Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
TikTok Ban
Information 
BAN TikTok, VOTE Biden!

1st Amendment sucks, VOTE Biden!

Big Government knows what's best for us!!

The Border is NOT a National Security threat, TIKTOK is!

All hail King Biden!

Sarcasm /sarcasm

Ninja  
[Image: Pics-Art-10-07-11-00-57-1.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I mean, Trump was all for banning TikTok as well until one of the billionaire investors in the company met with him at Mar-a-largo and is likely going to be helping prop up Trump's campaign.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
this isnt completely about just tik tok will just be used to censor other platforms as well
Reply/Quote
I guess politicians don't like being blasted on platforms that they can't control.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What would Viktor Orban do?
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: this isnt completely about just tik tok will just be used to censor other platforms as well

Agreed. There is a counter bill in the Senate giving regulatory authority to the Department of Commerce for all social media apps, and if anyone thinks that won't be abused...ha!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 11:08 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: this isnt completely about just tik tok   will just be used to censor other platforms as well

(03-14-2024, 12:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Agreed. There is a counter bill in the Senate giving regulatory authority to the Department of Commerce for all social media apps, and if anyone thinks that won't be abused...ha!

This is my concern as well.  An argument can certainly be made that Tik-Tok is in a league of its own in regard to spyware, I don't trust the government to not go further.  Not at all.  An interesting side effect of this could be Biden losing a significant amount of the youth vote.  Being the POTUS who banned your favorite app isn't going to sit well with a lot of people.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is my concern as well.  An argument can certainly be made that Tik-Tok is in a league of its own in regard to spyware, I don't trust the government to not go further.  Not at all.  An interesting side effect of this could be Biden losing a significant amount of the youth vote.  Being the POTUS who banned your favorite app isn't going to sit well with a lot of people.

Is the end goal to ban TikTok or to force communist China owner to sell it to an American company?

It is a slippery slope banning a social platform. I am not sure of Trump's motives for banning it, but he does have a huge stake in a social media company Truth Social.

I have no issue with TikTok other than it is controlled by China, and they are able to extract information and create propaganda very easily. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
It's not a Biden or Trump issue or a Republican or Democrat issue, it's an issue of letting the CCP control what our country's youth is seeing.

With algorithms you can control what someone sees, and that can skew their world views and beliefs. Even more so at a younger age. It won't get better with the increasing use of AI to make deepfakes.

Ideally nobody controls the molding of our youths and they are able to just naturally absorb and grow their own opinions and thoughts, but barring that, don't let it be China.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Is the end goal to ban TikTok or to force communist China owner to sell it to an American company?

It is a slippery slope banning a social platform. I am not sure of Trump's motives for banning it, but he does have a huge stake in a social media company Truth Social.

I have no issue with TikTok other than it is controlled by China, and they are able to extract information and create propaganda very easily. 

i did hear Ex-ABK boss Bobby Kotick had interest in buying the app
Reply/Quote
The one thing the MAGA crowd in congress go against Trump on.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-03-14-160650.png]

Does anyone know what the "lockboxes" is about?  Last time I heard about those it was Al Gore putting SS in a lock box while running for POTUS in 2000.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2024, 12:38 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This is my concern as well.  An argument can certainly be made that Tik-Tok is in a league of its own in regard to spyware, I don't trust the government to not go further.  Not at all.  An interesting side effect of this could be Biden losing a significant amount of the youth vote.  Being the POTUS who banned your favorite app isn't going to sit well with a lot of people.

That was one of my first thoughts if it passed. Many Influencers in that generation and you are taking away their income and going to make them get a real job that pays less??  Not going to sit well with them
Reply/Quote
Exclamation 
[Image: Data-Hungry-The-Top-Invasive-Apps-979x1536.png]

Look at all the Meta at the top.
TikTok ranks #28.

I wonder why they don't talk about Meta? *insert eye roll*

Who in Congress/DC has invested/stock in Meta?
Do they take money from these companies?
Do they approach these companies about suppressing information?(known fact)

The relationship between Meta(Zuck) and our government needs to be talked about and investigated more!

If TikTok is such a threat, why did Sloppy Joe recently join?
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:44 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: [Image: Data-Hungry-The-Top-Invasive-Apps-979x1536.png]

TikTok ranks #28.

The relationship between Meta(Zuck) and our government needs to be talked about and investigated more!

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/meta/members-invested?id=D000033563
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 03:05 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/meta/members-invested?id=D000033563

Surprise! /sarcasm

CONTRIBUTIONS
Ranks

209 of 26,562
$835,469

LOBBYING
Ranks

9 of 9,458 in 2024

$19,300,000
in 2023

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/meta/summary?id=D000033563
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 02:44 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: [Image: Data-Hungry-The-Top-Invasive-Apps-979x1536.png]

TikTok ranks #28.

(03-15-2024, 03:11 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: Surprise! /sarcasm

CONTRIBUTIONS
Ranks

209 of 26,562
$835,469

LOBBYING
Ranks

9 of 9,458 in 2024

$19,300,000
in 2023

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/meta/summary?id=D000033563

I thought Sleepy Joe and Sloppy Joe wasnt allowed?" Can we just keep it to their names? Joe Biden and Donald Trump??? I mean....trust me....I've been wanting to use Donald Cunth for all the MacGruber fans like me.
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 05:43 PM)jmccracky Wrote: I thought Sleepy Joe and Sloppy Joe wasnt allowed?" Can we just keep it to their names? Joe Biden and Donald Trump??? I mean....trust me....I've been wanting to use Donald Cunth for all the MacGruber fans like me.

If it's not, I apologize.

I don't belong to either side and I despise career politicians as they are EXACTLY what's put us in this position today. 

I don't care what you call DT. Call him fat, orange, traitor, chump, drumpf, Hitler, whatever makes you happy. 
Even if I was in the cult as y'all call it, I would NOT care because I don't let feelings and emotions get in the way of reality. Too many folks in thier feelings nowadays and we're all supposed to bow down because something offends someone. 

I think Sloppy accurately describes his entire time on Capitol Hill. (4+ decades) 

"You can't go into a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts without a slight Indian accent." - Joe Biden
REMEMBER WHAT HE SAID ABOUT OBAMA AS VP!?

One of very many Sloppy/racist quotes from Joe Liden over the years. I could make an entire thread based of his disgusting quotes and actions alone. 

The 1994 Crime Bill is atrocious & appalling and I could call him worse for that despicable legislation. (Systemic racism)

If we all turn off the Brainwashing Box and do some critical thinking, we could see who the real enemy is and bring about actual real change. Like the debt slave system they have each and every one of us living under, regardless of political affiliation. We all have much more in common than "they" want us to realize! Unfortunately, the majority of Americans just parrot MSM talking points. We make the divide and conquer too easy for them. We bicker about Brandon and DT, social issues, etc while they get away with murder.

Operation Mockingbird anyone!?

THAT is exactly why they want to ban TikTok. They can NOT control the narrative there! Unlike their bought and paid for mouthpiece shills that tell us what they want us to know and how to think and feel. 

Does anyone seriously think that they want to ban TikTok because they care about us lmao? Does The Patriot Act ring a bell? 

I don't care what party they belong to. We have been lied to about everything for decades. Ross Perot and Ron Paul were right!
Bush Sr & Jr are War Criminals! And so is Obombya.

Bottom line, I don't have to say anything negative about DT because the CIA....err MSM does enough of that already. But they refuse to even mention any of the blatant corruption that's being going on forever. 
One NEEDS to ask themselves, WHY is that!?

JFK was trying to warn us all! In regards to the CIA, why did he want to "obliterate them into a thousand pieces"? Who was the shadow government he was referring to? 

Maybe one day, we all can have a productive conversation about the astronomical amount of kids/adults being sex trafficked and how it's allowed and who's involved(Epstein was just the tip of the iceberg), the Federal Reserve, Bohemian Grove, the Military Industrial Complex, Chemtrails, our Fiat currency, etc etc.

But most aren't ready to have those conversations because the cognitive dissonance starts kicking in. The truth would be so shocking to most they wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Whoever controls the media, controls the mind."
Reply/Quote
(03-15-2024, 06:44 PM)SouthernStripes Wrote: If it's not, I apologize.

I don't belong to either side and I despise career politicians as they are EXACTLY what's put us in this position today. 

I don't care what you call DT. Call him fat, orange, traitor, chump, drumpf, Hitler, whatever makes you happy. 
Even if I was in the cult as y'all call it, I would NOT care because I don't let feelings and emotions get in the way of reality. Too many folks in thier feelings nowadays and we're all supposed to bow down because something offends someone. 

I think Sloppy accurately describes his entire time on Capitol Hill. (4+ decades) 

"You can't go into a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts without a slight Indian accent." - Joe Biden
REMEMBER WHAT HE SAID ABOUT OBAMA AS VP!?

One of very many Sloppy/racist quotes from Joe Liden over the years. I could make an entire thread based of his disgusting quotes and actions alone. 

The 1994 Crime Bill is atrocious & appalling and I could call him worse for that despicable legislation. (Systemic racism)

If we all turn off the Brainwashing Box and do some critical thinking, we could see who the real enemy is and bring about actual real change. Like the debt slave system they have each and every one of us living under, regardless of political affiliation. We all have much more in common than "they" want us to realize! Unfortunately, the majority of Americans just parrot MSM talking points. We make the divide and conquer too easy for them. We bicker about Brandon and DT, social issues, etc while they get away with murder.

Operation Mockingbird anyone!?

THAT is exactly why they want to ban TikTok. They can NOT control the narrative there! Unlike their bought and paid for mouthpiece shills that tell us what they want us to know and how to think and feel. 

Does anyone seriously think that they want to ban TikTok because they care about us lmao? Does The Patriot Act ring a bell? 

I don't care what party they belong to. We have been lied to about everything for decades. Ross Perot and Ron Paul were right!
Bush Sr & Jr are War Criminals! And so is Obombya.

Bottom line, I don't have to say anything negative about DT because the CIA....err MSM does enough of that already. But they refuse to even mention any of the blatant corruption that's being going on forever. 
One NEEDS to ask themselves,  WHY is that!?

JFK was trying to warn us all! In regards to the CIA, why did he want to "obliterate them into a thousand pieces"? Who was the shadow government he was referring to? 

Maybe one day, we all can have a productive conversation about the astronomical amount of kids/adults being sex trafficked and how it's allowed and who's involved(Epstein was just the tip of the iceberg), the Federal Reserve, Bohemian Grove, the Military Industrial Complex, Chemtrails, our Fiat currency, etc etc.

But most aren't ready to have those conversations because the cognitive dissonance starts kicking in. The truth would be so shocking to most they wouldn't be able to handle it.

"Whoever controls the media, controls the mind."

1. I didn't say you were in a cult. Who are the "y'all" that you are lumping me with? Lol

2. I made a joke because I was trying to not come off as a dick. Lol. But there is a whole thread about calling politicians name. 

3. Reading the rest of your post, I'm trying to get away from the far right and far left BS. You love Trump. I don't care that you do. I cant stand him and think he's an autocrat who hates America and Democracy. 

4. I've made jokes about Biden too. I do a pretty good impersonation this side of Dana Carvey (seriously....look his Biden impersonation up!). Yall need some George Carlin in your life. It's ok to make a joke about someone, especially a politician, even if you really like them.

5. I voted for Gary Johnson in 2016. Bush in 2000. I would seriously consider Nikki Haley if she'd stop endorsing Trump. 

I was just trying to warn you so you didn't get in trouble. That's all. I, for one, like having folks who I disagree with to talk politics. I hate the echo chamber and hive mindedness that folks on the left and right are doing. I'm not here for that. We can disagree on things, but still be united. I'm not about division. I'm not perfect and I try not to act like it. Humility is something I try to practice these days. 
Reply/Quote
One more thing, Southernstripes, if you've ever seen MacGruber, you'd get my Cunth joke.
Reply/Quote
We’ve been hearing TikTok is Chinese spyware since it first came out back in 2018-2019. For that very reason I never installed it yet I watched the popularity explode. Why in the hell have we allowed brain draining Chinese spyware to operate for so long?

Yes it should be banned.

No it’s not a 1st amendment issue. It’s a national security issue. The Chinese communist party shouldn’t get to control what millions in America are watching. Fairly easy open and shut case imo.
Reply/Quote