Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tin Foil Hat time....Apple and Mixon
Question 
Ok, I know, this may sound "tin foil hat" conspiracy talk, but should we worry about the refs being super sensitive with Eli on any contact with a receiver he might have? You know....a lot of pass interference calls, or holding or whatever, just because of the clown coin prop, and the Mixon coin flip they did to mock the NFL? Or a phantom "roughing the passer"? I hope this doesn't come down to some b.s. call that decides the game. I have a feeling it is going to be a very chippy game anyway, that if anything gets out of hand, I could see somebody getting tossed out. Hopefully we put it away early so those things don't come into play anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You might want to get used to the fact right now that the league will have the refs ready to screw us at the first opportunity. Goodell is PISSED at the Bengals and the Bills. Moreso at the Bengals it seems, though I don't know why.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You might want to get used to the fact right now that the league will have the refs ready to screw us at the first opportunity. Goodell is PISSED at the Bengals and the Bills. Moreso at the Bengals it seems, though I don't know why.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=ecf05e470tg3gmod96ojbkhpbd2...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I'm not one who believes in tin foil hat conspiracies, BUT I do believe in Goodell holding a grudge b/c Mixon made a mockery of him.  Our fans also had a big coin with a pic of Goodell, it had a Bozo the clown nose on him.  LMAO!!   Hilarious

Sometimes you just have to know with whom to pick a fight, and when to turn the other cheek.   I could see Roger hand-picking a ref crew and making a few phone calls to teach these guys a lesson and scrutinizing their every move.
Reply/Quote
"The replay was called in from NY. After review, F the Bengals" -The NFL Probably
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: You might want to get used to the fact right now that the league will have the refs ready to screw us at the first opportunity. Goodell is PISSED at the Bengals and the Bills. Moreso at the Bengals it seems, though I don't know why.

Because the Bills had the guy that almost died on their team. Don't want to punish them too harshly, right? 

But yeah, this worries me a bit actually. I can totally see the refs not having our backs and an agenda out against us this Sunday and going forward. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

If he is pissed it’s obvious why. The league wanted the game to be resumed that night. We know that now, basically confirmed. It’s understanding the bills wouldn’t play. All it took was the Bengals to say “we’re ready to go” and the nfl could have deemed it a forfeit and skip over all this chaos that happened. The bengals played hard ball and said we’re also not playing.
Reply/Quote

I think he is pissed at both, but since Hamlin was a Bills player, he knows he can't punish them as it would be a really bad PR look. But nobody cares about the Bengals, so we are getting all the punishment.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
I don’t think the NFL cares about screwing the Bengals and won’t be wearing any tinfoil on my head.
Reply/Quote
Meh, a Commish holding a grudge only makes for an awkward but very satisfying trophy presentation.  

[Image: bc053eaac8f6aed795634b06c16ef38b.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Be prepared for the worst from the officiating crew. The NFL will do anything they can to keep the Bengals from getting to the SB this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:38 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: If he is pissed it’s obvious why. The league wanted the game to be resumed that night. We know that now, basically confirmed. It’s understanding the bills wouldn’t play. All it took was the Bengals to say “we’re ready to go” and the nfl could have deemed it a forfeit and skip over all this chaos that happened. The bengals played hard ball and said we’re also not playing.

And, McDermott took full advantage of it, and now the Bills have the # 2 seed and home field over us without having to win.  McDermott played the "Never let the opportunity of a crisis go to waste."  ZT, "No good deed goes unpunished."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:54 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: I'm not one who believes in tin foil hat conspiracies, BUT I do believe in Goodell holding a grudge b/c Mixon made a mockery of him.  Our fans also had a big coin with a pic of Goodell, it had a Bozo the clown nose on him.  LMAO!!   Hilarious

Sometimes you just have to know with whom to pick a fight, and when to turn the other cheek.   I could see Roger hand-picking a ref crew and making a few phone calls to teach these guys a lesson and scrutinizing their every move.

You never turn the other cheek, or you will get sucker punched in it. That is just the sad truth how the world works.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:53 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I don’t think the NFL cares about screwing the Bengals and won’t be wearing any tinfoil on my head.

Are you new to Bengals football?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:24 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Are you new to Bengals football?

Multiple decades.

I just believe that these are emotional impressions people have with little basis in reality. Quite literally every single fanbase believes the NFL is out to get their teams.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:27 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Multiple decades.

I just believe that these are emotional impressions people have with little basis in reality. Quite literally every single fanbase believes the NFL is out to get their teams.

Yeah, but those fanbases don't have a list of times the NFL actually screwed them over, whereas the Bengals have a long list.
Reply/Quote
If they win they’re going to have to choke down and overcome a shit sandwich fed to them by the league while doing so. It’s a given.

The bias we’ve all “suspected” (Bengals fans have always KNOWN) was basically admitted out in the open to all last week.
Reply/Quote
Wait I've been a member here since 2017.   Since then I've seen people here claim the NFL hates the Bengals and is out to get them many times.  So what's changed?   Or is it the NFL is out to get them and hates them even more now?   So they are really, really going to get them this time.    Tongue   Ninja

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 01:29 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, but those fanbases don't have a list of times the NFL actually screwed them over, whereas the Bengals have a long list.

Yes they do. Or at least they think so with just as much confidence as you have.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:53 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: I don’t think the NFL cares about screwing the Bengals and won’t be wearing any tinfoil on my head.

Ditto. 

"The NFL wants..." is so old and played out. How many times did i read that the NFL wanted Pitt in the playoffs, then they were eliminated when Miami kicked a GWFG. 

So then, the NFL only hires referees that are crooked and willing to make calls that affect every NFL game? 

C'mon man.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote