the Bengals are already his 4th team...
Yeah, his only advantage over an upcoming rookie is about 1 month of playbook reading.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:42 PM)Synric Wrote: Nick Eubanks is not going to stop the Bengals from drafting a TE early. Eubanks has been in the NFL one season and the Bengals are already his 4th team...

Future all pro for sure 
Reply/Quote
You always need a few "camp bodies". If it develops into more Cool
Reply/Quote
I think this guy could compete for TE3 as is, with Wilcox, Moss, and the recently converted WR Washington.

Despite the lack of production/development here, he remained an engaged player, was voted a team captain, plays special teams, and has some actual upside.

FWIW, Drew Sample makes $1.7 mil and has zero dead cap. If this guy looks good in camp and we need to free up some $$ for FA signings, we could save nearly a million by cutting Sample loose.

I am not a big fan of this year's TE class in general. Rd 3-4 tops. But I think there is better value in those rounds at other positions (edge, safety, IOL, CB, WR).
Reply/Quote
The term "camp body" is thrown around way too much, but it definitely fits, here.

He's likely a preseason cut with his ceiling being the PS. I wouldn't expect any more than that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 04:21 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Nice. That saves us from having to worry about drafting a TE. Now we can focus on other needs.

WRONG!...This guy is PS or camp fodder.
Reply/Quote
If he pans out great, if not, no big loss.

Really nothing to lose at all, so definitely worth the gamble.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

I don't think it will stop them from drafting a TE. But it may be a sign they won't be targeting a TE early in the draft. Then if the draft shakes out right and one is there late or maybe a UDFA then you take them and see how they develop.
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2022, 07:19 PM)pulses Wrote: WRONG!...This guy is PS or camp fodder.

I was kidding. I'm really not concerned about TE and would rather spend early draft picks in other area's. It could be a sign that they won't be spending any early draft picks on a TE or I atleast hope that is the case.
Reply/Quote