Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"The Bengals don’t feel it’s their job to make other teams better."
(11-02-2019, 08:24 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like the 5 playoff appearances in a row have them thinking their model works. They probably feel like these past 4 years have just been the inevitable decline after success.

That streak was Marv's model for building a competitive team in spite of the FO. Although he states coaching is what he loves, I think he's a better GM. For all his shortcomings as a HC, he seems to be a fine coordinator, and he could get a strategic plan for the team he had to work with, corny catchphrases notwithstanding.

I get it, though. Friends and family rave about my cooking, for  instance, but I don't love to do it.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:16 AM)SladeX Wrote: That streak was Marv's model for building a competitive team in spite of the FO. Although he states coaching is what he loves, I think he's a better GM. For all his shortcomings as a HC, he seems to be a fine coordinator, and he could get a strategic plan for the team he had to work with, corny catchphrases notwithstanding.

I get it, though. Friends and family rave about my cooking, for  instance, but I don't love to do it.

Did he have shortcomings as a HC? It's got to be hard to take a team from Good to Great on a team that doesn't like to heavily use free agency. When other teams have Good rosters...that's when they usually go out and try to add that player or 2 to put the team over the top.

We won't know on Marvin until he coaches another team and we see the results.

He came to a team that was perennially 3-13 and atleast got them to the playoffs 7 times.

He also won 6 games last year with a roster that had more injuries than this roster...and we're 0-8 this year. I'd say that Marvin was a much better coach than Zac.
Reply/Quote