Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time for my serving of Crow
I was one of the bigger bangers of the sit Joe Burrow down crowd, and I was wrong. I was worried about his long term health playing like he was prior to yesterday. He was just a giant immobile target!! And playing like crap.

I never dreamed he would turn it around so fast, and I was wrong. I don't pretend to be a soft tissue injury expert or a Doctor, but I'm shocked.

But I'm also very happy I was wrong.

Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was one of the bigger bangers of the sit Joe Burrow down crowd, and I was wrong. I was worried about his long term health playing like he was prior to yesterday. He was just a giant immobile target!! And playing like crap.

I never dreamed he would turn it around so fast, and I was wrong. I don't pretend to be a soft tissue injury expert or a Doctor, but I'm shocked.

Who Dey

Don't feel bad, I was for letting him play through it, then last week happened. I flipped and said I'd seen enough, lol. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was one of the bigger bangers of the sit Joe Burrow down crowd, and I was wrong.

I would argue that you were NOT wrong. clearly Joe wa snot ready to play until this past week. We probably win at least 1 more game if we game planned around Browning instead of a gimpy Joe
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:15 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I would argue that you were NOT wrong. clearly Joe wa snot ready to play until this past week. We probably win at least 1 more game if we game planned around Browning instead of a gimpy Joe

You've gotta wonder? 

Lets just hope we can go on a 6-1 run or something, get back in the mix. 
Reply/Quote
Bengal flavored Crow is always tasty.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
On a different note, I wonder how many fantasy players didn't start Burrow and or Chase, and then lived on to regret that decision?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:11 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I was one of the bigger bangers of the sit Joe Burrow down crowd, and I was wrong. I was worried about his long term health playing like he was prior to yesterday. He was just a giant immobile target!! And playing like crap.

Who Dey

Eh, don't eat too much crow. There isn't anything wrong having week-to-week takes about all-things Bengals. This forum would pretty vanilla if the only posts were "Who Dey" & "Go Bengals" without any hot takes or analysis.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: You've gotta wonder? 

Lets just hope we can go on a 6-1 run or something, get back in the mix. 

Timing is everything for getting hot and going on a run in the NFL. I want them to make the playoffs and then see their best ball emerge so they can win the Super Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 10:48 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Timing is everything for getting hot and going on a run in the NFL. I want them to make the playoffs and then see their best ball emerge so they can win the Super Bowl.

The season is still early (although it doesn't feel that way with the start and Joey B's injury).  All of the original team goals are still possible but they have a lot of improving to do to get there.  

The bye is actually coming at a good time this year.  More time for JB to get healthy and too try and fix things on both lines.  Also wouldn't hurt for the defense to watch some 2022 tape of themselves tacking!
Reply/Quote
Joe should have sat until he could move like he could yesterday. We don't watch him in practice, so we don't know when he's really ready. He should have 100% sat until yesterday, or maybe even the Titans if he healed quicker due to resting.
Reply/Quote
I would argue that some of this is playing a weak Cardinals defense. Their pass rush isn't as good as the others we faced.

I doubt that he miraculously healed between last game where he looked terrible and this game. Likely he felt somewhat better.
Reply/Quote
The NFL is soo matchup based.

We looked terrible against the Titans. Then against the Colts, the Titans didn't look great.

But, against the Cardinals, we looked really good.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The NFL is soo matchup based.

We looked terrible against the Titans. Then against the Colts, the Titans didn't look great.

But, against the Cardinals, we looked really good.

Division games are always weird. It’s the same way the Ravens always look like shit against even mediocre Steelers teams.

Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that some of this is playing a weak Cardinals defense. Their pass rush isn't as good as the others we faced.

I doubt that he miraculously healed between last game where he looked terrible and this game. Likely he felt somewhat better.

It's a fair point bringing up they went against the Cardinals. That acknowledged, we all know the deal: They don't control the schedule or the competition.

I'm glad they won but they'll need to improve to beat better quality teams.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

I'll have some of that crow as well.  It does appear we're back on track somewhat.  JB looks awesome once again but let's remember, Arizona's D ain't that good and they had their backup QB in.  

This week against the Seahawks will be our first true test of the season.  FWIW, I don't think the Browns or the Ravens are worth a damn and we should've beat both teams if we had a healthy JB.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 11:13 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I would argue that some of this is playing a weak Cardinals defense. Their pass rush isn't as good as the others we faced.

The cardinals have the 5th most sacks this year. FYI.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

It still can potentially be an issue. Just saying

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
I’ll never doubt Joe Burrow again. Dude was injured and played through it to get his reps with the boys. Very tough. The thing is fans will always try to make a whipping boy of someone while the team is losing. We desperately needed that performance, anything short of that and the vibe would have been very different going in to Seattle. Burrow is back! After the Titans game I was left hopeless, but now I can see the light in the end of the tunnel. We might be heading into the bye week on a winning streak.
Reply/Quote
(10-09-2023, 12:11 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It still can potentially be an issue. Just saying

Week-to-week with his calf and this team, for sure.
Reply/Quote

Who Dey

No crow will be served. You were right to be skeptical, and I'm not so sure you should let your guard down so soon. He looked good against a very bad defense. Next week will test how he really is doing. I have a feeling he's going to be moving out of the pocket a lot because our OL is back to sucking shit again. 

Reply/Quote