Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time Crystals Created, Suspending Laws of Physics
http://www.space.com/36017-time-crystals-created-in-the-lab.html?utm_source=notification

Here's the obligatory "out" that's always added in...
"However, it's important to note that these time crystals don't "break" the fundamental laws of thermodynamics per se; they just put them off as long as the experiment is running, Potter said.

"Thermodynamics is only ever supposed to describe the long-term behavior once you reach this thermal steady state, so it never describes short-term dynamics before you reach thermal equilibrium," Potter said.
By keeping the system in a dynamic state, then, the new experiments simply hold the matter in a regime in which thermodynamics ordinarily wouldn't apply, he added."

I read an article recently that said something about, 'proof why ghosts can't exist' and it was explaining why something like a soul or consciousness can't exist outside the body. It's all hullabaloo and egomaniacal poof. I get and appreciate the search for knowledge and greater understanding. I'm sure there's still an amazing amount of stuff out there that's simply not known/hasn't been found and i love reading about this stuff. It fascinates the crap out of me. 

So, i'll stand by my previously made and currently stood-by assertion that the more answers man finds to how and why things work and what's out there, it point just as much toward there needing to be some kind of order and/or design to the universe. 

Have a nice day. #gocats #BBN

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Of all the things science has figured out in the history of man, how it all began is not one of them. Many who swear by evolution differ on that answer or have none. I think then more we learn the less we will understand in this matter.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-12-2017, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the things science has figured out in the history of man, how it all began is not one of them. Many who swear by evolution differ on that answer or have none. I think then more we learn the less we will understand in this matter.

That's because how it all began is a separate concept from evolution. But those opposed to it still keep trying to force the two together. That muddying up of the waters might have something to do with the amount of comprehension. Its my assertion that those opposed to evolution intentionally do their best to keep it mixed up.
(03-12-2017, 07:21 PM)Beaker Wrote: That's because how it all began is a separate concept from evolution. But those opposed to it still keep trying to force the two together. That muddying up of the waters might have something to do with the amount of comprehension. Its my assertion that those opposed to evolution intentionally do their best to keep it mixed up.

Oh, I firmly believe an earlier man evolved into what we are today. I did not say they were the same concept as many folks that belief in a sort of evolution also believe in  a sort of creator I actually brought them up tp illustrate that they are different concepts. . I also do not believe that everything was crated in six 24 hour days. 

Of course where life began is a good point of discussion; but I have no doubt it was created. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-12-2017, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of all the things science has figured out in the history of man, how it all began is not one of them. Many who swear by evolution differ on that answer or have none. I think then more we learn the less we will understand in this matter.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-12-2017, 11:31 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: ... it point just as much toward there needing to be some kind of order and/or design to the universe.

The crazy thing to me is how numbers or functions like Pi and the Natural Log (and its inverse) are everywhere.

Now, our math was created to describe and order things around us.  And it seems simple enough that someone looking at circles, or perhaps building towers/columns/temples, would come to derive the formula.

But it seems a remarkable coincidence that these numbers would occur over and over again in physics, biology, astronomy....even the valuation of stock options (which uses both Pi and Ln, among other things!)

And for that matter, how does a Base 10 counting system end-up being so powerful and robust in describing our world?
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-17-2017, 01:14 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And for that matter, how does a Base 10 counting system end-up being so powerful and robust in describing our world?

Git yer commie metric talk outta here!
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-17-2017, 01:14 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: The crazy thing to me is how numbers or functions like Pi and the Natural Log (and its inverse) are everywhere.

Now, our math was created to describe and order things around us.  And it seems simple enough that someone looking at circles, or perhaps building towers/columns/temples, would come to derive the formula.

But it seems a remarkable coincidence that these numbers would occur over and over again in physics, biology, astronomy....even the valuation of stock options (which uses both Pi and Ln, among other things!)

And for that matter, how does a Base 10 counting system end-up being so powerful and robust in describing our world?

Phi (1.618....) is one of the most fascinating numbers ever. Also known as the Golden Ratio or the Golden Number, it is found in numerous things from ancient architecture, anatomy, plants, geometry, so-on. 

Fibonacci discovered it within his sequence of numbers : 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89 etc etc  (1+2 is 3, 3+2 is 5, 5+3 is 8, and so-on). Now take 89 / 55, and you get 1.6181818....  . The longer the sequence goes, the closer to 1.618 the ratio becomes.

Anyways I suggest to anyone to google 'Golden Ratio', or 'Phi', or '1.618'. Does that ratio that even the Ancients discovered just mere coincidence, or is there something more to it?
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(03-17-2017, 02:51 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Phi (1.618....) is one of the most fascinating numbers ever. Also known as the Golden Ratio or the Golden Number, it is found in numerous things from ancient architecture, anatomy, plants, geometry, so-on. 

Fibonacci discovered it within his sequence of numbers : 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89 etc etc  (1+2 is 3, 3+2 is 5, 5+3 is 8, and so-on). Now take 89 / 55, and you get 1.6181818....  . The longer the sequence goes, the closer to 1.618 the ratio becomes.

Anyways I suggest to anyone to google 'Golden Ratio', or 'Phi', or '1.618'. Does that ratio that even the Ancients discovered just mere coincidence, or is there something more to it?

I'm thinking Phi=God
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall