Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tin Foil Hat time....Apple and Mixon
(01-10-2023, 05:48 PM)Joelist Wrote: They got some calls but I'm talking about the refs missing blatant player safety infractions right in front of their eyes. Late hits, facemasks, hit on defenseless receiver, etc.).

It probably happens so fast they don’t see it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 05:50 PM)packerbacker Wrote: It probably happens so fast they don’t see it.

Or they are just blind or just ignoring it, the Burrow face mask could be seen 10,000 miles away...
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 05:45 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I recognize that guy in your picture. He starred in Walker Texas Ranger.
The guy in the gif, or my profile ?

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The guy in the gif, or my profile ?

Must be mistaking you for Marshall Teague lol
Reply/Quote
it's their prime time TV slot, so if they were to try to screw the Bengals, the whole country will see it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:14 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: The guy in the gif, or my profile ?

Your GIF.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 05:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Or they are just blind or just ignoring it, the Burrow face mask could be seen 10,000 miles away...

I didn’t see your game but it’s possible. I just hope that they are blind and not just ignoring it.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be mistaking you for Marshall Teague lol

That guy isn’t Marshall Teague. It was the villain who Chuck Norris went undercover on and busted him at the end.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 12:38 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: If he is pissed it’s obvious why. The league wanted the game to be resumed that night. We know that now, basically confirmed. It’s understanding the bills wouldn’t play. All it took was the Bengals to say “we’re ready to go” and the nfl could have deemed it a forfeit and skip over all this chaos that happened. The bengals played hard ball and said we’re also not playing.

BS.  ESPN fact checked themselves and declared themselves right.  They're just covering their own ass.  Nobody outside has confirmed their version of the story. It was specifically denied by the rules analyst at the NFL that they cited.  Zac Taylor's own statement that they weren't pressured contradicts it.

ESPN is not your friend.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:58 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Your GIF.

Ok, cool.
As you may know, he played the Dean in Animal House.
I thought it cool to relate our team to the unruly hooligans revolting against the establishment in the movie.
Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:22 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Must be mistaking you for Marshall Teague lol

I'm far too ugly to resemble that fellow.
LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 07:01 PM)packerbacker Wrote: That guy isn’t Marshall Teague. It was the villain who Chuck Norris went undercover on and busted him at the end.

Ahh, so many Walker Texas Rangers hard to pin point one guy ha ha

One of the best TV shows ever BTW.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 06:59 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I didn’t see your game but it’s possible. I just hope that they are blind and not just ignoring it.

Sure would be better if they were just blind for sure. Just incompetent is all, we seriously need to get permanent refs that are paid 
and that is their sole job as Joelist was saying. This on the side BS isn't professional and it is costing team's games.
Reply/Quote
Thr nice thing about legalized sports betting is you have LESS chance of shenanigans from the officials or the league not being noticed and turning into huge issues. Huge swaths of money are wagered on both sides, and there is a vested interest from the books to make sure this cash cow isn't disturbed by calling into question the integrity of the games. The big books are generally making money no matter which side wins or how many points are scored.

I don't think Goodell would risk his 60 million dollar a year job and get himself into legal issues to get petty revenge on the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ahh, so many Walker Texas Rangers hard to pin point one guy ha ha

One of the best TV shows ever BTW.

I love the one where Walker goes undercover as the new Principal. Remember that one?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 03:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure would be better if they were just blind for sure. Just incompetent is all, we seriously need to get permanent refs that are paid 
and that is their sole job as Joelist was saying. This on the side BS isn't professional and it is costing team's games.
I'd guess it makes for great water cooler talk when the part time refs go back to work on Monday at their accounting firm.... Cool
Reply/Quote
As far as I can find, Clay Martin seems to be pretty much average in terms of penalties. Seems like a kind of let ‘‘em play type of official. I expect to see missed calls going both for and against. Will not be surprised if there is a critical call that goes against the Bengals. Nothing new, just have to overcome the zebras as well as the Ratbirds.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:00 PM)packerbacker Wrote: I love the one where Walker goes undercover as the new Principal. Remember that one?

Of course, great episode.

(01-11-2023, 07:43 PM)Burrow Sass Wrote: I'd guess it makes for great water cooler talk when the part time refs go back to work on Monday at their accounting firm.... Cool

No doubt lol

(01-11-2023, 09:14 PM)SouthernFan Wrote: As far as I can find, Clay Martin seems to be pretty much average in terms of penalties. Seems like a kind of let ‘‘em play type of official. I expect to see missed calls going both for and against. Will not be surprised if there is a critical call that goes against the Bengals. Nothing new, just have to overcome the zebras as well as the Ratbirds.

Well that is good news, was dreading it if we got Boger for this one.Twitch
Reply/Quote