Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Tim McGee's great idea
On Cincy Jungle former Bengals WR Tim McGee says if the Bengals don't pick an o-lineman with their 5th they should draft another QB .

According to Tim, multiple QBs will be needed because Burrow will be in the hospital again because of their pathetic o line.

So obviously true if you have watched their games over the last 2 to 3 years.

Good man Tim.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 01:55 PM)bengals67 Wrote: On Cincy Jungle former Bengals WR Tim McGee says if the Bengals don't pick an o-lineman with their 5th they should draft another QB .

According to Tim, multiple QBs will be needed because Burrow will be in the hospital again because of their pathetic o line.

So obviously true if you have watched their games over the last 2 to 3 years.

Good man Tim.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.
Reply/Quote
I like Tim, but this is a pretty obviously exaggerated take. Picking OL at #5 overall isn't the only way to protect Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:53 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: I like Tim, but this is a pretty obviously exaggerated take. Picking OL at #5 overall isn't the only way to protect Burrow.

With a generation talent like Sewell available after two years of the worst offensive line performances in team history... it just makes the most sense. Muñoz and Willie were both drafted high in the first round, and both of them were cornerstones this team for a decade. Sewell could be even better than both of them. OL is the biggest weakness right now, IMO...

However, with that said... OL can absolutely be addressed in rounds 2 and 3. If the pick is Sewell or Chase, I’ll be happy either way. Just hope to God there’s an elite OL talent there in the 2nd round
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:53 PM)mas_fuerte Wrote: I like Tim, but this is a pretty obviously exaggerated take. Picking OL at #5 overall isn't the only way to protect Burrow.

keeping him on the bench

Competent coaches

A run game
Reply/Quote

(04-15-2021, 02:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: With a generation talent like Sewell available after two years of the worst offensive line performances in team history... it just makes the most sense. Muñoz and Willie were both drafted high in the first round, and both of them were cornerstones this team for a decade. Sewell could be even better than both of them. OL is the biggest weakness right now, IMO...

However, with that said... OL can absolutely be addressed in rounds 2 and 3. If the pick is Sewell or Chase, I’ll be happy either way. Just hope to God there’s an elite OL talent there in the 2nd round

Both you guys are spot on. One pick won't fix the entire OL anyways I want Sewell but would also love Pitts or Chase and go 
OL in the 2nd to 4th rounds just as much. Have to keep our minds open to the possibility that Pollack also likes other OL better
than even Sewell, who knows? He worked with Sewell more than any coach at his pro day and right after I heard more Chase 
chatter than Sewell chatter from our guys for some reason.
Reply/Quote
Like Time McGee would know what a good #1 receiver looks like....
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 02:56 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: With a generation talent like Sewell available after two years of the worst offensive line performances in team history... it just makes the most sense. Muñoz and Willie were both drafted high in the first round, and both of them were cornerstones this team for a decade. Sewell could be even better than both of them. OL is the biggest weakness right now, IMO...

If he was a generational talent they'd take him.  But nobody believes that to be the case anymore.
Reply/Quote

no one is a generational talent until they prove they are the best of a generation (15+years) on the NFL field.
Reply/Quote

But probably is the best and most effective way to protect Burrow considering all phases of the game and coaching staff etc. Big difference from top of round 1 to 2nd round in terms of tiers and positional space filler.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will have a top 10 OT combination this upcoming season regardless of who they draft at 5. Rieff and Williams are good players the problem isn't Tackle but at guard. Drafting Sewell doesn't solve the G problem.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:50 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: no one is a generational talent until they prove they are the best of a generation (15+years) on the NFL field.

Well, he is talented. I still think Pitts is the guy that could be like no other type of Receiver. Can play TE, WR and you can move 
him around to find any mismatch you like. 6'6" Receiver/TE that can run a 4.44 forty with great hands that can run crisp routes is 
extremely rare. Something I don't think I have seen before besides maybe Calvin Johnson who was only a WR.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals will have a top 10 OT combination this upcoming season regardless of who they draft at 5. Rieff and Williams are good players the problem isn't Tackle but at guard. Drafting Sewell doesn't solve the G problem.

Sewell can play Guard.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:59 PM)J24 Wrote: The Bengals will have a top 10 OT combination this upcoming season regardless of who they draft at 5. Rieff and Williams are good players the problem isn't Tackle but at guard. Drafting Sewell doesn't solve the G problem.

There is no way drafting Sewell doesn't solve the G problem this year. Williams, Rieff, Sewell as OT, worst of the 3 plays G, which would still be better than any G on the roster.

Draft another G in 3 or 4 for when Rieff's 1 year rental is up. 

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:32 PM)yang Wrote: Like Time McGee would know what a good #1 receiver looks like....

He played across from Eddie Brown... so, I'll say yes he does. He had a first hand look at one.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:09 PM)Burma Wrote: There is no way drafting Sewell doesn't solve the G problem this year. Williams, Rieff, Sewell as OT, worst of the 3 plays G, which would still be better than any G on the roster.

Draft another G in 3 or 4 for when Rieff's 1 year rental is up. 

Also extending Reiff could still be in the cards if he plays well.
Reply/Quote

So.....  Williams and Reiff together rank as a top 10 tackle duo?  I can't find any data that comes even close to consider that.  But yes, up the middle at guard is a bigger problem.  Adding Sewell will help with slotting people into upgrading the middle better.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:24 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Both you guys are spot on. One pick won't fix the entire OL anyways I want Sewell but would also love Pitts or Chase and go 
OL in the 2nd to 4th rounds just as much. Have to keep our minds open to the possibility that Pollack also likes other OL better
than even Sewell, who knows? He worked with Sewell more than any coach at his pro day and right after I heard more Chase 
chatter than Sewell chatter from our guys for some reason.

I think the Bengals should take OL twice in the first three rounds.   They lose Jonah, they screwed, they lose Ratliff, they screwed.  The conservative approach would be to take Sewell, maybe the smart approach, but not what I'd do if Pitts was there.
Based upon dead money the starting line consists of
Hopkins starting at center if healthy
Williams LT
Ratliff RT
Billy Price can't be cut nor traded but only has a dead money hit of $1.6 million.
Filo has dead money of $1 million.
Everybody else on contract could be cut without stacking up a bunch of dead money.
So not only could the Bengals absorb 2 OL's at the top of the draft, they could absorb 3 or 4. from the entire draft.  I doubt they do it, but the payroll say it can be done.  
Reply/Quote
The biggest point in Tim's statement was this simple truth:

If they are committed to winning and the future the pick is OL.

If Taylor is trying to save face and keep his options open after the Bengals fire him, the pick is Chase.

All these former players that watch his team and know this team say take Sewell (Munoz, Lapham, Tim McGee, Willie Anderson, Hawkins)

Then the team Chase side is... people who have no connection to the team or no NFL career

Jim Mora Jr - A coach with one winning NFL season, all seasons in the NFC and probably the only player he knows on the roster is Burrow... so of course he is team Chase.

Tony Pike - Who had 1 season in the NFL with Carolina. Cedric Ogbuehi has a longer career... let that sink in. Tony is a great college QB, and has a ton of insight into the Bearcats and is beloved for his season here, but he is a college guy not a pro guy. It's a different game.

Mitchell Schwartz - A guys tweets him and sets him up with if you believe LT is set (it isn't Jonah is an injury concern) then do you take the pass catcher. He replies if you think it is set then you take the pass catcher.. again a guy who doesn't know the Bengals roster. And if you count his opinion, then count Jeff Saturday's opinion and Dominque Foxworth's opinion that both called it "malpractice" to take Chase over Sewell. Saturday by the way is retired and still heavily involved in the NFLPA because of how smart he is and how respected he is by every player in the league...

lastly for team Chase...

Duke ***** Tobin - The second dumbest man in the Bengals front office, since Mike still has a pulse. This ass clown brought you John Ross and Billy Price. He has shown that he isn't good at this job, we've all hated on him and wanted him gone for years. Now half the board must think the guy is a genius because... team Chase.

McGee is 100% right, if they pick Chase, it's Taylor trying to save face and the team trying to sell tickets. Chase will be a good player, but he isn't the right player for this team's current needs.

Is what it is though. The Bengals will pick him, and maybe after the next 5 or 6 win season we'll learn... doubtful... but maybe.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote