Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Time to Move on From Joe.
(11-23-2020, 07:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Well it sounds like he will be lucky to actually be starting before October... I would be looking at veterans looking for a 1 year contract that could be longer.. something like what Dalton did this year with Dallas.  I could see Winston available after this season.. he could be someone to look at ... or Mariota could be available after this season.  

I think he will be sooner than that, but I do agree, we need someone that can start day 1, if he can't and it cannot be Finley. 
Reply/Quote
Depression is real guys but there's counseling and/or medication that can help. The doom and gloom here can be so over the top. Going through life with such a constant negative outlook isn't healthy.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:51 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: ACL injury and knee replacement big difference

Brady also tore his MCL.  Joe also doesn't need a knee replacement.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:09 PM)Whatever Wrote: Brady also tore his MCL.  Joe also doesn't need a knee replacement.

Can’t believe that had to be said...

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: Depression is real guys but there's counseling and/or medication that can help. The doom and gloom here can be so over the top. Going through life with such a constant negative outlook isn't healthy.

Legal marijuana can cure most of that.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Depression is telling us all we have is Winston, Mariota, Bradford (for crying out loud), RGIII or something of the sort to look forward to next year.

We have to have a better plan.

If not we were already behind by about a decade the way this division looks going forward, and are risking making it a generation.

I'm not advocating moving on from Joe.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Depression is telling us all we have is Winston, Mariota, Bradford (for crying out loud), RGIII or something of the sort to look forward to next year.

If not we were already behind by about a decade the way this division looks going forward, and are risking making it a generation.

if you are not advocating to move on from Joe.. im not really sure what plan there is besides a veteran being added to team.. 
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: if you are not advocating to move on from Joe.. im not really sure what plan there is besides a veteran being added to team.. 

Fair enough. There's no avoiding a Flacco et al led Bengals for a few games next year. Regardless of other options. 

Worse case scenario we rush Joe back. I hope he starts the season on PUP, if we are going to try to salvage the pick we have to thread cautiously.  

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: Fair enough. There's no avoiding a Flacco et al led Bengals for a few games next year. Regardless of other options. 

Worse case scenario we rush Joe back. I hope he starts the season on PUP, if we are going to try to salvage the pick we have to thread cautiously.  

Agree
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well I know I am going to get a lot of hate and probably thrown up on but we should start preparing as if Joe does not come back.  So what is the plan?  If he does come back next year great but I am not hopeful he is coming back like expected Joe to lead the Team for the next 10-12 years. If he does Great but damaged goods is damaged goods.  So what are some real QB scenarios?

https://www-foxnews-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.foxnews.com/sports/bengals-joe-burrow-knee-injury-more-significant-than-anticipated.amp?amp_js_v=a6&_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQFKAGwASA%3D#aoh=16061748525091&csi=1&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&_tf=From%20%251%24s&share=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.foxnews.com%2Fsports%2Fbengals-joe-burrow-knee-injury-more-significant-than-anticipated
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:50 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Well I know I am going to get a lot of hate and probably thrown up on but we should start preparing as if Joe does not come back. So what is the plan? If he does come back next year great but I am not hopeful he is coming back like expected Joe to lead the Team for the next 10-12 years. If he does Great but damaged goods is damaged goods. So what are some real QB scenarios?

Joe Burrow is gone as soon as his rookie contract is up anyway sadly. I think the Bengals should bring in Kaepernick to be honest. He would be thankful just to be on a team and he would be a llegit backup next year when Burrow does return.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That dude from the Texans that traded away De Andre Hopkins takes the reins in KC and then trades us Mahomes for John Ross and Michael Jordan

GB decides it's time to start Jordan Love and want Zac Taylor to be his mentor, so they trade Aaron Rodgers to us for Zac Taylor

We draft 3rd in the draft behind Jets and Jags. Jets decide to give Darnold one more year and go punter #1OA and the Jags like what they have in Lutton and go long snapper, no one moves up and we take Lawrence with the 3rd pick

Kenny Anderson feels he still has a little left in the tank and comes back and leads us to all the Superbowlz

Our Michael Jordan? Or THE Michael Jordan?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:08 PM)TheFan Wrote: Depression is real guys but there's counseling and/or medication that can help. The doom and gloom here can be so over the top. Going through life with such a constant negative outlook isn't healthy.

you've been a bengals fan for how long again? Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:01 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: Time to move on from Ryan. This guy's arms don't look strong enough to hold a clip board.
[Image: c3ittw0kn9o619gk4ed7.jpg]

https://www.bengals.com/news/quick-hits-teammates-rally-to-burrow-finley-readies-for-giants-green-s-sweet-and
Click on this fluff piece and scroll down to see the avatar for the Finley video. He looks more like a high school tennis player than an NFL quarterback. I still can't believe that they traded up to get this guy. Who did they think was going to draft him?

Ryan Finley looks like the guy who would play Andy Dalton in a movie about AJ Green.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:08 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: What I can’t wait to move on from is 2020!

It’s the most Bengal thing ever to give us a franchise QB and then take him right back in such horrific fashion.

In addition to that, all 3 AFCN opponents are going to make the playoffs and the Steelers will somehow manage an undefeated Super Bowl year.

Whoopee...

The Chiefs will pummel the Steelers my friend.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I get what the OP really means: There is an infinitesimally small chance Joe Burrow may not recover by next season; I’m sure the OP doesn’t mean to abandon Joe entirely. I would rather have a healthy Joe Burrow in the future rather than rushing him back too early. Let’s get this right: Joe deserves a long healthy career, period.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I get what the OP really means: There is an infinitesimally small chance Joe Burrow may not recover by next season; I’m sure the OP doesn’t mean to abandon Joe entirely. I would rather have a healthy Joe Burrow in the future rather than rushing him back too early. Let’s get this right: Joe deserves a long healthy career, period.

Pretty clear from the thread title that’s exactly what he means. And it’s a terrible take.

Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Joe Burrow is gone as soon as his rookie contract is up anyway sadly. I think the Bengals should bring in Kaepernick to be honest. He would be thankful just to be on a team and he would be a llegit backup next year when Burrow does return.

They bring in Kaepernick the dick I am totally done with this team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 08:25 PM)jj22 Wrote: Depression is telling us all we have is Winston, Mariota, Bradford (for crying out loud), RGIII or something of the sort to look forward to next year.

So what's your plan? The option is either draft a new QB or don't. Those are our options.

Burrow in his rookie year was already playing better than any of those QBs you mentioned ever did. Outside of maybe RGIII rookie year and that gimmick offense which got found out by the next year. 
Reply/Quote
More and More reports come out it is time to consider drafting a QB next year since we will have a high draft pick (again)
Reply/Quote