Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
California
Anyone ever been to LA, Sacramento or SF? I heard California is dirty and bumper to bumper traffic. You guys ever been out there? If so what was your experience?
Reply/Quote
if you find the word "OHIO" spelled out with rocks on a beach... My dad and I did that.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 01:05 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Anyone ever been to LA, Sacramento or SF? I heard California is dirty and bumper to bumper traffic. You guys ever been out there? If so what was your experience?

I have been to L.A., Sacramento and S.F., as well as a bunch of other places in California. L.A. and most of the places south of L.A. on the coast are bumper to bumper. You can still get around, it just takes a lot of patience. Driving in the rest of the state is pretty much like everywhere else in the U.S.

As far as dirty, California is no worse than most places back east. In fact, it is better than most. None of them compare to the Four Corners area (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah) or Alaska as far as being clean. Wine Country and NoCal are pretty nice.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 12:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: if you find the word "OHIO" spelled out with rocks on a beach...    My dad and I did that.

I heard Ohio rocks.

Mellow
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 03:06 PM)Benton Wrote: I heard Ohio rocks.

Mellow

That it does lol....     (don't think that was on our mind at the time we did it though lol )
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 12:54 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: I have been to L.A., Sacramento and S.F., as well as a bunch of other places in California. L.A. and most of the places south of L.A. on the coast are bumper to bumper. You can still get around, it just takes a lot of patience. Driving in the rest of the state is pretty much like everywhere else in the U.S.

As far as dirty, California is no worse than most places back east. In fact, it is better than most. None of them compare to the Four Corners area (Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado and Utah) or Alaska as far as being clean. Wine Country and NoCal are pretty nice.
I loved NM, when I visited.
I have definitely pondered retiring there or AZ.
I'm also looking at Costa Rica, too.....lol

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2016, 09:35 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I loved NM, when I visited.
I have definitely pondered retiring there or AZ.
I'm also looking at Costa Rica, too.....lol

I had no idea you were close to retirement age.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not, really.
I'm 47, but like to plan ahead.
To be honest, most of my family members haven't made it much past 65, so I may make some concessions to retire early.
I suppose that's really why I think about it.

Reply/Quote
Hey Roto and Tiger how you guys been?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 01:56 AM)packerbacker Wrote: Hey Roto and Tiger how you guys been?
Not bad.... same old, same old.
How about you ?
Sounds like you've been traveling..

Reply/Quote
If your planning a trip to California, you have to check out Yosemite, the Bay area in general, and the 1 on the Pacific coast.... Especially the Big Sur, Monterrey, and Santa Cruz area.

I also hear that the Ohio rock formation is amazing as well.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I was born in SF and have lived in LA since 1986. What do you want to know specifically? If your question is about traffic, Los Angeles is the worst city for traffic in the US. Anything else?
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2016, 10:11 PM)jason Wrote: If your planning a trip to California, you have to check out Yosemite, the Bay area in general, and the 1 on the Pacific coast.... Especially the Big Sur, Monterrey, and Santa Cruz area.

I also hear that the Ohio rock formation is amazing as well.

Jason nailed it.

The Mrs. is from a little town about halfway between the Bay and Yosemite, and so I've had the pleasure of doing everything he stated, and you won't be disappointed.

The Pacific Coast Highway is also stunning from the Bay northwards.  It ends and picks up highway 101 which passes through the Coastal Redwood groves then continues up the Oregon coast to the Columbia River Gorge.  If you get the opportunity to drive it, you'll probably agree that it is the most stunning coast line you will ever see.

The Napa area is also quite beautiful.  Lodi is also a great town if you like wine, as most Zinfandel grapes are grown there, and they have many great wineries in that area.  I'm not quite sure why CCR was so down on that town, because I always make it a point to hit it up when we head out to visit her family.

I've never made it further south than Big Sur on the coast or Fresno inland, but the next time we head out we are going to try to swing a trip to LA, but we are also leaning towards going to Tahoe, and that might win out since I'll get to see Mount Shasta again, which is an amazing view.  A plus there is that I can make the route back to home base (her dad's house) go through Yosemite, which hands down is the prettiest place I've ever been.
Reply/Quote