Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Time to Move on From Joe.
(11-24-2020, 09:24 AM)Marlon23 Wrote: More and More reports come out it is time to consider drafting a QB next year since we will have a high draft pick (again)

Such insanely stupid logic. Build the OL for when Burrow is ready to come back. Otherwise you’ll just get another QB hurt.

Where are these “more and more reports” supposedly coming from anyway?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:32 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Such insanely stupid logic. Build the OL for when Burrow is ready to come back. Otherwise you’ll just get another QB hurt.

Where are these “more and more reports” supposedly coming from anyway?

He's probably getting news from *fred.   Hilarious

(* Just kidding fred)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 11:15 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: Joe Burrow is gone as soon as his rookie contract is up anyway sadly. I think the Bengals should bring in Kaepernick to be honest. He would be thankful just to be on a team and he would be a llegit backup next year when Burrow does return.

Kaeperdick hasn't played football in what 4 or 5 years? And he sucked and got benched the last time he did, which his why he started his protest crap. He's not coming back into the NFL, let it go.
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 07:51 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: ACL injury and knee replacement big difference

Yeah because Tom Brady proved to be SO mobile when he came back.  Guy was just running around in the pocket evading defenders and dashing down field for those big gains.
Reply/Quote
Joe will most likely miss the first 1-2 games. He may even go on the pup list. The injury sucks, no doubt. But the move on from joe mentality some have is over the top.

We need a better backup qb no doubt. We also need to fix the ol first. Let’s not put another cart in front of the horse with another high round qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:19 AM)motoarch Wrote: Yeah because Tom Brady proved to be SO mobile when he came back.  Guy was just falling around in the pocket evading defenders and dashing down field for those big gains.

Brady was never mobile.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 09:50 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Kaeperdick hasn't played football in what 4 or 5 years? And he sucked and got benched the last time he did, which his why he started his protest crap. He's not coming back into the NFL, let it go.

It's neither here nor there, but Kaepernick didn't suck. His coaching staff, and surrounding teammates did. Him being benched was also not the last time he played. I know people hate him, but we don't have to make things up. If the Bengals were in contention at the this point (laughable with those numbnuts on the sidelines), I'd take Kaepernick over Ryan Finley next week in a heartbeat. So would Ryan Finley's teammates.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:36 AM)jason Wrote: Brady was never mobile.

No shit? Really?!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:43 AM)jason Wrote: It's neither here nor there, but Kaepernick didn't suck. His coaching staff, and surrounding teammates did. Him being benched was also not the last time he played. I know people hate him, but we don't have to make things up. If the Bengals were in contention at the this point (laughable with those numbnuts on the sidelines), I'd take Kaepernick over Ryan Finley next week in a heartbeat. So would Ryan Finley's teammates.

Agreed
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:29 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Joe will most likely miss the first 1-2 games.  He may even go on the pup list.  The injury sucks, no doubt.  But the move on from joe mentality some have is over the top.

We need a better backup qb no doubt.  We also need to fix the ol first.  Let’s not put another cart in front of the horse with another high round qb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We likely won't know what we have in Burrow until 2022. We are already behind the division by about 5 years, waiting and hoping Joe and his reconstructed knee reverts back to Joe of old may set this "rebuild" back an additional 5 years. That's a generation lost and extending the current lost decade.

Why is it so outrageous to build this team in the present and worry about having two franchise qb's after the 2022 season. We can always trade one. It's never good putting all of your eggs into one basket. Everyone knows that, and yet here Bengals fans are trying to make the old mistake everyone knows isn't the smart move. 

We may not be in the position to draft 3OA again. Even in a bad 4-12 year. So it's not smart business to pass on the most important position of the team given the uncertainty and not having an established Franchise QB.

It's just going to take some time for posters to think with their heads and not hearts. 

You guys have more in common with MB way of doing business then you realize with this unearned loyalty, reactive and not proactive decision making and roster management. I don't want to hear anymore complaints about MB if yall going to act the same way.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Invest heavily in the OL & hope Burrow has a speedy recovery that allows him to play with success. If Burrow can't make it back, then you can look at drafting a new QB that will inherit a solid line (hahaha who am I kidding, the Bengals will screw up whoever they draft at OL).
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:43 AM)jason Wrote: It's neither here nor there, but Kaepernick didn't suck. His coaching staff, and surrounding teammates did. Him being benched was also not the last time he played. I know people hate him, but we don't have to make things up. If the Bengals were in contention at the this point (laughable with those numbnuts on the sidelines), I'd take Kaepernick over Ryan Finley next week in a heartbeat. So would Ryan Finley's teammates.

From what I recall of message board-era football it seems like every time a QB gets injured rumblings of the return of "QB X" start, and it varies by year.

2017-present - Kaepernick
2013-2016 - Tim Tebow
2011-2015- Brett Favre

I'm not sure who it was before that, but every time a starting QB goes down fans can start talking about signing a QB who either hates America, is a Jesus freak, or sends dick pics like a frat boy.  It's so formulaic...who is next? All I know is if this team signs GO-TO MESAGE BOARD QB POSSIBILITY I'm gonna swear off this team forEVER!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:49 AM)jj22 Wrote: We likely won't know what we have in Burrow until 2022. We are already behind the division by about 5 years, waiting and hoping Joe and his reconstructed knee reverts back to Joe of old may set this "rebuild" back an additional 5 years. That's a generation lost and extending the current lost decade.

Why is it so outrageous to build this team in the present and worry about having two franchise qb's after the 2022 season. We can always trade one. It's never good putting all of your eggs into one basket. Everyone knows that, and yet here Bengals fans are trying to make the old mistake everyone knows isn't the smart move. 

We may not be in the position to draft 3OA again. Even in a bad 4-12 year. So it's not smart business to pass on the most important position of the team given the uncertainty and not having an established Franchise QB.

It's just going to take some time for posters to think with their heads and not hearts. 

Since you are willing to die on this hill. Let's explore it. What QB you taking? We know TL won't be there. I don't trust Justin Fields, just look at Haskins. 

Then once you pick up the QB, who you surrounding him with? Who you picking up at line to prevent what we just witnessed? Because there won't be a OL as sure fire as Sewell in the 2nd round, especially given our track record. 

So, tell me, what is your head thinking? Because I'm thinking with my head, and my head says, until we fix the rest of this team, it doesn't matter one bit what we do at QB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:52 AM)Nately120 Wrote: From what I recall of message board-era football it seems like every time a QB gets injured rumblings of the return of "QB X" start, and it varies by year.

2017-present - Kaepernick
2013-2016 - Tim Tebow
2011-2015- Brett Favre

I'm not sure who it was before that, but every time a starting QB goes down fans can start talking about signing a QB who either hates America, is a Jesus freak, or sends dick pics like a frat boy.  It's so formulaic...who is next? All I know is if this team signs GO-TO MESAGE BOARD QB POSSIBILITY I'm gonna swear off this team forEVER!!!!

I'd also give Ryan Leaf a look over Finley right now too. Let's evaluate that guy.

Also forgot about Favre's Jesus freak phase, and the Tim Tebow dick pics.... Good times.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Anyone expecting a fairytale ending with Joe returning in 2022 to lead us to the promise land and be the GOAT just haven't been a Bengals fan for more than an hour.

The fairytale ending isn't happening. Hell it didn't even give us one this season.

The writing is on the wall from the locker reaction to the league reaction to losing a talent like Burrow far sooner than Luck. The quicker we read it the quicker we can take on the curse head on.

Hopefully folks don't put all their "eggs in one basket" in real life.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-23-2020, 06:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Joe or no Joe the plan should remain the same. Fix the O-line and draft some pass rushers.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2020, 10:53 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Since you are willing to die on this hill. Let's explore it. What QB you taking? We know TL won't be there. I don't trust Justin Fields, just look at Haskins. 

Then once you pick up the QB, who you surrounding him with? Who you picking up at line to prevent what we just witnessed? Because there won't be a OL as sure fire as Sewell in the 2nd round, especially given our track record. 

So, tell me, what is your head thinking? Because I'm thinking with my head, and my head says, until we fix the rest of this team, it doesn't matter one bit what we do at QB. 
/\/\ THIS/\/\
        It doesn't matter who the QB is with this oline. And has anybody actually watched Justin Fields play? He is a good qb but he drives me insane with how long he holds on to the ball. How do you think that will go for him behind this pathetic oline??

We have to build an oline! Even if Joe Burrow never returned to play another snap in the NFL I would still want Sewell. Stop trotting out this oline because honestly I'm really nervous for Ryan Finleys health. He might get killed in these last 6 games.  A good oline helps you cover up so many flaws. You can get a run game going like the Browns right now and throw the ball 18 times a game. It gives receivers more time to get open. It gives mediocre qbs more time to process plays. Look at the 49ers when they are all healthy. 

Spend a year or 2 getting this line right, THEN worry about what Joe can do or can't do anymore, but PROTECT HIM!
Reply/Quote