Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to give the defense some love
Our defense has played well all year and especially stingy giving up points.

They are back to the number 1 scoring defense in the NFL

Geno is back and disrupting offenses each week.

Dunlap and Geno are both top 5 in sacks (we were last in the NFL in 2014 in sacks with around 20 I believe) and huge improvement

Nelson leads the NFL in interceptions with 6

Hall has become a great slot CB

Jones just gets better with age and having an awesome year

Rey M. is an enforcer and proved a year ago he helps our run defense be one of the best on the league

Peko is having a very good year plugging the middle and making vet plays

Burfict is getting better every week

Keep it up defense, we need you to propel us to a top seed and then continue the stellar play in the playoffs

I am sure I missed a few things, but our defense in much improved over 2014
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Bend don't break

Attached Files Image(s)

Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
A few more team stats

Sacks - 29 (10th)
Interceptions (3rd)

Do these 2 go hand in hand as a year ago we were not good in either

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 12:02 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Our defense has played well all year and especially stingy giving up points.

They are back to the number 1 scoring defense in the NFL

Geno is back and disrupting offenses each week.

Dunlap and Geno are both top 5 in sacks (we were last in the NFL in 2014 in sacks with around 20 I believe) and huge improvement

Nelson leads the NFL in interceptions with 6

Hall has become a great slot CB

Jones just gets better with age and having an awesome year

Rey M. is an enforcer and proved a year ago he helps our run defense be one of the best on the league

Peko is having a very good year plugging the middle and making vet plays

Burfict is getting better every week

Keep it up defense, we need you to propel us to a top seed and then continue the stellar play in the playoffs

I am sure I missed a few things, but our defense in much improved over 2014

I gotta say, the return of a healthy Atkins has sure payed dividends to Peko's game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: I gotta say, the return of a healthy Atkins has sure payed dividends to Peko's game.

I agree and might add a healthy DL where Peko does not have to play 65% of these snaps as he did a year ago is also a key

But Atkins is fun to watch when he is healthy, I would hate him as a QB because he comes right up the gut and is on them for they blink

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:15 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A few more team stats

Sacks - 29 (10th)
Interceptions (3rd)

Do these 2 go hand in hand as a year ago we were not good in either

Reggie Nelson is winning me over. Leon is playing good. George is on point and pac man. These guys have one goal and thats to win the very last game of the season. Thanks for stats knew they was ball hawking, just not that good. Nelson is leading the league. Good time to be a Bengal. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and might add a healthy DL where Peko does not have to play 65% of these snaps as he did a year ago is also a key

But Atkins is fun to watch when he is healthy, I would hate him as a QB because he comes right up the gut and is on them for they blink

Atkins is key to DL as is Burfict. Taze just football smart he reads the offenses well. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:24 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Atkins is key to DL as is Burfict. Taze just football smart he reads the offenses well. 

I agree about those 2, but many fans don't understand the concept of our defensive scheme as the guys like Peko and Rey M. are keys to our success. Rey and Peko's job is to eliminate the blockers first to allow Burfict or Vinnie Rey when he played lanes to make tackles in the run game

MJ and Dunlap are also very good run defending DE's

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:21 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree and might add a healthy DL where Peko does not have to play 65% of these snaps as he did a year ago is also a key

Yes, absolutely this too.  I really thought Peko's better days were behind him last season.  He was getting blown off the ball, and just wasn't able to stuff the gap and hold blockers that well.  Looks like night and day difference this year. He's still getting long in the tooth, but he just may have a year or two left in the tank after all.

Atkins is just a straight up dominant player.

(11-30-2015, 01:24 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Atkins is key to DL as is Burfict. Taze just football smart he reads the offenses well. 

Yep, Burfict is just so quick to react.  If the DL is doing their job and keeping blockers off of him, he's almost Singletary level.....almost. 

(11-30-2015, 01:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree about those 2, but many fans don't understand the concept of our defensive scheme as the guys like Peko and Rey M. are keys to our success. Rey and Peko's job is to eliminate the blockers first to allow Burfict or Vinnie Rey when he played lanes to make tackles in the run game

Absolutely agree on all points.

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:28 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I agree about those 2, but many fans don't understand the concept of our defensive scheme as the guys like Peko and Rey M. are keys to our success. Rey and Peko's job is to eliminate the blockers first to allow Burfict or Vinnie Rey when he played lanes to make tackles in the run game

We're solid all around. This team controls their destination, Peko don't get enough recognition. MJ and Dunlap are beast. Carlos is having a pro bowl year to bad they will be in California and not able to play.  Cool 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, absolutely this too.  I really thought Peko's better days were behind him last season.  He was getting blown off the ball, and just wasn't able to stuff the gap and hold blockers that well.  Looks like night and day difference this year. He's still getting long in the tooth, but he just may have a year or two left in the tank after all.

Atkins is just a straight up dominant player.

Yep, Burfict is just so quick to react.  If the DL is doing their job and keeping blockers off of him, he's almost Singletary level.....almost. 

Absolutely agree on all points.
Think it's safe to say we are loaded on both sides. These guys want a Lombardi trophy and this is our best shot at it. Pats are decimated with injury and bengals licking their chops. 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:23 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote:  
Reggie Nelson is winning me over. Leon is playing good. George is on point and pac man. These guys have one goal and thats to win the very last game of the season. Thanks for stats knew they was ball hawking, just not that good. Nelson is leading the league. Good time to be a Bengal. 

He hasn't won you over? The guy has been awesome here for a long time, what is taking you so long to come around?!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:49 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: He hasn't won you over? The guy has been awesome here for a long time, what is taking you so long to come around?!

Yes sir he has LOL he a freaking ball hawk. Probably my favorite in back field along with Adam. Maybe time to get a Nelson jersey  LOL 

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:40 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yes, absolutely this too.  I really thought Peko's better days were behind him last season.  He was getting blown off the ball, and just wasn't able to stuff the gap and hold blockers that well.  Looks like night and day difference this year. He's still getting long in the tooth, but he just may have a year or two left in the tank after all.

Peko only played about a third of the defensive snaps Sunday. (25 of 73).  He has been consistently playing about half of the defense snaps per game this year.  I think that has made a difference in his play.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 01:55 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: Yes sir he has LOL he a freaking ball hawk. Probably my favorite in back field along with Adam. Maybe time to get a Nelson jersey  LOL 

He has been one of the most underrated Bengals over the last few years.  Very solid tackler.  Good in coverage.  Fantastic athlete.  Former first round pick who never played up to his potential until he came here, but he is a key to our defense.

Iloka is underrated also.  We have one of the best safety duos in the league.  I don't know a lot of other safeties off the top of my head, but I can't think of a better tandem.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is going to be all over our secondary this offseason. With the Vikes on the up and up, with a new stadium and all, the competition is going to be intense.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
"Team Pass Defense" is usually ranked by yards allowed, but that is not very accurate. Bengals pass defense is 16th in yards allowed per game, but they are much better than that. They rank 6th in pass efficiency defense, 5th in yards per attempt, 3rd in interceptions, and 9th in sacks.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:24 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zimmer is going to be all over our secondary this offseason. With the Vikes on the up and up, with a new stadium and all, the competition is going to be intense.

Terence Newman is playing well for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 03:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peko only played about a third of the defensive snaps Sunday. (25 of 73).  He has been consistently playing about half of the defense snaps per game this year.  I think that has made a difference in his play.

Agree totally....combine that with Geno drawing so much attention....Peko sure looks rearin' to go.  It's good to see.....a super good human to boot.

Reply/Quote
Allowing only 17.5 ppg in today's NFL is amazing. Also, one stat that rarely gets mentioned is opponent's passer rating. The Bengals currently rank 6th in that category at 81.9. The Bengals do a great job of limiting QBs to short throws.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote