Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a coaching change?
It's been time for a coaching change since 2010 Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 05:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To who, Bruce Coslet?

Who in the hell is saying that? Letting Marvin go does not automatically mean it's back to 90's Bungle football. There will be plenty of options out there once the season ends.
Reply/Quote
A random person off the street could do better. At least such a person might actually have fire and passion which are FAR more important than X and O knowledge in a head coach.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:21 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Who in the hell is saying that? Letting Marvin go does not automatically mean it's back to 90's Bungle football. There will be plenty of options out there once the season ends.

Fine...Dave Shula.  I should point out the old argument against firing Marvin for years is that we need to remember how things were before he got here. I'm joking. It's what I do.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:07 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Yup.  They'll regret letting Zimmer go.  Mark my words.
No, THEY won't, but WE certainly do!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:18 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: It was time for a coaching change before Zimmer left Cincinnati. Never should have let the guy walk out the door. He's up in Minnesota beating Aaron Rodgers and Cam Newton with Sam Bradford and no AP.

Meanwhile Marvin Lewis is losing to some dude named Semen because he went into prevent O and D with 10 minutes left in the game and only a 1 point lead.

Some here will continue to argue the point that there is no on better than Lewis available, as if there's some sort of crystal ball that tells the future record of all head coaches (with and without experience).  It's that herd mentality and acceptance for mediocrity that got us into this decades long mess in the first place.

For Bengals fans with more than 15 years following this team, I think we should prepare for a reset.  This team is just nowhere close to last year's team.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: A random person off the street could do better. At least such a person might actually have fire and passion which are FAR more important than X and O knowledge in a head coach.

Yes, but Marvin is right up Mikey Boy's alley.  Cheap, and does just enough to get by.  I used to scoff at people who said Lewis essentially has a job for life here.  Thinking, very naively, that even Mike Brown would make a change after awhile.  But nope.  Mikey will always side with Marvin when the prospect of a possible coaching change comes up (which no doubt has plenty of times over the years).

As long as Marv keeps this team at or above .500 and at least competing for a Wildcard spot that's all that matters.  Even in some cases a straight garbage-a** season is just brushed aside. 

Postseason results, clunker regular season games, the excessive clapping of hands and mouthing "let's go!" due to him not knowing what the f*ck to do half the time just falls by the wayside.

We as fans will ***** and moan which is more than justifiable after 13 years of this crap, but the only, and I mean only, person on this planet whose opinion counts has the perspective that really no matter what the Head Coach is doing just fine.  'The hell with everyone else.  

Such is the hell of being a Bengals fan.  
Reply/Quote
Time for a coaching change? Can you please ask me if clouds are grey and the sky is blue also please?

I DO think Marv in somewhat underrated... purely in the sense that he is not a trashcan Head Coach, he's brought what was a joke of a Franchise up to being a consistently top end REGULAR SEASON team. That is not to be sniffed at.

However, it's been blindingly obvious for years now that he has done as much as he is capable of here. He has given us regular season success, and bungled away every single opportunity at more than that. Look at our playoff losses, there is absolutely no way he should be 0-7.

Marv took us as far as he could ages ago. We need someone to take this good roster, and take us further.
Reply/Quote
i'd like to see if marvin actually got another HC opportunity. if he were fired from here. my guess is he would become a DC again and remain there until his retirement. like many have said we let marv's replacements go not just once not even twice. 3 times we had a chance at another HC.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:37 PM)WildCat Wrote: i'd like to see if marvin actually got another HC opportunity. if he were fired from here. my guess is he would become a DC again and remain there until his retirement. like many have said we let marv's replacements go not just once not even twice. 3 times we had a chance at another HC.

We had both Zim and Hue fall to us on a plate. I'm not so convinced if Hue would've been a good HC option here, but we let Zim walk to keep Marvin... that's just a new level of dumb.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a GM!!!!
Reply/Quote
Havent made a list yet. But I think Josh McDaniels deserves another shot being a head coach. As the QB coach and OC he has the Patriots working well with a couple guys starting their first NFL games.
Reply/Quote
Like everyone else said, it's been time. But we've let all the good coaches go and we're back at square one with (or lack thereof) options.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Marvin could start out 1-13 and still have job security. Mike Brown would say something like "well, we have not been as successful as we would have liked, but I feel like we did some good things and we'll just hope for a better outcome next year". Then he will calmly walk back into his office, log onto his computer, and make sure that week's check from the NFL has hit his accounts.
Reply/Quote
I assume Marvin will be here until Dalton and Green follow suit and demand trades too.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I assume Marvin will be here until Dalton and Green follow suit and demand trades too.

Will that start his fourth or fifth rebuild?  
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Marvin is a GM!!!!

Thought that was Duke Tobin.  (Not that the drafts lately have been exactly killing it.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 07:53 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Thought that was Duke Tobin.  (Not that the drafts lately have been exactly killing it.)

Tbf Tobin & Co can't predict all the injures. Unless most of these guys had a lot of injuries in college, whichI don't think has been the case.

Reply/Quote
We let go of THE game changer. Other than Zimmer, I don't think it matters now who we get, we will still be the same ol'.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:20 PM)TKUHL Wrote: This team has no discipline. NE still kicks ass with a 3rd string rookie QB cause they have a real coach. You dont see players giving up on plays, taking themselves out of the game, bonehead penalty's. I have watched teams score on us while our line is being held over and over and Marvin does nothing. Between the refs and the way this team looks i cant bare to watch anymore. As bad as we look we still had control of this game in the first quarter till the refs took control then we just crumble. I dont see this team making the playoffs this year. I know its early but with the ways things are going Eifert and Burfict are not going to save us from ourselves. Both lines suck, our D is pathetic and the play calling is a joke. Hard to overcome the refs playing as poor as we do.

This... I'm almost certain that Bob Kraft could take a Div2 college team and win 8 games in the NFL. 
Reply/Quote