Poll: Who wins?
Titans win
Bengals win
Too close to call
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Titans Divisional Playoff Game Prediction Thread
(01-17-2022, 01:20 PM)Nepa Wrote: Another important point. Tennessee has the 2nd best rushing defense in the NFL in terms of yards/game, but only the 25th passing defense. 

Titans actually have a good pass defense.  They gave up a lot of yards just because other teams threw the ball so much against them (628 attempts, 3rd most in league).  In pass efficiency rating they are #9.  They were 7th in fewest td passes, and 10th in most interceptions.
Reply/Quote
I think this will be a higher scoring game.I think the Bengals Offense matches up better against the Titans defense than it did against the Raiders defense.

Bengals-34-30
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31-25 in overtime
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Titans actually have a good pass defense.  They gave up a lot of yards just because other teams threw the ball so much against them (628 attempts, 3rd most in league).  In pass efficiency rating they are #9.  They were 7th in fewest td passes, and 10th in most interceptions.

So would that mean their run defense isn't as good since people pass on them more? Honestly I would rather be against a good run defense and bad pass defense then the other way around.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:39 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: So would that mean their run defense isn't as good since people pass on them more? 

No.  Their run defense is #4 in the league in yards per attempt allowed.

That is a big reason that teams threw the ball aginst them so much.  Also most teams were trailing the Titans late in the game and throwing to catch up.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Their run defense is #4 in the league in yards per attempt allowed.

That is a big reason that teams threw the ball aginst them so much.  Also most teams were trailing the Titans late in the game and throwing to catch up.

Thank you for the clarification. Just going on yards alone led me to an oversimplification of the strength of this matchup for the Bengals. Of course, I wish that I'd never read what you wrote because I was feeling a lot more optimistic. As Toby Keith would sing, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 02:13 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I just can't get past how thin we are on the defensive line.

Titans take it.

Just hoping Henry doesn't drop 200 on us.  If we can contain him to some degree, I think we win a close one.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Just hoping Henry doesn't drop 200 on us.  If we can contain him to some degree, I think we win a close one.  

Won't bother me if he is still a little rusty and a step slow. 

But we will probably get the fresh legged Tasmanian devil with the ball nobody wants to see. 

Just got to figure it out and find a way to win. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 05:56 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Won't bother me if he is still a little rusty and a step slow. 

But we will probably get the fresh legged Tasmanian devil with the ball nobody wants to see. 

Just got to figure it out and find a way to win. 

Guess I thought that it was more a foregone conclusion that he would be playing, but from what I've been reading it sounds more tentative.  
Reply/Quote
If Henry plays, he will probably be somewhat limited this week. I think the Bengals pass to a victory. Bengals 31 Titans 24
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Heart says Bengals, but head says Titans. The Titans are finally healthy for the first time in a long time. I am not sure we will match up well enough outside with AJ Brown and Julio Jones. We will be playing single high with Bell in the box to stop Henry and expecting Eli Apple to hold up against either is a tough ask (even though he has done an admirable job this year). I do think we will be able to keep pace on the offensive side but in the end I think we come up just short.

Titans 27 - Bengals 24.
Reply/Quote
Too close to call for me. All i can ask for is for the Bengals to be in position to have a chance to win the game in the 4th.
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
30-27 Bengals

FG as time expires for the win
Reply/Quote
38 - 20 Bengals win. Close at halftime, but the good guys open up the doors in the second half.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals 27-26

Randy Bullock cramps as time expires and misses the would-be winning kick.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 34-27!
Reply/Quote
Alright, I'm going to be that guy and bump my own thread. It's only Wednesday and we should have some more predictions for Saturday. I promise no more bumping after this ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
Bengals 31
Titans 28
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Bengals win 27-24 as Fat Randy misses a 47 yard fg attempt at the gun
Reply/Quote
With our updates on injuries I think we can beat the Titans. Damn solid team but I am predicting a win.

They run on us but we keep them out of the Endzone for the most part, we tear them up with Perine and Evans with
Mixon not playing well early. Burrow and Tannehill do well on Play Action and score some early TD's but in the end our
Defense stands and gets some turnovers through a fumble here and there or an INT. My prediction is...

Bengals - 35
Titans - 32

Randy misses a FG to tie it in the final seconds. Shooter wins another Kicker matchup.
Reply/Quote