Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for a coaching change?
That is probably an overreaction but man I wasn't feeling Guenther today. Sure we had a few good defensive plays and stopped the run but we made a rookie QB who has thus far been pretty bad look like Aaron Rodgers. And whomever the DBs coach is, why is 'quez Dennard so terrible? You pay him millions and drafted him high, at least get up in his face for his mediocre play.

Offensively we were disappointing but I'm going to say this is a pretty good defense so I understand that. And the ref ball hasn't stopped. Is there anyway to stop refs from betting on games, because it seems like they've bet against us for the second week in a row.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Guys on here saying the change should've happened in 2010 yet I'm over here myself thinking it should've been after 2007 and if not then, definitely after 2008.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:15 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That is probably an overreaction but man I wasn't feeling Guenther today. Sure we had a few good defensive plays and stopped the run but we made a rookie QB who has thus far been pretty bad look like Aaron Rodgers. And whomever the DBs coach is, why is 'quez Dennard so terrible? You pay him millions and drafted him high, at least get up in his face for his mediocre play.

Offensively we were disappointing but I'm going to say this is a pretty good defense so I understand that. And the ref ball hasn't stopped. Is there anyway to stop refs from betting on games, because it seems like they've bet against us for the second week in a row.

Thats not just a DC issue,  Its Marvin. Rookie QB's always look great against us other than Johnny Football.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:04 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: This... I'm almost certain that Bob Kraft could take a Div2 college team and win 8 games in the NFL. 

Do you mean Belichick?  Kraft is the owner.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:15 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: That is probably an overreaction but man I wasn't feeling Guenther today. Sure we had a few good defensive plays and stopped the run but we made a rookie QB who has thus far been pretty bad look like Aaron Rodgers. And whomever the DBs coach is, why is 'quez Dennard so terrible? You pay him millions and drafted him high, at least get up in his face for his mediocre play.

I do agree about the refs. This season has been a joke so far. I see blatant holding not called yet they get Zeitler on that BS, Kirk for hands inside 5 yards, and the only difference between the knee fumble this week is the clear view of the ball, his knee was down there is no way you can call that a fumble no matter what the call on the field was. Why even allow a challenge. Pathetic.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 08:57 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Do you mean Belichick?  Kraft is the owner.

No...I mean Kraft. It's his team. Belichick is a great coach, but it's Kraft's organization that is top notch on all levels that breeds winning regardless of the talent of the players. They demand perfection... Something that is sorely missing in the Bengals organization. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
We already know that if Marvin goes that Guenther will become HC.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:27 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: No...I mean Kraft. It's his team. Belichick is a great coach, but it's Kraft's organization that is top notch on all levels that breeds winning regardless of the talent of the players. They demand perfection... Something that is sorely missing in the Bengals organization. 

Yes, Kraft is the owner, but Belichick runs the ship.  He is the football genius and Kraft is smart enough to get out of the way and let him do his thing.  Unlike a certain 25 year tenured General Manager that we have.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We already know that if Marvin goes that Guenther will become HC.

Exactly. I've been ready for Marvin to go since the 08 season, but at this point, I'm not looking forward to the "coaching search" that we'll conduct. We'll bring in a guy for the Rooney rule, some other random guy, and then give the job to Paul Guenther. It'd just feel like the same thing.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Exactly. I've been ready for Marvin to go since the 08 season, but at this point, I'm not looking forward to the "coaching search" that we'll conduct. We'll bring in a guy for the Rooney rule, some other random guy, and then give the job to Paul Guenther. It'd just feel like the same thing.

Bengals did not promote from within when they hired Marvin, Zimmer, or Gruden.

Don't know why people act like that is all the Bengals ever do.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 06:23 PM)Joelist Wrote: ...At least such a person might actually have fire and passion which are FAR more important than X and O knowledge in a head coach.

Please tell me this is sarcasm.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals did not promote from within when they hired Marvin, Zimmer, or Gruden.

Don't know why people act like that is all the Bengals ever do.

They also promoted Shula, Coslet, LeBeau, Hue, Paul G, and Zamp.

You're right, we're silly to think that the Bengals will promote from within. Despite reading articles from Hobs and the beat writers that the organization loves Paul G.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
As the old saying goes "Adapt or die". My biggest problem with Marvin is that it seems that he never makes in game adjustments and that we win because we have talent versus coaching. It's seems like they pick a game plan of how to attack a team during the week and stick with it regardless of how effective it is during the game. I've said this even when they were winning over the years. I live in New England so it's sicking when I see how Belichick wins with a 3rd string qb no Brady or Gronk. Even this game they said they were going to stack the box and let the Qb beat them which he did repeatedly. Once they saw that Siemian could make the throws they should have adjusted the defensive. Also I wonder if Belichick would have let his 5th string corner cover Demaryius Thomas without help over the top. Siemian immediately saw Chris Lewis-Harris on Thomas knew it was a mismatch and just threw it up for grabs. I marked us down for a loss immediately when I saw we were playing New England , Belichick will be playing Chest while Marvy will be playing checkers. I know we beat them in Cincy a few years ago but we had Zimmer a coach who could make adjustments.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2016, 09:31 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: We already know that if Marvin goes that Guenther will become HC.

Then when we regress people can shout "See, I told you we'd be worse when Marvin left!!!!"  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
WHy are we so eager to see Paul Guenther as a HC?

Me? I think he'd do things differently from Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 08:30 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: WHy are we so eager to see Paul Guenther as a HC?

Me? I think he'd do things differently from Lewis.

How exactly?

Just curious. I haven't seen nor heard much from him that makes me think that, so just curious as to what you think would be different.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-26-2016, 04:47 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: They also promoted Shula, Coslet, LeBeau, Hue, Paul G, and Zamp.

You're right, we're silly to think that the Bengals will promote from within. Despite reading articles from Hobs and the beat writers that the organization loves Paul G.

If Marvy finally steps down and Mikey promotes someone from within, I may give up my charter membership. But, then no one cares if I do. Whatever
Reply/Quote